Liberty Cayman Islands Replacement

mrlevin

We are on 14 November and no letter and no change to cruise planner.  Question for those that have gotten notified - have your prepaid excursions for Cayman Islands and Jamaica been automatically refunded to credit card that was used to purchase?

Marc

7 hours ago, mrlevin said:

We are on 14 November and no letter and no change to cruise planner.  Question for those that have gotten notified - have your prepaid excursions for Cayman Islands and Jamaica been automatically refunded to credit card that was used to purchase?

Marc

Yes, according to my itinerary change email:

Our Shore Excursions team will automatically reschedule any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Cozumel. Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Grand Cayman and Jamaica will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment.

Edited by BSocial
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Marc

The letters just went out yesterday, not time for refunds to be hitting anyone. 

My ta just sent the letter this morning.

I upgraded yesterday to a suite and the new invoice still shows us stopping in GC and Jamaica. I asked my TA and she said nothing had been sent to her either. Eventually it will be changed but nothing has changed on the RCCL website as of yet. 

On 10/2/2021 at 7:53 AM, TMG2014 said:

So far no letter of change and the website for Liberty's Thanksgiving cruise has not changed locations. I know it is going to change and so I am hesitant to make excursions.

image.png.6c279fae69b30b30e6cc0b1145085a04.png

We received an email that stated the change even though it hasn’t been updated on the cruise itinerary:

4AB81C0D-1C11-4240-B6CB-C6607EB44B21.png

On 10/2/2021 at 6:51 AM, Dewaldcruiser said:

Anyone seen a letter for the Liberty cruise for November 7th?

I received an email from Costco on Saturday for the Nov 7 sailing but nothing from Royal Caribbean yet.  

Email shows the following:

Wed = Roatan from 8:00 to 5:00

Thur = Costa Maya from 8:00 to 5:00

Fri = Cozumel from 7:00 to 5:00

9 minutes ago, Nic_Texas said:

I received an email from Costco on Saturday for the Nov 7 sailing but nothing from Royal Caribbean yet.  

Email shows the following:

Wed = Roatan from 8:00 to 5:00

Thur = Costa Maya from 8:00 to 5:00

Fri = Cozumel from 7:00 to 5:00

Lol costa maya is very popular .. all my eastern are western with a lot of stops there. ..not my first pick for Jamaica. 

I sure would have loved a coco cay perfect day. 

• Like 1

There are 11 of us on the Nov 21 Thanksgiving cruise (5 staterooms) and none of us received notification of the new ports.  Our very seasoned TA is in the dark as well.  Two of the rooms are booked for Diamond Crown and Anchor members.  Wow - really concerned with RC's communication.  I did notice at least the web is updated now.  

I just checked the cruise planner for Costa Maya and Roatan; completely blank. I guess we'll all stay on the ship and have a staring contest!

ETA: They still have excursions for Jamaica listed. Come on, Royal! Get it together.

Edited by BLiles1961

On 9/16/2021 at 5:43 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

The prevailing unofficial thought is the entire itinerary will be swapped for Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan

We're on Odyssey in February and scheduled for Aruba and Curacao as well as George Town, Grand Cayman.  Do you think that that is a likely outcome for ours?

Edited by Tree_skier

1 hour ago, EDubs Trippin said:

There are 11 of us on the Nov 21 Thanksgiving cruise (5 staterooms) and none of us received notification of the new ports.  Our very seasoned TA is in the dark as well.  Two of the rooms are booked for Diamond Crown and Anchor members.  Wow - really concerned with RC's communication.  I did notice at least the web is updated now.  

C&A status has no bearing on communication unfortunately.  I have 3 cabins on this itinerary, 1 D+ and 2 Diamond, we have not  heard anything, but the itinerary has been updated in the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

We're on Odyssey in February and scheduled for Aruba and Curacao as well as George Town, Grand Cayman.  Do you think that that is a likely outcome for ours?

As above my march 27 liberty was cancelled for caymans and thus jamaica ..

If rcl claims caymans is closed march 27, I'd say good chance they think it will be closed in feb.

Hopefully something better than what we go lol. 

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As above my march 27 liberty was cancelled for caymans and thus jamaica ..

If rcl claims caymans is closed march 27, I'd say good chance they think it will be closed in feb.

Hopefully something better than what we go lol. 

I'd actually like a day at Coco Cay!  I was there the week before Perfect day opened up.   I'd like to give the slides etc a try 🙂 

We were originally suppose to Grand Cayman and port was replaced with Costa Maya. Nice change to me. Sadly, we lost that port a few weeks later along with Cozumel. Don't count on your updated ports sticking. Be prepared to just go to the Bahamas like we are. Royal is selling itineraries to ports they know they can't go to due to lack of available berths or local regulations preventing ship calls.

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd actually like a day at Coco Cay!  I was there the week before Perfect day opened up.   I'd like to give the slides etc a try 🙂 

I too would love a day I  coco cay and Nassau. Got the same as dec costa Maya and roatan. 

Good thing I've been to these ports, though I havent seen coco cay since it was done over.