Pinnacle status just achieved, any secrets I should know???

Yea, be nice to people who are not your status.  We have had a little trouble with Pinnacles going into suite lounge with granddaughter who started at 9 and is now 14 but acts like a lady.  Congratulations on achieving that level.  We just turned D on our last cruise before shutdown in 2019 so are looking forward to our Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem.  We love the suite lounge on Anthem and are looking forward to seeing who will be there.

We just got off the Odyssey and probably had in the neighborhood of 100 Pins on board. NONE were disrespectful, arrogant, indignant or any other description one could hurl their way. In fact one let my wife and I ahead of him as we came up to the entrance to CK (oh this is a fantastic venue by the way). In case some have never put in perspective what it take to get there it would take 100 cruises of 7 nights or longer. 

And I am happy no Pin hater has showed up!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

We just got off the Odyssey and probably had in the neighborhood of 100 Pins on board. NONE were disrespectful, arrogant, indignant or any other description one could hurl their way. In fact one let my wife and I ahead of him as we came up to the entrance to CK (oh this is a fantastic venue by the way). In case some have never put in perspective what it take to get there it would take 100 cruises of 7 nights or longer. 

Or 50 in a suite.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Very nicely stated!  Thank you!  🙂 People are people...no matter what level C&A they are.   

Nice people at Gold...nice people at Pinnie.   

Rude arrogant people at Pinnie...were already like that at Gold. 😉 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BND said:

2K?   As in 21 years ago?

Yes, when we started cruising with RC in 90' we immediately signed up for C&A and were gold. Then when they changed over to a new system somewhere around 2K the way points were counted changed also. We then had to show evidence of cruises with them prior to the change. We did this and they in turn awarded us with 14 extra points.

Just to illustrate the importance to loyalty RC has always shown its repeat cruisers a quick story. We were boarding sometime in the late 90's and an attentive worker (who worked for the port authority I assume) saw our platinum card that DW was holding up next to our passports. She turned and called over RC supervisor who immediately walked us to the front of the line to board. Lots of stares we got. LOL If I had to do it over again I would have said we can get in line like everyone else, but it sure felt good to feel welcomed back.

10 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Yes, when we started cruising with RC in 90' we immediately signed up for C&A and were gold. Then when they changed over to a new system somewhere around 2K the way points were counted changed also. We then had to show evidence of cruises with them prior to the change. We did this and they in turn awarded us with 14 extra points.

Just to illustrate the importance to loyalty RC has always shown its repeat cruisers a quick story. We were boarding sometime in the late 90's and an attentive worker (who worked for the port authority I assume) saw our platinum card that DW was holding up next to our passports. She turned and called over RC supervisor who immediately walked us to the front of the line to board. Lots of stares we got. LOL If I had to do it over again I would have said we can get in line like everyone else, but it sure felt good to feel welcomed back.

When they changed the way they do points about 10 years ago, it wasn't 2000, it was 2011 and they added Emerald then.  They used a formula to calculate the new point count.  Prior to about mid 2011, you got one point for a 9 nights or less (pretty sure it was up to 9 based on the points we got on our 9 night that year).  in a balcony or lower, 2 points for JS and above and an additional point for longer cruises.  After that they converted it to one point per night, two for JS and above.  We actually missed hitting Diamond by one cruise when they recalculated and added Emerald.  We've had priority boarding for a long time, but  now they won't pull you out of line and put you at the front anymore.  Too many people have "status".   

2 minutes ago, BND said:

When they changed the way they do points about 10 years ago, it wasn't 2000, it was 2011 and they added Emerald then.  They used a formula to calculate the new point count.  Prior to about mid 2011, you got one point for a 9 nights or less (pretty sure it was up to 9 based on the points we got on our 9 night that year).  in a balcony or lower, 2 points for JS and above and an additional point for longer cruises.  After that they converted it to one point per night, two for JS and above.  We actually missed hitting Diamond by one cruise when they recalculated and added Emerald.  We've had priority boarding for a long time, but  now they won't pull you out of line and put you at the front anymore.  Too many people have "status".   

Thanks I knew they changed but couldn't recall the date. Any way yes when they recalculated we went to Emerald and 2 cruises later to Diamond. Retired now and have taken 2 since the return and have 4 more in the queue. 

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

Yes now, but not sure if it has always been that way prior to the change around 2K.

Pinnacle didn't exist until 2011, when they changed from "cruise credits" to "cruise points."

If you had 100 cruise credits or more at that time, you were Pinnacle.

Pinnacle and Emerald were the new "add on levels", during "the change".   

Before that ....Diamond Plus ruled. 

And rumor had it....Emerald was supposed to be the "unnamed level" at 350 points.   Supposedly someone messed up the signs and put it in the current "whoopy de do do" level that it is.  We actually never made it to that level...skipped right over it on a long sailing, going from Platinum to Diamond...and never got that green glass pin...drats.  😉 

26 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Diamond Plus was added with Emerald and Pinnacle.

Hmmm...guess you are right.  Actually it has been so long ago...I didn't think about that. We had just made it to Diamond at the time.  Thought that was end of the line for us. 

Come to think of it...seems the Diamond plus level really did not have a lot of imagination with RCI creating that name.  Could have been something like...Sapphire?  At least that gem is Royal Carib blue.  😉 😄 

Edited by island lady

35 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Diamond Plus was added with Emerald and Pinnacle.

No, it wasn't.  D+ existed well before the addition of Emerald and Pinnacle in 2011.  For example, D+ is mentioned in this excerpt from a June 2010 press release I have in my files.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 6.00.49 PM.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Anton said:

No, it wasn't.  D+ existed well before the addition of Emerald and Pinnacle in 2011. 

I guess my recollection of the additional statuses is incorrect.

I thought Royal added Emerald, D+, and Pinnacle, Celebrity added Elite + and Zenith, and Azamara added Discoverer + and Discover Platinum.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Anton said:

No, it wasn't.  D+ existed well before the addition of Emerald and Pinnacle in 2011.  For example, D+ is mentioned in this excerpt from a June 2010 press release I have in my files.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 6.00.49 PM.png

Thanks for checking on that.  Thought that was the case...but figured my older brain simply just did not remember it, since I was quickly told I was wrong. 😮   I do remember when I first turned Diamond, one of our cruising buddies liked wearing his D+ pin, and I would tease him that I wanted one of those one day. 

So...yeah, that verifies what I originally thought.  Thanks again for posting this...guess I am not losing my mind after all.  😉 

15 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I guess my recollection of the additional statuses is incorrect.

I thought Royal added Emerald, D+, and Pinnacle, Celebrity added Elite + and Zenith, and Azamara added Discoverer + and Discover Platinum.

Apparently I am not going crazy after all. 😉 

I didn't want to be rude...but all I was aware of .....was the addition of Emerald and Pinnacle during the change.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Apparently I am not going crazy after all. 😉 

I didn't want to be rude...but all I was aware of .....was the addition of Emerald and Pinnacle during the change.  

I guess I'm going crazy.  😁

So, does anybody know if there was Elite + / Discover + before Zenith / Discover Platinum were added? 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, Oneluckywoman said:

We finally made pinnacle and we are very excited to learn what our benefits are. We didn't receive any list yet and I know they are listed on their website, but things seem to have changed lately. I would love to know what your favorite perks are as a pinnacle member! And any secrets you'd like to share or tips. Thanks so much. 

You will receive a letter in the cabin listing all the benefits.  They generally stay the same but can vary slightly  from ship to ship.

We love the Pinnacle breakfast in a specialty restaurant.    Menu is similar to MDR.   Location/service is wonderful.  We also like the internet.  There is a new Pinnacle lounge, but just for evening  cocktails.   We went once on a recent Allure cruise.  For other  services,  Pinnacle  members use the DL (unless, of course, if sailing in a suite).  Limited dinner reservations  in Coastal Kitchen.    We asked one day about breakfast and were denied ( don't  know if this is for Allure, other O Class ships or we just hit a bad day).  A benefit that was changed  is pre covid Pinnacles did not have to make show reservations except for comedy club).  

Most other benefits were  also  available as D+, so no real change. 

Our  recent "cheer with an officer" was a combined Pinnacle and D+ Lunch.  Menu was nice and we sat with lovely passengers.  No one had a badge on  ( Including us) so I have no idea if they were D+ or Pinnacle.  It never came up. 

As for the pin, we wear ours for embarkation and maybe once or twice  around the ship.  It is heavy and doesn't seem to lay properly on many of my tops/dresses.   

No secrets

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

So, does anybody know if there was Elite + / Discover + before Zenith / Discover Platinum were added? 

November 25, 2013 was when Elite Plus and Zenith were added.  https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-release/987/celebrity-cruises-launches-new-captains-club-program/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Our  recent "cheer with an officer" was a combined Pinnacle and D+ Lunch.  Menu was nice and we sat with lovely passengers.  No one had a badge on  ( Including us) so I have no idea if they were D+ or Pinnacle.  It never came up. 

That would be D++  😉

59 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Can't help you there...but I am sure some will chime in for your answer.  We have not had the pleasure of cruising with Celebrity....yet...but will sometime in the future.  🙂 

48 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You will receive a letter in the cabin listing all the benefits.  They generally stay the same but can vary slightly  from ship to ship.

We love the Pinnacle breakfast in a specialty restaurant.    Menu is similar to MDR.   Location/service is wonderful.  We also like the internet.  There is a new Pinnacle lounge, but just for evening  cocktails.   We went once on a recent Allure cruise.  For other  services,  Pinnacle  members use the DL (unless, of course, if sailing in a suite).  Limited dinner reservations  in Coastal Kitchen.    We asked one day about breakfast and were denied ( don't  know if this is for Allure, other O Class ships or we just hit a bad day).  A benefit that was changed  is pre covid Pinnacles did not have to make show reservations except for comedy club).  

Most other benefits were  also  available as D+, so no real change. 

As for the pin, we wear ours for embarkation and maybe once or twice  around the ship.  It is heavy and doesn't seem to lay properly on many of my tops/dresses.   

No secrets

Enjoy

I wonder if the changes will end up being permanent?   

Was kind of hoping the old set up would return with the (hopefully) end of Covid era masks, vaccines, Covid tests...etc.  

Sure would be nice to get back to normal again...in all respects.  🤕