December cruise on Allure - final payment and check in

abpplh

Hello all!  We are on the Dec 23rd Allure cruise.  Our final payment was moved to 30 days out - Nov 22nd.  According to the Royal App, check in opens for me November 8th.  I assume I need to be paid in full to check in.  Is my thinking correct?

Thanks in advance!

59 minutes ago, abpplh said:

Hello all!  We are on the Dec 23rd Allure cruise.  Our final payment was moved to 30 days out - Nov 22nd.  According to the Royal App, check in opens for me November 8th.  I assume I need to be paid in full to check in.  Is my thinking correct?

Thanks in advance!

Why was final payment moved?  We are on Jewel December 30th and final is due October 1st.   Would love to hold off.

25 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Why was final payment moved?  We are on Jewel December 30th and final is due October 1st.   Would love to hold off.

@njkruzer Supposedly all Oct - Dec 31 cruises have been moved to 30 days out.

"An email update was sent to travel agents on Wednesday advising them of these changes.

The time needed to make final payment for a cruise has been pushed back, a change the cruise line has not done throughout the global health crisis.

The final payment due date on sailings departing between October 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021, will now have until 30 days prior to sailing to submit full payment."

image.png.dc10850ebd8f8d2165a5ba2aa11fd756.png

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI likes to mess with CC posters.

That doesn't really answer my question.   We had paid for our October Anthem cruises that were then cancelled.   The British didn't seem to have made final payments.   We are still trying to get refunds. 

Ok, now I see.  Will talk to ta, my dil!

Edited by njkruzer
Add info

We're the unlucky ones whose final payments were due 90 days out at the end of Aug (b2b) which we made just before they changed it to 30 days, then were allowed to check in, only to have them take the check in back and move it to Oct.  Those of us who got a 1 pm check in aren't really very happy with having to start over.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, BND said:

We're the unlucky ones whose final payments were due 90 days out at the end of Aug (b2b) which we made just before they changed it to 30 days, then were allowed to check in, only to have them take the check in back and move it to Oct.  Those of us who got a 1 pm check in aren't really very happy with having to start over.

This right here.  I had to make final payment early September for our December sailing.  Had my 1300 check-in and now I have to wait until October.  Getting a little frustrating.  Probably too much to hope our times will carry-over...

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

This right here.  I had to make final payment early September for our December sailing.  Had my 1300 check-in and now I have to wait until October.  Getting a little frustrating.  Probably too much to hope our times will carry-over...

Someone on a RCI FB page posted that when it opened back up, everything would still be there.  Someone asked how they knew that and guess what?  Crickets.  No one knows, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ampurp85 said:

There have been a few people I knew who check-in closed and reopened later. Their time and information was still there. One lady was able to update her check-in as she had 2:30 and wanted noon.

Interesting, I hope that is the case.  I'll find out next month I guess.

We are on Nov 8th for Allure.  Our check in open a while back and we did 12:00 arrival. Then the check in disappeared.  It reopened today, and everything we had entered prior was still there, along with our noon check in.  I initially thought it may now require the vaccination card to be uploaded, but that part is not there yet.  I am guessing it may come in once the protocols are released in a couple weeks.

But for us, I can confirm everything stayed the same with our check-in once it reopened.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, #1packerfan said:

We are on Nov 8th for Allure.  Our check in open a while back and we did 12:00 arrival. Then the check in disappeared.  It reopened today, and everything we had entered prior was still there, along with our noon check in.  I initially thought it may now require the vaccination card to be uploaded, but that part is not there yet.  I am guessing it may come in once the protocols are released in a couple weeks.

But for us, I can confirm everything stayed the same with our check-in once it reopened.

I think the vaccine card addition may be part of the health check that is required to be done the day before (I think it's the day before).