Elegant Nights

Yanicka24

I was on a 6-night cruise on the Dream last week. My PVP told me that there would be two elegant nights, but when I went to guest services to confirm which night the second one was scheduled, they told me there is only one elegant night on 6-night cruises. 

The one elegant night was on night #2, the first sea day.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Our 5 night cruise had Elegant Night the second night, but no lobster.  They didn't have a real reason why no lobster, just no lobster.  Sad.

Because when Carnival had their series of cutbacks a few years ago, lobster was eliminated on all 3, 4 & 5 day cruises.   I believe that was before the removal of tablecloths and of course "shrimpgate."

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I was on a 6-night cruise on the Dream last week. My PVP told me that there would be two elegant nights, but when I went to guest services to confirm which night the second one was scheduled, they told me there is only one elegant night on 6-night cruises. 

The one elegant night was on night #2, the first sea day.

That's odd.  There have always been two elegant nights in 6 day cruises.  

https://help.carnival.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/68/~/cruise-elegant-nights

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Because when Carnival had their series of cutbacks a few years ago, lobster was eliminated on all 3, 4 & 5 day cruises.   I believe that was before the removal of tablecloths and of course "shrimpgate."

I have often read that a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise isn't a real cruise, so maybe the lobster is reserved for the real cruises.😆

• Haha 1

Just now, sparks1093 said:

I have often read that a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise isn't a real cruise, so maybe the lobster is reserved for the real cruises.😆

they are real.  Maybe not for season cruisers.  I can not even imagine take a 3 day because no sooner do you get on and its time to get back off again.  Lobster is on all sailings of 6 days or more 

I'm not sure if we are on the same Nov cruise or not....if it makes a difference to anyone with experience, our itinerary changed. Our sea days are now Wednesday and Friday (boarding the ship on Sunday).

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

That is true,  by the time you get accustomed to your vacation on a 3 or 4 day cruise, it's over.  

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That is true,  by the time you get accustomed to your vacation on a 3 or 4 day cruise, it's over.  

On the other hand, it's no different than a land-based long weekend vacation,  and no one claims a long weekend vacation isn't a REAL vacation. 

Just now, kwokpot said:

On the other hand, it's no different than a land-based long weekend vacation,  and no one claims a long weekend vacation isn't a REAL vacation. 

And now with E Muster taking practically no time, more incentive for those long weekend cruises.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:14 PM, V_V said:

I'm not sure if we are on the same Nov cruise or not....if it makes a difference to anyone with experience, our itinerary changed. Our sea days are now Wednesday and Friday (boarding the ship on Sunday).

We are Freedom Nov 28. 

On 9/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, serene56 said:

the second night will NEVER be the night before you get off.  Cruise lines want you packed up and luggage out by a certain time.    

I thought about that after I posted the question