Something is going on!

cjpj

Something is going on with two transatlantic cruises in Nov.- Sky and Regal. The Regal has cancelled the cruise falling the transatlantic which is a 3 or 4 day cruise and the Sky has their transatlantic cruise shorted by 2 days. Sounds like something is causing them not to sail for a couple days after the TA. New CDC Rules? Big CDC inspection? Anyone have ideas or even the REAL reason?

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

Something is going on with two transatlantic cruises in Nov.- Sky and Regal. The Regal has cancelled the cruise falling the transatlantic which is a 3 or 4 day cruise and the Sky has their transatlantic cruise shorted by 2 days. Sounds like something is causing them not to sail for a couple days after the TA. New CDC Rules? Big CDC inspection? Anyone have ideas or even the REAL reason?

Well, the CDC said that any cruise ship returning from foreign waters would not be allowed to carry fare paying passengers for 14 days after their return to the US. 

I presume the cancellations are related to this.

3 minutes ago, Billish said:

Well, the CDC said that any cruise ship returning from foreign waters would not be allowed to carry fare paying passengers for 14 days after their return to the US. 

I presume the cancellations are related to this.

They just swapped Grand Cayman for Costa Maya on the Nov 27 Sky Princess sailing - it would be weird for them to swap if they were going to have to cancel the sailing anyway because of the CDC.

(Note: I have a vested interest in them NOT cancelling since I'm on the Nov 20/Nov 27 B2B)

• Like 1

Perhaps the CDC and Coast Guard laid out new requirements that need a couple of days for inspections. Pretty hard to change from TA to Caribbean in today's environment. 

I am just glad that it looks like the TA is a go.

3 hours ago, cjpj said:

We're supposed to be on the Sky out of PE on November 20. When I search the Princess site today, the Sky's TA is missing completely and there is a big gap between its return on November 5 from a 14 day Med trip out of Southampton, and our trip out of Florida on November 20. 

14 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We're supposed to be on the Sky out of PE on November 20. When I search the Princess site today, the Sky's TA is missing completely and there is a big gap between its return on November 5 from a 14 day Med trip out of Southampton, and our trip out of Florida on November 20. 

That's worrying. We are on the 14 day Med cruise that returns to Southampton on Nov 5th, and then heads off across the Atlantic. I know from our roll call that quite a lot of Americans are doing a B2B, and their travel plans will be in chaos if the TA is cancelled. 

I just looked on the Princess UK site, and the TA is missing from there.

Edited by Billish

1 minute ago, Billish said:

That's worrying. We are on the 14 day Med cruise that returns to Southampton on Nov 5th, and then heads off across the Atlantic. I know from our roll call that quite a lot of Americans are doing a B2B, and their travel plans will be in chaos if the TA is cancelled. 

It's hard to tell what's up with this. The OP here said the TA was shortened by two days, yet the Princess site has removed it entirely. I've always been a bit concerned by the fact that the Sky was scheduled to arrive at PE early in the morning of Nov 20 after a TA, then depart that very afternoon for a 7 day Caribbean trip. I would have thought that given the COVID situation, a LOT more time would have been required for turn around cleaning, inspections etc. Shortening the TA by two days would seem to build that time into the schedule.

I’m scheduled for the November 29 Regal princess and I logged in last night and the itinerary still says Amber cove and grand Turk, but I the picture of the map, that’s Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I’m just happy if I can get out of the house, but I thought it was curious.

93D6F43C-79E7-41E8-873A-A4B362301B10.thumb.png.f77e07f083e10adc4b8c8dbb154a47a6.png

24 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

I’m scheduled for the November 29 Regal princess and I logged in last night and the itinerary still says Amber cove and grand Turk, but I the picture of the map, that’s Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I’m just happy if I can get out of the house, but I thought it was curious.

93D6F43C-79E7-41E8-873A-A4B362301B10.thumb.png.f77e07f083e10adc4b8c8dbb154a47a6.png

The Cayman's islands are not allowing cruise ships until next year.  End of January at the earliest.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 11:00 AM, franktown said:

The Cayman's islands are not allowing cruise ships until next year.  End of January at the earliest.

I am on a cruise over the holidays to the Caymans. I read the same thing about Cayman Islands not permitting cruise ships to dock until January. I asked my Princess Planner and was told what I call one of their non answers. "you will know when Princess tells us". Ours also shows Turks and we are not scheduled to go there. So who the heck knows what they are doing if they even know................lol