Move up bids and process query

Keddy72

For those who have gone through the process, can you help with a query.  When bidding you can cancel or change up to 96 hours before, have already changed once.  But when I click my link now, from the 2 room bids I made, one is showing as expired (and no rooms showing available) the other room is showing as pending pending, but I cannot edit it all, cannot adjust bid or cancel even though I am 11 days out and category of room is still showing as available , has anyone experienced this?

Edited by Keddy72
Clarification

I've had that happen before and found that when that happens it's a good sign you will be updated.   The rooms showing available do not represent the true  inventory.   When I  bid for an upgrade from S1 to CS, RS and PS there was no availability but I won an upgrade to RS on first of the B2B and PS on the second.    I move to the PS tomorrow.      I won the PS 2 1/2 weeks prior to cruise and had  never shown open.     There are lots of  cancellations and some upgrades have been made after 72 hours at sea for cabins of last minute cancellation.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've had that happen before and found that when that happens it's a good sign you will be updated.   The rooms showing available do not represent the true  inventory.   When I  bid for an upgrade from S1 to CS, RS and PS there was no availability but I won an upgrade to RS on first of the B2B and PS on the second.    I move to the PS tomorrow.      I won the PS 2 1/2 weeks prior to cruise and had  never shown open.     There are lots of  cancellations and some upgrades have been made after 72 hours at sea for cabins of last minute cancellation.

Thank you, was hoping it was a promising sign.  Hope you enjoyed your first trip and a nice upgrade for the second leg 

Edited by Keddy72

8 hours ago, Keddy72 said:

For those who have gone through the process, can you help with a query.  When bidding you can cancel or change up to 96 hours before, have already changed once.  But when I click my link now, from the 2 room bids I made, one is showing as expired (and no rooms showing available) the other room is showing as pending pending, but I cannot edit it all, cannot adjust bid or cancel even though I am 11 days out and category of room is still showing as available , has anyone experienced this?

I agree with Jim, it is a good sign that your bid was accepted.  You will know for sure when it hits your CC.

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I agree with Jim, it is a good sign that your bid was accepted.  You will know for sure when it hits your CC.

Thank you, this was my view, but 3 days later and no change.  Would have expected it to have changed by now, I don’t want to print luggage tags and express pass in case it does 

23 hours ago, Keddy72 said:

Interesting that they won't let you cancel 11 days out. 

I know you want the upgrade to clear, but what if you really wanted to cancel and can't because the "Cancel" button has been disabled.  Then I guess one would have to email the Moveup department--my experience has been they take 5 days to a week to respond.

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Interesting that they won't let you cancel 11 days out. 

I know you want the upgrade to clear, but what if you really wanted to cancel and can't because the "Cancel" button has been disabled.  Then I guess one would have to email the Moveup department--my experience has been they take 5 days to a week to respond.

yes you are right, what happens if I did, the T&cS say you cancel as long as it has t been accepted by celebrity, reading that would imply I must have been accepted 

I have a $$ question....in these covid low cruiser days, is the range of bidding lower?  When I've bid in the past the basic amount allowed was very close to the actual cruise category cost and the high was beyond it. 

And....one of my bids has shown 'pending' but I didn't win it.  When I did win, I was notified about 3 weeks prior to cruise and no 'pending' was shown.  I think it's just a wait and see (and hope) transaction.

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I have a $$ question....in these covid low cruiser days, is the range of bidding lower?  When I've bid in the past the basic amount allowed was very close to the actual cruise category cost and the high was beyond it. 

And....one of my bids has shown 'pending' but I didn't win it.  When I did win, I was notified about 3 weeks prior to cruise and no 'pending' was shown.  I think it's just a wait and see (and hope) transaction.

I think it depends.  My bids showed low to a medium amount (lower than if I upgraded) I bid a weakfish amount for the next category up, having already paid a lot.  And I knew there were almost of this room available, have watched the rooms disappear over the past week and see other rooms appear so can see who has been moved up, ( can only assume their bid was higher) I then assume they leave i5 a few days to see if new room booked before moving the nex5 one up 

1 hour ago, whirlybird3 said:

If the bid is approved, what does it say?  Accepted or Upgraded? 

Personally never see. It change, but  a check of the credit card or Manage Reservation showing a new cabin was the first notification.

If in a wheelchair accessible S2 cabin, are you precluded from bidding on higher level suites? The higher level suites (RS, EV) have plenty of room for a mobility scooter as well as walk in showers. The EV has outside accessibility to both levels.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, bac513 said:

If in a wheelchair accessible S2 cabin, are you precluded from bidding on higher level suites? The higher level suites (RS, EV) have plenty of room for a mobility scooter as well as walk in showers. The EV has outside accessibility to both levels.

Thanks.

You might want to make sure you can get an accessible cabin.  The RS we've been in may have had plenty of room to get into the room, but you might have some trouble getting around the bedroom, and the bathroom would be a nightmare.  Other ships may vary.

Frankly, if you are interested in an upgrade, it would be worth calling the Retreat line and seeing what your options are.

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

You might want to make sure you can get an accessible cabin.  The RS we've been in may have had plenty of room to get into the room, but you might have some trouble getting around the bedroom, and the bathroom would be a nightmare.  Other ships may vary.

Frankly, if you are interested in an upgrade, it would be worth calling the Retreat line and seeing what your options are.

Thanks for your response.  Celebrity did confirm that it is possible.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, whirlybird3 said:

Do all bids automatically appear as pending?  How long is the average wait to see if Celebrity accepts the bid?

Anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 days prior to sailing.    They do appear as pending.   First clue to me when I win one is a vibration on my left wrist from my smart watch advising me of a credit card transaction.

Funny thing last time I was upgraded on both of the B2B cruises.    The upgrade occurred at approximately the same time.    I didn't realize for a couple days that the second had been accepted.   1st cruise was delayed in opening the bidding and I was advised 7 days out the 2nd was exactly on schedule and was upgraded 17 days from sailing.

• Thanks 1