Silversea Covid protocols

bitob

58 minutes ago, Emdee said:

Suggest you arrange with your limo to take you on a quick tour of Athens en route. The tent was only open at 2 pm. 
When  our return flight was delayed our limo driver did just that took the long way to the airport. I believe that there is an airport hotel that he suggested to us but we just checked in early and sat in the lounge.  

The tent opened at 2? Maybe they changed it since I sailed but I recall getting there and lots of folks were already there when I arrived which was around 2........It looked like it had been fully set up and they were allowing alot of people in there.  I imagine the tent itself had been set up long before 2:00.

Hopefully we are boarding the Spirit in a few hours. The information given is that we can board at 2pm so we intend to get there an hour early to allow for testing and check in etc. It also says refreshments available whilst awaiting test results.

For anybody who is arriving in Southampton later this morning it is torrential rain at the moment.👎🏻

Edited by MBP&O2/O
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Hopefully we are boarding the Spirit in a few hours. The information given is that we can board at 2pm so we intend to get there an hour early to allow for testing and check in etc. It also says refreshments available whilst awaiting test results.

For anybody who is arriving in Southampton later this morning it is torrential rain at the moment.👎🏻

Have a great cruise and hope the weather improves!

On 9/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, Tudorcruisers said:

Hi Bitbob , Our TA told us the  proof of vaccination part would open on My silversea just a couple of weeks before sailing.   

That's what we found. We have a November Spirit cruise coming up. I completed the passenger information form on MySilversea over a month ago - before the shutdown. When I went to MySilversea over this weekend I was surprised to see it was now incomplete.

Turns out that they now wanted us to upload our vaccination cards in order to complete the documentation. So I did that, and now the light is green again. 😄

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Sun is now shining 😁 All packed up and now thumb twiddling for a couple of hours …

Hi, I hope you have a wonderful cruise---and may the sun continue to shine down upon everyone😀

I will be sailing on the next cruise so please keep her in good shape for me.👍.

Smooth sailing and Fair seas to you all.

18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Wow , Lois,  you are making up for lost time cruising at present. Good for you.

Are you going to be able to install your baseball cap, do you think?  Or shall I send my grandson over? ☺️

Lola

Hi Lola,🙂...am good with the lavender L😀 

Thanks so much.

• 4 weeks later...

Please can anyone confirm that you only need the vax certificate to say you've had the double vaccination, then only the antigen rapid test at the pier just prior to embarkation?

And that you don't need a negative test done 72 hours or less prior to embarkation?

I'm getting conflicting info on this.

Thanks

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Please can anyone confirm that you only need the vax certificate to say you've had the double vaccination, then only the antigen rapid test at the pier just prior to embarkation?

And that you don't need a negative test done 72 hours or less prior to embarkation?

I'm getting conflicting info on this.

Thanks

Hello, I just sailed on Spirit(sitting at the airport now) you need an Antigen test or a PCR to fly to Europe, each country has different standards. We were tested prior to boarding yes. It was the Antigen test. They do them at the port. I flew to Lisbon and Portugal requires either test so you don't have to do the 72 hour PCR for entry into Portugal. 

I have to say when we landed nobody asked for any health forms at all. Only asked for the Passport.

Now this morning when I checked in at the KLM  counter they wanted to see everything. VAXX card, negative test results (ship did the test before we disembarked) and. Passport.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 11:03 AM, Lois R said:

Hello, I just sailed on Spirit(sitting at the airport now) you need an Antigen test or a PCR to fly to Europe, each country has different standards. We were tested prior to boarding yes. It was the Antigen test. They do them at the port. I flew to Lisbon and Portugal requires either test so you don't have to do the 72 hour PCR for entry into Portugal. 

I have to say when we landed nobody asked for any health forms at all. Only asked for the Passport.

Now this morning when I checked in at the KLM  counter they wanted to see everything. VAXX card, negative test results (ship did the test before we disembarked) and. Passport.

Could you confirm that for entry to the United States a rapid antigen test is ok. It is not necessary to get a PCR test. Thanks for confirmation. 

2 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

Could you confirm that for entry to the United States a rapid antigen test is ok. It is not necessary to get a PCR test. Thanks for confirmation. 

Answers should be here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/covid-19-faqs-for-travel-to-the-us-information.html

Specifically, it states that both PCR and antigen tests qualify.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

Yes. This was fine for us too, last month. We got a rapid antigen test at a pharmacy in Corsica then flew home 2 days later using those results.

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Yes. This was fine for us too, last month. We got a rapid antigen test at a pharmacy in Corsica then flew home 2 days later using those results.

Thank you very much for this confirmation!

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I got the Antigen test on board the ship before flying home last week.  It was 100% acceptable.

OMG....I have been home a week😲

Thank you so much! Are you on board the Whisper departing FLL on December 2? If yes, I will board the Moon the same day!

9 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

Thank you so much! Are you on board the Whisper departing FLL on December 2? If yes, I will board the Moon the same day!

Hi, yes, I am on the Whisper 12/2😀....hope you love the Moon!!!!!!! She is a beauty!

On 10/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, jpalbny said:

May I ask you in which language your test result documentation was written : only French or both French & English? I was wondering whether a document written only in French will be accepted. Thanks.

2 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

May I ask you in which language your test result documentation was written : only French or both French & English? I was wondering whether a document written only in French will be accepted. Thanks.

It was written in both languages. 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:03 PM, SSCAF001 said:

U.S. CDC: Effective November 8, 2021 at 12:01am EST (5:01am GMT), before boarding a flight to the US from a foreign country, all air passengers- 2 years or older – are required to present a negative COVID-19 viral test result, within a time period based on their vaccination status (see table below), or present documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days. Air passengers will also be required to confirm in the form of an attestation that the information they present is true.

You must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered. A viral test conducted for U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) personnel, including DOD contractors, dependents, and other U.S. government employees, and tested by a DOD laboratory located in a foreign country also meets the requirements of the Order.