CARNIVAL CANCELED ME !!!

rjrice1

18 minutes ago, Babr said:

It is a bad situation. Apparently, the OP never updated their record to reflect that her husband no longer used oxygen, and Carnival acted on that because it was the  only information they had.They probably cancelled hundreds of bookings that did not comply with the CDC/CSO ruling during the time period it is scheduled to be in effect.

Seems like the only option now is to figure out how to correct the record and book again.

If I knew how to change what carnival has on my file I would. I dont have access. They still have me marked as hc because of my sister. I don't think it's as easy to change past history records as you say. 

On 9/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, rjrice1 said:

Just received a call from Carnival that they will be canceling our cruise for Super Bowl Sunday 

Why??  My husband was using oxygen but no longer .  Was told that it will not come off unless we canceled and rebook 

Informed us nobody is allowed on any ships through March per their policy 

Was told this is for all ships!!  This is for Covid too.  We are all Covid vaccinated and booster 

Very unhappy !! was so looking forward to cruising 

Since we used a lot of Carnival Gift Cards, we really had no choice and will have to re book by Dec 2021

and book by Sept 2023 

I'd strongly recommend reaching out to John Heald on Facebook. He is the Carnival brand ambassador. He might be able to help.

Carnival is full of it. I was on Mardi Gras a few weeks ago and saw a man in the booth next to us at Chibang wearing a portable oxygen machine and nasal cannula. There was also a severely handicapped person in a giant motorized wheelchair on oxygen as well. I don’t know how they managed to get on board when some people can’t even get a waiver for their grandma who can’t get the shot.  

• Thanks 1

How about trying to get the oxygen note on your file by contacting the "guest access" department.. looks like that is the new name for "special needs" department.

From Carnival Website:

If you require additional information or need assistance to ensure you have the best accommodations for your needs, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744, ext. 70025 or 1800 072 670 ext. 70025 if calling from Australia. You may also email us at access@carnival.com.

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think their cruise that was cancelled was like next feb, surely enough time.

So what is the op to do, they paid with carnival gift cards so cant just request cash back. They are stuck with gift cards that seem now like a problem. 

Not only Carnival Gift Cards;  previous future cruise credits,  VISA gift cards gifted to me and $600 OBC, $200 for rebooking, $100 OBC for Share holder, and $100.00 bar credit for Carnival CC so as you mentioned I have a lot to lose.   

We booked through Carnival as well,  Carnival needs to ask guest "are you still using oxygen or no 02 bookings till they are 100% guest are allowed to cruise

Booked this when they said it was a go to cruise.. One just keep changing the rules as they go

Thankfully we did not have a fight, hotels, and extra

Too think I am so sure we aren't the only one or Carnival is the only line 

My sister has a handicap grandchild 5ys old and RCCL canceled his since he is not able to wear a mask 

On 9/24/2021 at 8:00 PM, BlerkOne said:

The point is he used oxygen. Even if he isn't currently using, if he used before, he might need again in the future. The ships reserve their oxygen supplies for covid patients and emergencies.

My husband has a portable one and only used it a night if he was short of breath or his oxygen level was under 93% (100% is the highest)  never wore it on the ship except in his room for an hour or so to re catch his breath  and it runs by a battery pack and recharge by electricity)

13 hours ago, Babr said:

It is a bad situation. Apparently, the OP never updated their record to reflect that her husband no longer used oxygen, and Carnival acted on that because it was the  only information they had.They probably cancelled hundreds of bookings that did not comply with the CDC/CSO ruling during the time period it is scheduled to be in effect.

Seems like the only option now is to figure out how to correct the record and book again.

Carnival refused to update my husband records;  (our first cruise was canceled Feb 2021 related to covid)  when we rebook that is when we can do it;  I told her to cancel it then rebook it.  Told you are on a recorded line and this future cruise credit is linked to this one.  WTH!!  So next time we book (have no choice way too much $$$ to lose) will make sure to say "take oxygen off" and to ask we are on a recording line so repeat back to me you will take that off his profile !!

And I will asked to speak to "Renee"  who was the person who called me

Edited by rjrice1

4 hours ago, zeroed said:

Carnival is full of it. I was on Mardi Gras a few weeks ago and saw a man in the booth next to us at Chibang wearing a portable oxygen machine and nasal cannula. There was also a severely handicapped person in a giant motorized wheelchair on oxygen as well. I don’t know how they managed to get on board when some people can’t even get a waiver for their grandma who can’t get the shot.  

Actually it can be discrimination too.  Some people can not get a vaccine related to their health lupus is one of many.  Some people may be their last wish to cruise and now on oxygen and can't it is being handle as "we can extended the date as we go"

3 hours ago, Bevv said:

How about trying to get the oxygen note on your file by contacting the "guest access" department.. looks like that is the new name for "special needs" department.

From Carnival Website:

If you require additional information or need assistance to ensure you have the best accommodations for your needs, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744, ext. 70025 or 1800 072 670 ext. 70025 if calling from Australia. You may also email us at access@carnival.com.

This is who called us.  Her name was Renee and she was rude as can be!!! 

Called me on Thursday late afternoon.  Gave me until Monday to make up  When you book again you must tell them at that time to take it off. 

Called me on Thursday afternoon giving me till Monday 5pm to make a decision to cancel or rebook

That is only 2 business days.. And the 2 busiest days too.  She replied back no its 4 day.. idiot they are close on the weekend.  

49 minutes ago, rjrice1 said:

Actually it can be discrimination too.  Some people can not get a vaccine related to their health lupus is one of many.  Some people may be their last wish to cruise and now on oxygen and can't it is being handle as "we can extended the date as we go"

Carnival has a process for those who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons to go through to apply for an exemption.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival has a process for those who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons to go through to apply for an exemption.

Many times I tried  calling  Carnival I would get a recording we have an extreme wait time please call back later and you will be disconnected.  Then  if you do get thought you are  put on hold it can be hours and many guest can not or are not able to do that as they may be at work.  (Like me I am a nurse and there is no way I can sit on the phone for hours while working)

To speak to someone; and feel like you they did not assist you, they will NOT contact you to a supervisor,  nobody will I tried 3x with  3 different reps.  That was just to take the oxygen off my husbands profile.  

I do honestly think they are over loaded, short of help

With that being said Carnival needs to make set rules and regulation and not a day by day rules.

People have to plan for their cruises, flights, time off from work, hotel, trip insurance and more just to be told too bad so sad !

1 hour ago, rjrice1 said:

With that being said Carnival needs to make set rules and regulation and not a day by day rules.

People have to plan for their cruises, flights, time off from work, hotel, trip insurance and more just to be told too bad so sad !

Things are fluid because of Covid and policies have and will continue to change on a dime.  Many on here have had cruises cancelled and have had to cancel flights, hotels, parking at home airport, shuttles to cruise port, etc.  It is the price we have to pay if we wish to play the game.  Learned a long time ago that we don't make the rules, we only play the game.

29 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Things are fluid because of Covid and policies have and will continue to change on a dime.  Many on here have had cruises cancelled and have had to cancel flights, hotels, parking at home airport, shuttles to cruise port, etc.  It is the price we have to pay if we wish to play the game.  Learned a long time ago that we don't make the rules, we only play the game.

However Carnival should step up to the plate and give them them the option full refund or FCC

They are playing Russian Roulette with their guest .  Airlines are not going to say "we sorry you got canceled  We do not benefit from being canceled at the drop of a "dime!"  

Don't know about anyone else but I work too dam hard to give my money away!

1 minute ago, rjrice1 said:

However Carnival should step up to the plate and give them them the option full refund or FCC

They are playing Russian Roulette with their guest .  Airlines are not going to say "we sorry you got canceled  We do not benefit from being canceled at the drop of a "dime!"  

Don't know about anyone else but I work too dam hard to give my money away!

I have had 4 cruises cancelled since Covid started and I took 2 refunds and 2 FCC's @ 125%.  Luckily American has been issuing credits and I lucked out with a Priceline hotel reservation that the general manager of the hotel agreed to switch with no penalty.

There are no rules with covid, it doesn't care who you are or what you need to do, it is making the rules right now.  Maybe cruising isn't the right vacation for many right now, its a day by day thing it seems and everyone cannot be accommodated. 

There is no COVID manual of rules when half of the country doesn't agree with what has been put out there anyway so we will never have close to 100%.  This is what we have right now, like it or not, so we will need to work around things for a while longer.    

Edited by Drazil65

28 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I have had 4 cruises cancelled since Covid started and I took 2 refunds and 2 FCC's @ 125%.  Luckily American has been issuing credits and I lucked out with a Priceline hotel reservation that the general manager of the hotel agreed to switch with no penalty.

That's great;  cudo's to them.  Some hotels, car rentals, and airlines aren't as kind

We had 3 cruise's canceled.  Traveled to Aruba Sept 2021 and all they required was a negative covid test with 72 hours; and covid insurance from them $50 per trip  Very safe and extremely best vacation ever 

On 9/23/2021 at 7:23 PM, sanmarcosman said:

The CDC Director has not signed off on approval of the booster but is expected to. How were you able to get the booster? Were you in a medical study or similar?

Immunocompromised people have already gotten a booster. I know 2 people in their 30s who’ve gotten theirs. And the CDC recently recommended healthcare workers get a booster too. I know several nurses who have theirs scheduled & as soon as my hospital offers it, I’ll be getting mine. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Snookie415 said:

Immunocompromised people have already gotten a booster. I know 2 people in their 30s who’ve gotten theirs. And the CDC recently recommended healthcare workers get a booster too. I know several nurses who have theirs scheduled & as soon as my hospital offers it, I’ll be getting mine. 

Yes, that's what 19 other persons before you have told me 😉