Refund from canceled port excursion?

Jenna

On September 9th we got word that our Labadee and San Juan ports were changing to a Sea Day and St. Maarten.

I had an excursion booked on Cruise planner for Labadee. 
I still haven’t received a refund for it yet? Is this normal, and by what time should I contact Royal if I haven’t gotten it yet?

Also, I have a TA, but I booked the excursion myself. Do I still need to go through my TA if I want to contact Royal about it?

Thanks everyone ☺️

48 minutes ago, Jenna said:

On September 9th we got word that our Labadee and San Juan ports were changing to a Sea Day and St. Maarten.

I had an excursion booked on Cruise planner for Labadee. 
I still haven’t received a refund for it yet? Is this normal, and by what time should I contact Royal if I haven’t gotten it yet?

Also, I have a TA, but I booked the excursion myself. Do I still need to go through my TA if I want to contact Royal about it?

Thanks everyone ☺️

You should get a refund.  Call Royal.   No need for ta to handle. 

When they change ports it sometimes takes a while to modify the excursions for that cruise.  If you can still see the excursion in Order History then they haven't gotten around to refunding it, so cancel it yourself.  Then it will take a week to 10 days.  We've never had a month delay on something we cancelled.

7 hours ago, pcur said:

I cancelled a dining package in my Cruise Planner, and got the refund almost exactly a month after.

That's one thing that really bothers me about refunds when you used a credit card to pay for something (not just cruise related). They charge you the next day but then it takes a while for the refund to show up. Never understood this. ?????

I put a reminder in my phone 30 days later then check.  I have never had one not be reimbursed.  If an issue, I call RCCL direct.

There is an app called Trip Case that is very helpful for trips.  I use it for all our travel.  For instance, my upcoming cruise is loaded in there with the flight, rental car, cruise, excursions, notes...  So much easier than trying to find a piece of paper or an email.  If a trip is cancelled, I only delete after I received any credits or reimbursement.  

Edited by jean87510

Same thing happened to us. We’re sailing on the Symphony in November and they removed Labadee. Just had a floating beach mat for there.  I went into the Cruise Planner and canceled it myself. Had the refund in about a week.

In my experience, when I have cancelled cruise planner purchases myself, I received the refund quickly. But, I am waiting on 3 refunds totaling almost $3k from Cruise Planner purchases on cruises that were canceled on July 26 and Aug 20. I emailed almost a month ago asking for a status. Yesterday finally got a response saying that because I booked through TA they cannot speak to me about any financial details. Even though I made all Cruise Planner purchases myself on Royal's website, paying them directly with my credit card. It's extremely frustrating. I have already replaced the cancelled cruises with new ones and made additional Cruise Planner purchases.