CARNIVAL CANCELED ME !!!

rjrice1

Just received a call from Carnival that they will be canceling our cruise for Super Bowl Sunday 

Why??  My husband was using oxygen but no longer .  Was told that it will not come off unless we canceled and rebook 

Informed us nobody is allowed on any ships through March per their policy 

Was told this is for all ships!!  This is for Covid too.  We are all Covid vaccinated and booster 

Very unhappy !! was so looking forward to cruising 

Since we used a lot of Carnival Gift Cards, we really had no choice and will have to re book by Dec 2021

and book by Sept 2023 

7 minutes ago, rjrice1 said:

Just received a call from Carnival that they will be canceling our cruise for Super Bowl Sunday 

Why??  My husband was using oxygen but no longer .  Was told that it will not come off unless we canceled and rebook 

Was told this is for all ships!!  This is for Covid too.  We are all Covid vaccinated and booster 

Since we used a lot of Carnival Gift Cards, we really had no choice and will have to re book by Dec 2021

and book by Sept 2023 

Bad decision by Carnival. Very impersonal. All the best!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, rjrice1 said:

and book by Sept 2023 

There must have been some record in their system your husband used oxygen. It's been posted many times no one on oxygen can board. 

Is there is a way to purge the record and remove that your husband used oxygen. It needs to be removed in order for you to cruise. Call customer care or escalate this.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

This is the way.

Going to wait a few days, as I must book with my old booking number (we had loads of OBC too)

I was so ticked off told the girl I was going to do it too.  She told me you know you are on 

a recorded line.  Yes I know that so be careful how you talk to me too 

As for seeing no oxygen for cruising I never noticed a topic on it  

12 minutes ago, rjrice1 said:

Going to wait a few days, as I must book with my old booking number (we had loads of OBC too)

I was so ticked off told the girl I was going to do it too.  She told me you know you are on 

a recorded line.  Yes I know that so be careful how you talk to me too 

As for seeing no oxygen for cruising I never noticed a topic on it  

I dont remember where the covid protocols are, cant find them, but they state no one on dialysis pr oxygen can cruise at this time. So you need to purge that from your record. 

It does say it in the protocols. On carnival site .. wherever the rules are.

I googled it, here is the pts guy. But it's on carnival protocols.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cruise-lines-ban-oxygen-dialysis/

20210923_181423514.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

Just now, sanmarcosman said:

The CDC Director has not signed off on approval of the booster but is expected to. How were you able to get the booster? Were you in a medical study or similar?

I know lots of people who just went to Walgreens and had no trouble getting the booster. Every one off them said np, easy. Of course they are over age 65. 

Those telling op to just rebook, again they need to get it out of their history about the oxygen or will be cancelled again. It's not allowed on carnival. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I know lots of people who just went to Walgreens and had no trouble getting the booster. Every one off them said np, easy. Of course they are over age 65. 

You're saying they could walk in and receive a 3rd dose of the Pfizer vaccine for the asking? Wow.

15 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

The CDC Director has not signed off on approval of the booster but is expected to. How were you able to get the booster? Were you in a medical study or similar?

pfizer boosters were approved several weeks ago for people with compromised immunity issues.  Many places that give boosters do not ask why you are there to get it. 

38 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I am a nurse who works home health and exposed to Covid daily; also work a major hospital covid unit 

my son got the booster as well and he still got Covid; with very mild symptoms mainly loss of taste and smell and allergy like symptoms 

• Like 1

My immunocompromised twenty-something daughter went to Walgreens for her third shot when they first came available. They were carefully questioning everyone asking for a third shot since so many were trying to game the system prior to approval. The Walgreens in my area obviously do care.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Those telling op to just rebook, again they need to get it out of their history about the oxygen or will be cancelled again. It's not allowed on carnival. 

Didn't the OP state that the Carnival rep they spoke too advise them to cancel and rebook to get the oxygen issue to drop off?

7 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

My wife got the booster yesterday. T1D puts you in the high risk category. They knew it was going to be approved yesterday, but it was timing. Once it was official she was able to take it around 6PM.

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Didn't the OP state that the Carnival rep they spoke too advise them to cancel and rebook to get the oxygen issue to drop off?

I'm curious how this information is on their booking that it will not remain if cancelled and rebooked.

It's too early for them to have filled out the health questionnaire.  I guess I'd worry but dont see a choice but to rebook. Too many times agents are wrong. Hope they can get all their obc back on. 

• Like 1

Here is a link to a video that was posted by a family that was on the Mardi Gras.  At about the 1045 mark and later in the video, you can clearly see that the grandmother is in a motorized wheelchair and is obviously on oxygen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJk89ieh5DQ

There are six other videos from that sailing that were posted and you see her again in a few of them.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here is a link to a video that was posted by a family that was on the Mardi Gras.  At about the 1045 mark and later in the video, you can clearly see that the grandmother is in a motorized wheelchair and is obviously on oxygen.

There are six other videos from that sailing that were posted and you see her again in a few of them.

Love how people think the rules don't apply to them. Wish they found out after the headed out and then had her removed at her expense by helicopter. This is the problem in our country. People think they are above the rules and regulations. You're darn sure they would have filled a lawsuit if DB granny died on the cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

6 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Love how people think the rules don't apply to them. Wish they found out after the headed out and then had her removed at her expense by helicopter. This is the problem in our country. People think they are above the rules and regulations. You're darn sure they would have filled a lawsuit if DB granny died on the cruise.

That video may have been taken before Carnival made the ruling that you couldn't cruise if you were on oxygen.  I don't recall exactly when they made that decision but I know it was after cruising started back up.

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

That video may have been taken before Carnival made the ruling that you couldn't cruise if you were on oxygen.  I don't recall exactly when they made that decision but I know it was after cruising started back up.

No, we were told no O2 before the Mardi Gras inaugural sailing on July 31st.

• Like 1