Silversea Covid protocols

bitob

In searching the web (unsuccessfully) I could not find the answers I am looking for.

Does Silversea perform a rapid test on all passengers before we board?  This is what Crystal does but that required us to go to a central location on the day of embarkation and not directly to the port.

I read that Silversea wants your proof of vaccination uploaded to your profile but I cannot find anywhere on the MySIlversea site to do so.  Help

1 hour ago, bitob said:

In searching the web (unsuccessfully) I could not find the answers I am looking for.

Does Silversea perform a rapid test on all passengers before we board?  This is what Crystal does but that required us to go to a central location on the day of embarkation and not directly to the port.

I read that Silversea wants your proof of vaccination uploaded to your profile but I cannot find anywhere on the MySIlversea site to do so.  Help

In Greece there is a requirement to take a Lateral Flow test prior to boarding, analysis takes about 20 mins. It was administered at the port. We got an email from SS about a month or so before sail date asking us to upload vaccination certs, there was a link to follow in the email.

We were on Silver moon last month. I know my DH uploaded our proof of vax well in advance.

Once we reached the port they sprayed our bags snd sent us to a tent where we were had to fill in health forms and were tested ….antigen.

Each morning our temperatures were taken with the information going directly to their computer.

Midway through the cruise we were tested using antigen again.

There was an optional antigen at the end of the cruise. Being Canadian we required a PCR test which they arranged and charged us for it.

We were very pleased with their Covid protocols

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They tested us in July at the port in Athens as well. But when I cruised last month out of Seattle, they did not do any pre-cruise testing..........I wonder if it varies from location to location.

I was sent an email from Silversea with a link to upload our vaccination proof.  They tested us in Quito with a rapid test prior to flying to the Galapagos.  post cruise, they tested again in Guayaquil before flights back to the US. 

Due to reports of waning effectiveness of covid shots, are they now asking  for covid shot proof to be limited  to a certain time period before the start of the cruise - like within 6 months prior to a departure?

Are they also asking for proof of  booster shots for those who inoculated more than 6 months prior to departure?

2 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Due to reports of waning effectiveness of covid shots, are they now asking  for covid shot proof to be limited  to a certain time period before the start of the cruise - like within 6 months prior to a departure?

I have not heard of any cruise line doing that yet. Nor other facilities/venues which require proof of vaccination. With booster shots not yet available in many countries, or only select groups of people, I think any such requirements are likely still in the future. If you're not cruising until next spring or summer, who knows? I doubt the cruise lines know this far in advance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emdee said:

We were on Silver moon last month. I know my DH uploaded our proof of vax well in advance.

Once we reached the port they sprayed our bags snd sent us to a tent where we were had to fill in health forms and were tested ….antigen.

Each morning our temperatures were taken with the information going directly to their computer.

Midway through the cruise we were tested using antigen again.

There was an optional antigen at the end of the cruise. Being Canadian we required a PCR test which they arranged and charged us for it.

We were very pleased with their Covid protocols

Very interested to know if your PCR test was done on ship or shore?

I was recently on the Muse in Alaska and was told that although they had a PCR machine on board, the results couldn’t be used for travel as it wasn’t a licensed laboratory.  This meant me staying in Seattle for several days post cruise because I needed the result before I could apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorisation - not even being able to take the test before disembarkation is very time wasting.

2 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Very interested to know if your PCR test was done on ship or shore?

I was recently on the Muse in Alaska and was told that although they had a PCR machine on board, the results couldn’t be used for travel as it wasn’t a licensed laboratory.  This meant me staying in Seattle for several days post cruise because I needed the result before I could apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorisation - not even being able to take the test before disembarkation is very time wasting.

The doctor came to the terminal on shore and all the Canadian passengers had their PCR test done, results came in that night. We were charged $120USD each for the test.

Thanks for the reply!

On the Muse there were few Canadians and I believe they had to make their own arrangements, probably tested at SEA - you only need the result to get on the plane?

Unfortunately I need the result to then start a process that takes a couple of days - joys of small island living. 
So whether SS arranges the test or I do, it’s still done on disembarkation day (I think that’s what you mean?) so until things change, I’m stuck staying a few extra days somewhere after disembarkation before I can fly home. At least I now know that and will just have to figure out how to make the most of it - not gonna stop cruising!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Thanks for the reply!

On the Muse there were few Canadians and I believe they had to make their own arrangements, probably tested at SEA - you only need the result to get on the plane?

Unfortunately I need the result to then start a process that takes a couple of days - joys of small island living. 
So whether SS arranges the test or I do, it’s still done on disembarkation day (I think that’s what you mean?) so until things change, I’m stuck staying a few extra days somewhere after disembarkation before I can fly home. At least I now know that and will just have to figure out how to make the most of it - not gonna stop cruising!

The test was done two days before disembarkation. 

We had this attached to the tickets for next week. Southampton departure.

In order to complete our comprehensive sanitisation procedures and to best prepare for your journey on board, embarkation will start at 2pm and your suite will be ready to welcome you in superlative comfort at 4pm at the latest. Unfortunately, no guest will be allowed to embark before 2pm.
• You can enjoy our onboard public areas from 2pm onwards while your suite is being prepared.
• You will be welcomed in dedicated areas at various locations on the pier, where you will be required to present your
proof of vaccination.
• As a precautionary measure, you will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening, which will include a health
questionnaire, touchless temperature check, and a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test. Only guests who complete the health screening and test negative will be permitted to board our ships. A comfortable waiting area in which you can enjoy complimentary refreshments while awaiting clearance to embark will be available.

2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

We had this attached to the tickets for next week. Southampton departure.

In order to complete our comprehensive sanitisation procedures and to best prepare for your journey on board, embarkation will start at 2pm and your suite will be ready to welcome you in superlative comfort at 4pm at the latest. Unfortunately, no guest will be allowed to embark before 2pm.
• You can enjoy our onboard public areas from 2pm onwards while your suite is being prepared.
• You will be welcomed in dedicated areas at various locations on the pier, where you will be required to present your
proof of vaccination.
• As a precautionary measure, you will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening, which will include a health
questionnaire, touchless temperature check, and a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test. Only guests who complete the health screening and test negative will be permitted to board our ships. A comfortable waiting area in which you can enjoy complimentary refreshments while awaiting clearance to embark will be available.

That matches what we were told for our Athens departure.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:25 AM, Tuscany4 said:

Do you know if we can get a late lunch on embarkation or are the restaurants all closed till evening.?

When I sailed out of Athens they were serving food at the pool and it was near 3:00.

• Like 2

Airline schedule changes now have us arriving in Athens at 10:15 AM.  That seems like a noon arrival at the ship.  If boarding doesn't start until 2 PM, even allowing for testing and waiting for results, is there a facility of sufficient size to hold maybe 250 people comfortably?

30 minutes ago, golfguyhhi said:

Airline schedule changes now have us arriving in Athens at 10:15 AM.  That seems like a noon arrival at the ship.  If boarding doesn't start until 2 PM, even allowing for testing and waiting for results, is there a facility of sufficient size to hold maybe 250 people comfortably?

Hi, if it is the same set up as was in July, yes, there were plenty of seats. It was a tent......a large one.

They had bottled water for anyone who wanted it.  

2 hours ago, golfguyhhi said:

Suggest you arrange with your limo to take you on a quick tour of Athens en route. The tent was only open at 2 pm. 
When  our return flight was delayed our limo driver did just that took the long way to the airport. I believe that there is an airport hotel that he suggested to us but we just checked in early and sat in the lounge.  

The Sofitel at the Athens airport is indeed lovely. DW and I often arrive late by air and overnight there before continuing our travels. 

That said there is so much to see in the Athens area. The incredibly picturesque temple of Poseidon is about 45 minutes from the airport. The same travel time would take you to the archaeological site at Elefsina, home of the Elusinian Mysteries. 

Sorry, pretty far off of the original topic of the thread but had to chime in.