Positive News

flossie009

2 hours ago, BBWC said:

Just one caveat - it is up to the CDC to decide whether they will accept vaccines not approved in the US, i.e. AstraZeneca.

We hope that the CDC will follow its existing guidance by recognising full vaccination as including all vaccines on the W.H.O. list ............ but we will wait to see the detailed rules when announced.

What a performance! We live in France and after having 4 Regent cruises cancelled we were determined to book something!  So, as I wanted to be away over Christmas we booked the December 20 cruise out of Miami. I must admit that at the time, the ban on EU / Brits entering the States escaped me but I got more worried as time passed.  As the time to pay drew closer I chickened out and yesterday morning I cancelled the cruise - just a few hours later the ban was lifted.  I could have spit feathers! So, this afternoon I spoke to the long-suffering agent at Regent and rebooked it. Fingers crossed there are no more pit-falls. 

• Like 6

Great, so now having been 'locked' in Australia for 18 months, waited patiently for my covid jabs, now fully vaccinated, I now and out that AstraZeneca is not an approved vaccine in the US!!! 🤬

1 hour ago, Qld13 said:

Great, so now having been 'locked' in Australia for 18 months, waited patiently for my covid jabs, now fully vaccinated, I now and out that AstraZeneca is not an approved vaccine in the US!!! 🤬

We're in the same boat - so to speak, but I think 'approved for the US' means approved for use on US citizens as a vaccination which (I hope) is different to approval for a traveller's immunisation status.  I think they would defer to the WHO on this issue.🤞

Hi MUMCAT, We are on the Explorer cruise leaving Miami 12-20 for 14 days as well. Our last vacation was spent in your lovely country. Some Americans still value its beauty and culture. Hope to see you on board so you can listen to our fracturesd French. We plan on renting a chateau in Bordeaux in September of 2023 for a month. Hopefully things will be calm and you will be welcoming some Americans. BTW someone started a rollcall for our Holiday cruise. Not much activity as of yet. A bientot.

33 minutes ago, dodgerdoug said:

Hi MUMCAT, We are on the Explorer cruise leaving Miami 12-20 for 14 days as well. Our last vacation was spent in your lovely country. Some Americans still value its beauty and culture. Hope to see you on board so you can listen to our fracturesd French. We plan on renting a chateau in Bordeaux in September of 2023 for a month. Hopefully things will be calm and you will be welcoming some Americans. BTW someone started a rollcall for our Holiday cruise. Not much activity as of yet. A bientot.

We are also booked on this cruise. 

4 hours ago, dodgerdoug said:

Ho Dodgerdoug, although we live in France, we are not French. I am English and my husband is Canadian. I have basic French but my husband doesn't speak it much at all so, there's not much chance of us speaking anything but English!  I'm looking forward to actually understanding what's going on around me for a change! I hope we get to meet you on board, we are in suite 807. I'm off to check out the roll call. Bon soir. 

3 hours ago, labonnevie said:

Any vaccine approved by the WHO will be acceptable when the US loosens its restrictions in early November, exact date tbd.

My sources say that is not a sure bet.  It's very frustrating.  We're coming up to 60 days prior to embarkation which means no refunds if they deny us boarding due to this technicality.  It's too much money to risk and not making the anticipation fun and exciting at all.

Agree, nothing is a sure bet these days, and I empathize with your frustration.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/us-relax-travel-restrictions-passengers-uk-eu-november-source-2021-09-20/

"Foreign nationals will need to present proof of vaccination before travel and will not be required to quarantine on arrival.The White House said the final decision on what vaccines would be accepted is up to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The CDC on Monday pointed to its prior guidance when asked what vaccines it will accept.

"The CDC considers someone fully vaccinated with any FDA-authorized or approved vaccines and any vaccines that (the World Health Organization) has authorized," said spokesperson Kristen Nordlund. That list could change pending additions by either agency, she said."