Live from Horizon. Take 2

jimbo5544

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It appears that you belong to the only glass of wine at the table 🙂

Tom

The couple across frm mw taking the picture, one of them Drank wine with me.   The other came well primed from Alchemy.   

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

That 1 person in the Havana pool will be me in a couple of weeks when we arrive at Amber Cove 😊

Are the " hot" tubs warm?

JaniceB, if you're on the 10/16 sailing , my wife and I will be sharing the Havana pool with you in Amber Cove. I see no reason to go ashore there

• Like 2

Jimbo! @jimbo5544Hope to hear more about your special guest. Was he in the same room as you to keep the spend down? Or did he get his own place, and if so, did you stick close together or spread out? During the cruise, same question? Did y'all pal around for the most part or just check in periodically? Could you 'splain to me why your balcony cabin is not configured like a balcony cabin at all. . . and some hints about the dollar differential for that? (I know it's probably not good). (Kmom = Cheapo)

I know you are a HMC expert. . . we are going for the first time on our Christmas cruise on the Legend and I did get us a cabana. My mom is ambulatory but not by much. I understand a golf cart will bring you over from the tender dock if requested and once she gets situated she'll mostly stay put until time to shuttle back onboard. I also will hit up shore excursions as soon as we board and try to get one of the accessibles, but  we can work around (with some difficulty) if we end up with a regular one. Can you tell me if restrooms are near the cabanas? Having to trudge a long distance in case of a plumbing emergency will be an issue and that location might be more important than a fully accessible cabana.

After first stating she "really didn't care about another tropical beach," after I showed her what I'd already booked and paid for this is obviously going to be one of the major highlights for her.  We are at the point where I assume every vacation she assents to will be her last, because the value ratio of effort to enjoyment is close to critical mass for her so would like to do all I can to make it a wonderful day for her.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Jimbo! @jimbo5544Hope to hear more about your special guest. Was he in the same room as you to keep the spend down? Or did he get his own place, and if so, did you stick close together or spread out? During the cruise, same question? Did y'all pal around for the most part or just check in periodically? Could you 'splain to me why your balcony cabin is not configured like a balcony cabin at all. . . and some hints about the dollar differential for that? (I know it's probably not good). (Kmom = Cheapo)

I know you are a HMC expert. . . we are going for the first time on our Christmas cruise on the Legend and I did get us a cabana. My mom is ambulatory but not by much. I understand a golf cart will bring you over from the tender dock if requested and once she gets situated she'll mostly stay put until time to shuttle back onboard. I also will hit up shore excursions as soon as we board and try to get one of the accessibles, but  we can work around (with some difficulty) if we end up with a regular one. Can you tell me if restrooms are near the cabanas? Having to trudge a long distance in case of a plumbing emergency will be an issue and that location might be more important than a fully accessible cabana.

After first stating she "really didn't care about another tropical beach," after I showed her what I'd already booked and paid for this is obviously going to be one of the major highlights for her.  We are at the point where I assume every vacation she assents to will be her last, because the value ratio of effort to enjoyment is close to critical mass for her so would like to do all I can to make it a wonderful day for her.

More coming, just walked in the door.  For some reason I was blocked from CC since yesterday afternoon on the ship.  Will post the last day and respond to your questions and then summarize tonight.

• Like 2

So, in the afternoon Sam decided he wanted to either do the skyride or one of the water slides.  After checking out the stairs for the slides, we decided on the skyride. 🥴  We headed over and he took a look and said let’s do it.  He read the sign.

375AEF9C-B75C-4492-8D32-0C4B8FF6C6C2.jpeg

• Like 2