Victoria Earthquake, anybody feel it?

NSWP

Our house is on a slab so husband said it would move like a boat.   Yes it was moving but the noise was like a loud, small plane, close to the house going over.  Was slightly scary with the house moving and the loud noise but over in seconds.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

We are on the 7th floor in Canberra and yes we certainly felt it. The weirdest sensation of swaying, thought it was me for a moment and I was having an attack of vertigo. 

It mazing. I recollect in August 2007, visiting my son in Lima, Peru. Sitting down having lunch, hear the big rumble , like a squadron of tanks coming up the streets, next thing the seismic wave hit, the wooden block floor rises, I kid you not a foot high, under our feet, house shudders, evacuate out to the park opposite we go, we stay there for 24 hrs due to big after shocks from the big 8 quake south of Lima, killed hundreds of people.

Yes, scary things, lying in bed after the big one with big aftershocks hitting the house, glad to get out of there on an aeroplane to LA and onto ye olde Regal Princess to sail home.  Adventure plus that trip.

Edited by NSWP

I was walking down the road. Loud noise, a bit of shake, and the windows in all the houses giving a good old rattle. People coming out into the street to compare notes.

the first earthquake I experienced was the Meckering one. Centred in wheatbelt about 150 km from Perth. Gave us a real good shake. A public holiday, so people not at work or school. Quite a bit of damage around the place, even some bad cracking in our house.

The next day while at school, there was a strong after shock. Being good, early teenage school boys we took it as an opportunity.  Our desks kept rattling around for about 10 minutes.  The teacher was not amused.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...