Room Service

MLP12

On 10/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, marieps said:

Sorry, but I don't know anyone who doesn't tip RS, especially after a heavy breakfast tray.  Yes, it's on a cart in the hall, but I've seen many struggle to get it into the room.  Especially true when sailing with my kids back in the day.

I never said you shouldn't, it just isn't true that pre-paid tips do not include room service. After hours has fee  tip included for charging to the cabin

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

I never said you shouldn't, it just isn't true that pre-paid tips do not include room service. After hours has fee  tip included for charging to the cabin

That's after hours.  What about before 11:00 ?  The discussion was about breakfast.  There is no fee.  As I have never received an envelope (as we used to in the day) for our RS food runners, I assumed they worked for individual tips.  

On 10/6/2021 at 9:20 PM, marieps said:
That's the good news: a LONG season starting in October as usual.  Best of luck to the Sens.  See you in the playoffs.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:31 PM, Fouremco said:

Sounds like a plan! Best of luck to the Bruins too. 👍

Three words -- 

Roll Tide, Roll!

• Thanks 1

We were just on the Summit and ordered room service in the morning. We never know what time we are getting up so we don’t like to pick a time the night before. It took about 20 minutes. I am not sure if this was because there was only 245 passengers, or because we were in a suite or just typical. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I always tip the room service delivery person CASH…3-5 bucks…

Same here. before each cruise I go to the bank, and get about $100 each in 1s and 5s. Use that for small tip money on board and in ports. Any left at the end of the cruise goes into the lock box with the gambling fund for the next cruise. 

3 hours ago, marieps said:

HaHa  We're talking hockey.  College Football?  Go Dawgs (and Hawkeyes).

Hockey?  What's hockey?  We never had hockey when I was growing up.  

Why anyone would want to use ice for anything other than to cool things down is beyond me. 

9 minutes ago, drowelf said:

Same here. before each cruise I go to the bank, and get about $100 each in 1s and 5s. Use that for small tip money on board and in ports. Any left at the end of the cruise goes into the lock box with the gambling fund for the next cruise. 

I am thinking for taking $2.00 bills instead of ones, inflation and all. 

8 hours ago, cbfb said:

We were just on the Summit and ordered room service in the morning. We never know what time we are getting up so we don’t like to pick a time the night before. It took about 20 minutes. I am not sure if this was because there was only 245 passengers, or because we were in a suite or just typical. 

Same here.  I like to order in the morning.  20 minutes would be great!  I love not having to leave the room to find coffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLP12 said:

Same here.  I like to order in the morning.  20 minutes would be great!  I love not having to leave the room to find coffee.

We have not been successful in finding good coffee from room service.  It is usually bitter and has a burnt taste to it.  

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

It is usually bitter and has a burnt taste to it.  

I agree. I'll order hot water and use my special tea from home then go to El Bacio and get a decent coffee.before heading to pool (sea day).

11 hours ago, cbfb said:

We only do room service breakfast on port days, so we always know what time we want it. On sea days, wake up time is when ever we roll out of bed. May be breakfast time or way past it. 😆

• Like 1

We try to sail forward so I can shoot up to the Spa Cafe for coffee to go.  Then it's off to Blu for breakfast.  Hate the overhang on S class.  I'll be on Connie in a month sailing in a non AQ cabin for the first time since 2012.  Still forward and a couple flights below Spa.