Oasis 9/12?

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is this recent?  I've never heard or seen that when we have been in the past.

been a few years but people literally blocking my way with a tshirt they wanted me to buy was very annoying. the best thing about it was i was with my blind friend and she yelled NO I CANT SEE IT

the only place more annoying than nassau was in cancun at the one market. they literally grabbed me around the shoulder to direct me to their stand. so uncool. i left immediately. in what culture  can you force someone to buy something. i dont get these places at all. when i go to my local flea/farmers market i walk around and people are sitting at the stands. not in the aisles constantly badgering me to buy buy buy. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lovelife said:

Day six. CD announced no Covid cases on board - yay!

However, when we sailed on the Sept. 5th the CDC color scheme was Green,  During the sail it turned to Yellow and stated that "CDC has begun an investigation."  Now it's still Yellow and the statement says "that CDC has investigated and ship remains under investigation."

Don't know what it all means.  Some of us on that sail, suspect that there may have been CDC personnel onboard.

13 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

been a few years but people literally blocking my way with a tshirt they wanted me to buy was very annoying. the best thing about it was i was with my blind friend and she yelled NO I CANT SEE IT

the only place more annoying than nassau was in cancun at the one market. they literally grabbed me around the shoulder to direct me to their stand. so uncool. i left immediately. in what culture  can you force someone to buy something. i dont get these places at all. when i go to my local flea/farmers market i walk around and people are sitting at the stands. not in the aisles constantly badgering me to buy buy buy. 

Right now there's huge construction project by the pier and you don't see any Bahamians until you get to the street.  No such action encountered.  Walked some 6 blocks and saw some by their respective stores, but no strong arming.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

For the Sept. 5 sail, I had 11:30-12 and was able to get into the building at 10:30 and there were Paxs checking in before me.

ok i had no idea the overall timing as this is my first trip from the cape. i got 2pm and gf 230 and i know suites can 'legally' get in 1hour before but hopefully they let us both in the earlier time..or even earlier. 🙂

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

For the Sept. 5 sail, I had 11:30-12 and was able to get into the building at 10:30 and there were Paxs checking in before me.

I think that would have more to do with the Sept 5 sailing being the first with paying passengers and not having to wait for the passengers from the prior cruise to disembark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

I think that would have more to do with the Sept 5 sailing being the first with paying passengers and not having to wait for the passengers from the prior cruise to disembark.

However, everyone needed to disembark by 9:45 AM.  Also, noticed that they were more interested in the documentation, especially the vaccine cards, than the assigned time.  They looked at my test results  twice, but the vaccine cards some 6 times at various intervals on boarding  the ship.

The first cruise was a charm as the cabins were available at 11 and gladly dropped my carry ons.

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

However, everyone needed to disembark by 9:45 AM.  Also, noticed that they were more interested in the documentation, especially the vaccine cards, than the assigned time.  They looked at my test results  twice, but the vaccine cards some 6 times at various intervals on boarding  the ship.

The first cruise was a charm as the cabins were available at 11 and gladly dropped my carry ons.

thats other info i was interested in, i carry 2 carryons and would love to drop in the cabin

On 9/17/2021 at 12:04 PM, JMKreno said:

Oh, goodie. Nice to see things are back to "normal"! 

Even if not right by the pool, are there chairs available? We have a younger child (6) who is more into the splash park than swimming. Are there chairs available near that if you get an opportunity to check?

Here are the chairs by the kiddo splash zone today.

20210918_123852.jpg

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

Don't know what it all means.

That either RCI is reporting bogus info or CDC is not displaying it right. The Odyssey is still listed as Simulated, Oasis was listed as Simulated at least a month before her test cruise - not sure I would trust any of the info on that page.

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That either RCI is reporting bogus info or CDC is not displaying it right. The Odyssey is still listed as Simulated, Oasis was listed as Simulated at least a month before her test cruise - not sure I would trust any of the info on that page.

You mean that you don't trust the CDC😄

On 9/16/2021 at 6:04 PM, corthaus said:

I can deal with toddlers, disappointing to hear about no masks but unsurprising. I'm somewhat surprised so many parents are willing to take their unvaccinated child on a cruise!

Have the crew at least been good about enforcing vaccinated-only spaces? I'm planning on spending most of my time in the Solarium, so long as there are no kids in there I'm good. The only other cruise I've been on was Mariner of the Seas in 2019 and children were all over the place in the Solarium.

You realize fully vaccinated people can get covid and give it to other people, too? It's nonsensical to treat unvaccinated kids like they're the only possible source of covid spread. It doesn't matter where you go on the ship. If you're on the ship and someone has it, you could get it. That's the risk we all take when we get onboard. 

• Like 2