Apex or Reflection

brooker

27 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

we did the Edge transatlantic in an IV cabin, and felt closed in not having the “real” balcony. Did enjoy the four different dining venues, but not the indoor pool area.

I'm curious about what you didn't like about the Solarium on the Edge? It's a large and beautiful space. 

All E-class ships, including the Apex, were designed to focus on the suite guests.  The Retreat, Retreat Deck and all of the nice things that come with a new ship are very nice.  If you are booking a suite go for the Apex.  If you are part of the majority of guests that enjoy a traditional balcony, go for the Reflection.  The IV balconies are a poor excuse for a traditional balcony, in fact MSC has similar cabins on their newest ship and they call them Ocean View rooms.

• Like 2

We almost had the same decision. Only we were looking at Western Caribbean. That said, we will do the Apex in the future we decided on Reflection. Price was much better and with the Pandemic we were not sure if everything would work out  such as ports of call, or what changes would be made to the cruising experience. We did take advantage of the great pricing to up our category.  Just my two cents.

19 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Price it out, you may be surprised, well not Apex, Edge, Beyond those prices right now are all simply ridiculous!  The sale Celebrity is running now is pretty good. Good luck, I see a sunset veranda in your future!!

i will check it out.  Thank you!

15 hours ago, miched said:

For your first cruise on X I would suggest the Reflection in AQ.   AQ may be a little more than CC but worth it as it gives access to the Persian Gardens and dining in Blu.   I am also sure it is cheaper than the Edge

Then when on board book a future cruise on the Edge.  It will give you some extra OBC maybe perks 

This is my opinion and I am sure others will disagree.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for these suggestions.  This is not my first X cruise, probably my tenth.   We made our decision to book Apex for our March cruise.  We are on Summit in November.  We have never booked a future cruise while on a cruise, but its probably something we should consider.  Thanks.  Happy cruisin'!

Land of Ice, Snow and Potholes - i love it and it sounds somewhat familiar - i am from Phila.  

37 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I want to say this. No one, as far as I know, ever called Reflection  a “billion dollar blunder” but that phrase has been used to describe the e-class ships

If they did, they would be incorrect as it did not cost a billion dollars to build. 

On 9/28/2021 at 11:53 AM, Alakegirl said:

I want to say this. No one, as far as I know, ever called Reflection  a “billion dollar blunder” but that phrase has been used to describe the e-class ships

Do you have first hand experience cruising on either of them?  Or do you just like to regurgitate nonsense spewing from someone that is against change?  If someone is against the IV cabins, there are other choices that they may choose from.

Having cruised 35 times over 35 years on 7 different lines, I can inexplicably state that our last cruise which was in an IV cabin on the Edge in January of 2020 was one of our favorite cruises, led by Captain Kate.

• Like 2

I’ll disagree that the Edge Class is designed to focus on the Retreat. It is larger than on the other ships, but having cruised on Edge with a IV SR, I never even noticed the Retreat section and was more than happy with the ship. If you go IV, I’d suggest the bed next to the BR, giving you more room. we love to have people over so the IV is perfect for that. And I enjoy breakfast on a balcony and so on, and found the IV just fine for what I use balcony SRs for. 

The S-Class Reflection is a fine ship. I miss that they cut out a good deal of the forward Sky Observation Lounge, but we did just fine on Her. 

You have great choices, either works.

den

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

I’ll disagree that the Edge Class is designed to focus on the Retreat.

And I agree to you disagreeing!

We‘ve sailed on Edge and Apex and absolutely loved both. Both ships feature so many great things and areas which can be enjoyed by all passengers.

One of the most enjoyable innovations on e class is the 4 different MDRs - so a feature not designed for suite guests since they have Luminae.