Anyone else worried about test results?

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

Being a physician, being aware and “knowing”, and being that someone who actually practices good hygiene, can often be two different things completely. I’ve seen plenty of doctors and nurses use the restroom and not wash their hands afterwards, pick their noses while walking down hallways, and handling patients food trays at the hospitals without observing proper hygiene. A “title” doesn’t make someone “all-knowing”. You have to practice what your preach. 😎

Just like there are people who work in hospitals... in the maintenance department. So since neither of us knows each other maybe we should just drop it.

• Like 3

I’m not really worried about it. We practice good hygiene, minimize the time in grocery stores, I do most of our cooking since I enjoy it and am really good at it 🙂,  and we order online for lots of items.  We’ve always done this, though.  

We have worked outside the home since Covid started, and know the precautions we need to take. There is always the chance we will get it, and will be disappointed if we do right before our cruise.  But we won’t let it worry us between now and then. 🙂 

I hope we get to sail in December and you get to go in January. 👍🏼

• Like 3

4 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

We are sailing on Harmony OTS in January.  We are vaccinated (and as of next week, boosted).  I am seriously concerned about either 1) a false positive, or 2) an asymptomatic positive.  After two years, I am SO ready to cruise.  Anyone else feel this way?  Is there anything we can do to avoid either result?

Too many months away to worry about test results.  No one knows what the protocols will be like in January.  Just do whatever you have been doing up until this point to stay healthy.  As the cruise approaches, limit unnecessary contact with lots of people.

You are not alone in your worries.  I've already discussed with my family that for the couple weeks leading up to our Dec cruise, we will be playing things low key....no get togethers with friends or family , and extra curricular will go on hold.  But...our kids go to school so that is my biggest worry.  It's only been a month of school and already 2 cases in my DD's school (elementary school so half kids not vaccinated). Thankfully it seems like my work will continue to let us work from home for the remainder of 2021, so I am low risk.  But for DH, he is anxious to go back to the office and so as soon as they let him, he'll be there.  It's not even the work office that worries me as that will be controlled and with rules, but he takes the subway to get there...which seems like a big risk.  So yeah....really hope we get 4 negative tests.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I hope they drop the testing requirements soon. They are so costly and redundant. My 3 year old has to take 3 tests for a 1 week cruise.

3? I thought it was 2. One within 3 days (PCR I think) and then Royal does one for the before they get on the ship.

5 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

We are sailing on Harmony OTS in January.  We are vaccinated (and as of next week, boosted).  I am seriously concerned about either 1) a false positive, or 2) an asymptomatic positive.  After two years, I am SO ready to cruise.  Anyone else feel this way?  Is there anything we can do to avoid either result?

Yes it can be nerve racking, but I just want on a ship.

3 hours ago, matt1 said:

…..And don’t be afraid of what others may think as your practicing all of these safeguards. Your reward is waiting dockside…..

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matt1 said:

I think that’s the reason why am scheduling multiple tests, including at home tests, in those two days before my cruise. Just in case one of them is a false positive. 

But how do you know that it wasn't a true positive, and the other tests were false negatives?  If you have "any" positive test results, you are required to disclose that, and I doubt that they would let you cruise.  If you don't disclose a positive test, you are just putting other people at risk, and you can probably get yourself in legal trouble.  I hope that's not what you were thinking...

We will also schedule multiple tests.  But that is in case one test gets delayed or cancelled.  

2 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

….It just feels so unfair that the fully vaccinated must be subjected to testing to protect the unvaccinated.

Totally agree when it comes to people who can be vaccinated, but the ship is fully vaccinated except for those under the age of 12 who can’t be.

19 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Third one is day 4 of a 7 day sailing. ☹️

Makes sense, but Royal covers the test if it’s a b2b. We just had to do that on the Freedom. We get on the Odyssey tomorrow and it will be a b3b so I’m hoping I don’t test positive for the other 2 cruises.

You bet I am nervous.  I always practice good hygiene, wear mask whenever I go out, and keep my distance from others, but sometimes s*** happens and there is nothing you can do about it.  I received call one day from my daughter's school telling us that a staff member got a breakthrough infection, and next thing I know my daughter started to cough and tested positive.  Apparently the staff member took off her mask in class because she thought she could not possibly get infected after vaccination. 

That was three weeks ago, and my daughter still tested positive for Covid this week even though all her symptoms had disappeared.  My doctor said it generally takes about a month for your body to clear itself of the virus, so if one member in your travel party tested positive anytime within a month of your sailing date you can probably kiss the cruise goodbye because he/she most likely will still test positive a month after. 

My cruise is not until late November so we still have time, but this latest development is certainly quite frustrating and shows you how quick and easy things can change.

Edited by PCHENG

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Especially since there are so many places to go on a vacation without any of the hoops to jump through that are required just to get on a ship.

Boy oh boy if this isn't the TRUTH!!! In reading so many of the comments and hoops that so many are willing to go through just to do what we so enjoy is really an eye opener here for me. GREAT thread!

• Like 2