Tortilla chips at the Mardi Gras Blue Iguana Cantina

wayne_trisha

Vista didnt have chips but you can get a tostado salad in a taco type bowl and break off pieces to eat. Condiment bar with things to dip into. Guacamole would turn dark if it sits out, so might be hard to find unless you pay for it freshly made at a pay venue.

Maybe the pub has them. 

32 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

I don't see chips on the menus I looked at. Do they have tortilla chips? Love me some chips and guacamole! 

This is the biggest issue I have with Blue Iguana Cantina, no tortilla chips available. The food is delicious and they have so many salsas, but why no chips?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

OP was inquiring about the Mardi Gras.  No Pub on that ship.

There's the Guy Fieri's Smokehouse and Brewhouse, which presumably qualifies as a "pub."  

Do they have tortilla chips, though?   Probably not.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pellaz said:

There's the Guy Fieri's Smokehouse and Brewhouse, which presumably qualifies as a "pub."  

They have loaded nachos on the menu at Guys Smokehouse. You could order plain nachos with a side of salsa or guac and see what happens! 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pellaz said:

12 hours ago, Frank12 said:

They have loaded nachos on the menu at Guys Smokehouse. You could order plain nachos with a side of salsa or guac and see what happens! 😉

The Pig & Anchor on the Mardi Gras has a different menu than the other P & A in the fleet.  No stacked nachos.

https://cruiseradio.net/menu-guys-pig-anchor-smokehouse-carnival-cruise-mardi-gras/

The tortilla chips included in the "trash can nachos" are pre-processed and small round ones.

Who cares, as there was plenty of pork, beans, etc. to make that a winner.

I will order it again, but don't expect the same quality as the taco bowl at Blue Iguana.

David

10 hours ago, Brkintx said:

It was late afternoon / evening, but the BI had chips and salsa / cheese out on at least one night during my cruise on the Breeze (July 29-Aug 2).  They clearly had them... 

On our 8/16/21 Magic cruise we also had tortilla chips on the night of the 80’s deck party at the BI. Didn’t really notice any other evenings nor did we check.