CARNIVAL CANCELED ME !!!

rjrice1

John Heald went over all of this long before a ship sailed.  And if you have a cruise scheduled why are you not paying attention to what the website has to say!

Everything is clearly stated.  You need to take responsibility.

You should be an informed traveler.

• Like 5

AND; If you are known to use a CPAP and do not have it with you - you can be denied boarding. 

There was one video (by the Port Shuttle driver) relating the story of a denied boarding of a person who did not bring their (apparently seldom/intermittently used) CPAP machine.

They "think" Carnival knew she used a CPAP as they had requested water for the CPAP.  This is for cruises over 4 days.

5 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

AND; If you are known to use a CPAP and do not have it with you - you can be denied boarding. 

There was one video (by the Port Shuttle driver) relating the story of a denied boarding of a person who did not bring their (apparently seldom/intermittently used) CPAP machine.

They "think" Carnival knew she used a CPAP as they had requested water for the CPAP.  This is for cruises over 4 days.

Wow.  If that is true, I think it is going to far.  Are they going to start checking to make sure that everyone brings an ample supply of all of their prescription medications too?  

CC Article/discussion is located here: - 

Did not want to re-open at the CPAP discussion here - other than to let people know - there are other breathing issues that the cruise lines (more than just Carnival) may consider. 

Sort of makes sense: given the way COVID attacks the lungs  - and the limited resources in the medical department for treating patients.

If interested - you may want to follow that CC discussion directly.

14 hours ago, rjrice1 said:

I am a nurse who works home health and exposed to Covid daily; also work a major hospital covid unit 

my son got the booster as well and he still got Covid; with very mild symptoms mainly loss of taste and smell and allergy like symptoms 

Did the OP's son COVID dx have anything to do with Carnival's decision?  Or the OPs employment in a COVID environment? 

Just asking....perhaps it was revealed in a health questionaire?

CDC Director over ruled Advisory Council and Boosters are approved for over 65 and front line workers.

But unless the CDC comes out and says for cruising if you've had a booster there's no need for a pre-cruise test, you still need to get tested.  And it's up to the cruise lines regarding oxygen and dialysis.  Use of oxygen and dialysis can mean you are more at risk to getting COVID even after being vaxxed.

17 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

CDC Director over ruled Advisory Council and Boosters are approved for over 65 and front line workers.

In this case the CDC just makes recommendations, approval is actually from FDA. The advisory council suggested over 65, long term health residents, and 50-64 with underlying health issues, and 18-49 with underlying issues depending on perceived benefit.  CDC just added 18-64 who work in high risk workplace or institutional setting.

The patient in the video at the 10:45 mark isn't merely wearing a nasal oxygen tube. That's a large 3 hose pressure mask they have on at the dinner table. Anyone with eyes can see. The staff in the dining area should have contacted the ship's Medical Center to report the situation for investigation in the interest of safety and public health. 

1 hour ago, RGEDad said:

CC Article/discussion is located here: - 

Did not want to re-open at the CPAP discussion here - other than to let people know - there are other breathing issues that the cruise lines (more than just Carnival) may consider. 

Sort of makes sense: given the way COVID attacks the lungs  - and the limited resources in the medical department for treating patients.

If interested - you may want to follow that CC discussion directly.

The Galveston CPAP issue was in regards to a BiPAP which does use a separate oxygen intake, not the typical CPAPs that draw in surrounding air.  

14 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

The Galveston CPAP issue was in regards to a BiPAP which does use a separate oxygen intake, not the typical CPAPs that draw in surrounding air.  

You can use oxygen with both a CPAP or BiPAP.  Either can also be used without oxygen.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AHS123 said:

The patient in the video at the 10:45 mark isn't merely wearing a nasal oxygen tube. That's a large 3 hose pressure mask they have on at the dinner table. Anyone with eyes can see. The staff in the dining area should have contacted the ship's Medical Center to report the situation for investigation in the interest of safety and public health. 

Fully agree.  Why should someone slip through the cracks and be able to sail blatantly going against the rules.  They obviously had a blind eye towards her on embarkation day.  Makes zero sense to institute a policy and then not enforce it.

15 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Fully agree.  Why should someone slip through the cracks and be able to sail blatantly going against the rules.  They obviously had a blind eye towards her on embarkation day.  Makes zero sense to institute a policy and then not enforce it.

We had a guy on vista last week I guess got cancelled. He  checked the box saying he had a cough that he told us was a chronic cough from being a ex smoker. He couldnt finish the health questionnaire and got a message to call and reschedule. Cancelled. 

Be careful what you say to carnival. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evandbob said:

Did the OP's son COVID dx have anything to do with Carnival's decision?  Or the OPs employment in a COVID environment? 

Just asking....perhaps it was revealed in a health questionaire?

We haven't even filled out the health questionaire yet?  Too early to do so.  

It was my husband used 02 before Covid and since 2020 he has not used it.  Was still on 

his profile ..  

I  called Carnival and asked to speak to a supervisor and was told NO ... since his previous medical history says he had oxygen you can't take it off.   Offer to get a doctor to fax a letter as well .  Was told NO .. I did say well then i will just rebook this one .  Rene told me "you are on a recorded line"  WTH?

I told her yes, we are and you are refusing me to speak to a supervisor.

Anyways I honestly think Carnival is wrong.  If it wasn't for all the Carnival Gift Cards,  I wouldn't even cruise with them but way too much $$$ to lose 

This policy goes through March 2022 and will be re evaluated in March.. so it can mean others will be in the same situation.  

Edited by rjrice1
  • Like 1

We called to clarify my granddaughter's status as she turns 12 Nov 9 and the cruise was Nov 21,2021.  She does not have time to get both shots only one. We did not hear anything for about a week so we went online and discovered our cruise was not there. Of course we called and we informed it was cancelled. No notice about it being cancelled or info about a refund or other choice offered. We called 2 more times and they [the person who answered the phone] still don't know if we lost money or not and I am getting nowhere with Carnival. It has been 3 weeks and we still no info or notice from Carnival.

9 minutes ago, 5xGrandma said:

We called to clarify my granddaughter's status as she turns 12 Nov 9 and the cruise was Nov 21,2021.  She does not have time to get both shots only one. We did not hear anything for about a week so we went online and discovered our cruise was not there. Of course we called and we informed it was cancelled. No notice about it being cancelled or info about a refund or other choice offered. We called 2 more times and they [the person who answered the phone] still don't know if we lost money or not and I am getting nowhere with Carnival. It has been 3 weeks and we still no info or notice from Carnival.

Another happy carnival customer.

I've tried to call and only get transferred. 

I had a price drop I finally put in for via the form. I had 50 deposit, new rate required 75, and I was right there when it went thru, no chance to pay the extra 25, cancelled. My breeze is a new booking number due to automation. Couldnt reach anyone for a day... they act like their customer service is on the verge of collapsing. 

Imo you have to call and call back if that doesnt work until this is resolved. Have to reach a live person... sorry this happened but keep calling no matter if it takes 3 hours on hold. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 6:04 PM, firefly333 said:

There must have been some record in their system your husband used oxygen. It's been posted many times no one on oxygen can board. 

Is there is a way to purge the record and remove that your husband used oxygen. It needs to be removed in order for you to cruise. Call customer care or escalate this.

No you must rebook a different cruise to take it off.. 

8 hours ago, BossyKat said:

John Heald went over all of this long before a ship sailed.  And if you have a cruise scheduled why are you not paying attention to what the website has to say!

Everything is clearly stated.  You need to take responsibility.

You should be an informed traveler.

We booked through Carnival and never asked about the oxygen ; at first it was just through the end of 2021; we were schedule for Feb. 2022  they then extended it through March 2022 and can extend it again.

Carnival should take RESPONSIBILTY  and not wait until the final payment is almost due

with this being said,  many other guest will and can be affected leading to canceling flights; hotels and etc.

Someone who needs oxygen is supposed to notify Carnival in advance. It comes under special needs and/or disabilities. It is not Carnival's responsibility.

It is in writing:

GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES

If I require oxygen and/or dialysis during my cruise, may I still travel?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept guests who use oxygen or dialysis at this time. This includes guests who use oxygen concentrators. Our medical experts have determined, that for the guest’s own safety, this is the right decision.

We’ve had to make some difficult decisions based on general public health guidelines and the overall health and safety of our guests. We remain optimistic that our approach on future sailings will become more flexible.

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Someone who needs oxygen is supposed to notify Carnival in advance. It comes under special needs and/or disabilities. It is not Carnival's responsibility.

It is in writing:

GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES

If I require oxygen and/or dialysis during my cruise, may I still travel?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept guests who use oxygen or dialysis at this time. This includes guests who use oxygen concentrators. Our medical experts have determined, that for the guest’s own safety, this is the right decision.

We’ve had to make some difficult decisions based on general public health guidelines and the overall health and safety of our guests. We remain optimistic that our approach on future sailings will become more flexible.

You missed the point. The op husband used to use it. He no longer uses it. It was in his record history and so they got cancelled.

He is NO LONGER ON OXYGEN. 

OP needs to know how to remove it from their history so they arent cancelled again. Cant go to another line as she paid in carnival gift cards. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5xGrandma said:

Did you book your cruise with Carnival directly? Or with a 3rd party such as a travel agent?

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

This ^ Even a blind eye ( maybe two ) couldn't miss this octopus of oxygen tubes during the multiple Covid check in steps before guests get through security. Even if they weren't wearing it at check in they sure are wearing it in the dining room during dinner. Someone on the ship's staff should have looked into this situation. As someone else said the public's health is the issue.

Edited by sanmarcosman