Cruised yet?

nissach

Have any of you cruised since cruises started up again?

We have a cruise booked for March 2022 out of Long Beach. Hoping third time is a charm.

I am just concerned about testing required to enter the US and/or board the ship.

Any insights or experiences you can provide would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

We were on the Celebrity Equinox on August 27 and are going on the Equinox again on October 27.  Yes, the testing is a hassle, but in my opinion it is worth it to be cruising again!  My current fear though is the rumors of shortages of rapid antigen tests coming.  With the requirement for a test 2 days before the cruise, in order to get one for both our flight and cruise it really needs to be on Wednesday - I have my fingers crossed this won't become an issue!  Celebrity gives you the PCR test to come home free on the ship, which is nice.

My post about our cruise and testing is below (at the time testing was 3 days before the cruise, but we will do the same thing, just go in to Shoppers Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday morning - FYI, I think the Shoppers option is only in Alberta and Ontario).  Let me know if you have any  questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nissach said:

Have any of you cruised since cruises started up again?

We have a cruise booked for March 2022 out of Long Beach. Hoping third time is a charm.

I am just concerned about testing required to enter the US and/or board the ship.

Any insights or experiences you can provide would be much appreciated!

Also, below is an entire thread form a lady that went on Odyssey.

• Like 1

Yes flying out next Friday to Houston, for galveston on the Carnival Vista, 1 week, 

long story short we had a B2B on RCL, for 2 weeks in Sept before they announced they would finally accept mixed mRNAS, so had to cancel, so booked this trip as Carnival was recognizing us a fully vaxed, etc then not 2 weeks after cancelling RCL accepts mixed mRNAS ...

its what you call S Show! lol 

Then we have one booked end of Nov out of Fort Laud with RCL.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, Welly9 said:

Yes flying out next Friday to Houston, for galveston on the Carnival Vista, 1 week, 

long story short we had a B2B on RCL, for 2 weeks in Sept before they announced they would finally accept mixed mRNAS, so had to cancel, so booked this trip as Carnival was recognizing us a fully vaxed, etc then not 2 weeks after cancelling RCL accepts mixed mRNAS ...

its what you call S Show! lol 

Then we have one booked end of Nov out of Fort Laud with RCL.

Well, my husband has the the fully mixed vaccine, astrazenica and then Moderna, so right now we are SOL. But if the US finally does recognize him as being fully vaccinated, then our next concern is being able to get the testing done in time.

On 10/8/2021 at 1:51 PM, AlbertaCruisers said:

We were on the Celebrity Equinox on August 27 and are going on the Equinox again on October 27.  Yes, the testing is a hassle, but in my opinion it is worth it to be cruising again!  My current fear though is the rumors of shortages of rapid antigen tests coming.  With the requirement for a test 2 days before the cruise, in order to get one for both our flight and cruise it really needs to be on Wednesday - I have my fingers crossed this won't become an issue!  Celebrity gives you the PCR test to come home free on the ship, which is nice.

My post about our cruise and testing is below (at the time testing was 3 days before the cruise, but we will do the same thing, just go in to Shoppers Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday morning - FYI, I think the Shoppers option is only in Alberta and Ontario).  Let me know if you have any  questions.

The tests you had done at your local Shoppers, were they PCR tests?  What was the cost to you to get the tests and results?

I do know that PCR tests cannot be completed in Manitoba, only, Ontario, Alberta and BC.  Which is really messing up our Hawaii trip in December.  We are likely going to have to cancel that one. 😞 

13 minutes ago, nissach said:

The tests you had done at your local Shoppers, were they PCR tests?  What was the cost to you to get the tests and results?

I do know that PCR tests cannot be completed in Manitoba, only, Ontario, Alberta and BC.  Which is really messing up our Hawaii trip in December.  We are likely going to have to cancel that one. 😞 

No, for flight to Florida and the Celebrity Cruise we only needed the rapid antigen test, so it was the $40 rapid antigen test that we got done at Shoppers.

Have you looked at the PCR test by Canadian Travel Clinics in Winnipeg?  Definitely not cheap. Link below.

https://www.canadiantravelclinics.ca/Clinics/Winnipeg

5 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

No, for flight to Florida and the Celebrity Cruise we only needed the rapid antigen test, so it was the $40 rapid antigen test that we got done at Shoppers.

Have you looked at the PCR test by Canadian Travel Clinics in Winnipeg?  Definitely not cheap. Link below.

https://www.canadiantravelclinics.ca/Clinics/Winnipeg

I know, the prices here are crazy!

Yes- was on the Oasis on September 26, 2021.  Had a rapid test done at Shoppers - $40.00 to fly to New York.  Royal actually gave us our PCR test to get home - on Saturday morning (as we were disembarking on Sunday) - no charge.  No hassle whatsoever (a little stressful, but well worth it).

3 hours ago, nissach said:

I know, the prices here are crazy!

When looking to get a third dose as the wife and I are AZ/Moderna I thought I read that Manitoba is allowing 3rd doses for travel.  I know Alberta is as we have an appointment booked for a Moderna shot (we are flying there from Ontario, which is crazy but I am tired of all the waiting,  rules etc, I want to be double dosed with Moderna and be done).

As well you mentioned going to Hawaii, in reading about testing and and such as of now Hawaii has all its own rules around accepted tests to fly and quarantine.  Of course all this changes daily.

• Like 1

Me and my husband leave for Miami on Saturday for our honeymoon cruise on symphony. We are a little worried about having all the paperwork for customs and such but are super excited to go away! 

Was there anything you wish you knew before your first cruise post pandemic?

3 minutes ago, Cruiser0987 said:

Me and my husband leave for Miami on Saturday for our honeymoon cruise on symphony. We are a little worried about having all the paperwork for customs and such but are super excited to go away! 

Have a great cruise!

4 minutes ago, Cruiser0987 said:

Congratulations, wish we knew how empty the ship would be with reduced capacity.

1 hour ago, truckswain said:

When looking to get a third dose as the wife and I are AZ/Moderna I thought I read that Manitoba is allowing 3rd doses for travel.  I know Alberta is as we have an appointment booked for a Moderna shot (we are flying there from Ontario, which is crazy but I am tired of all the waiting,  rules etc, I want to be double dosed with Moderna and be done).

As well you mentioned going to Hawaii, in reading about testing and and such as of now Hawaii has all its own rules around accepted tests to fly and quarantine.  Of course all this changes daily.

I posted yesterday how I was able to get a 3rd dose.

I can't guarantee it will work but it did for me.

You could try going into a Shoppers (confirm that the store has Moderna) and say you want your 2nd Moderna dose.

Just curious, has anyone from Manitoba had any issues with their proof of vaccination records when boarding Carnival ships?  On the Carnival website it states;

The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show the guest is fully vaccinated. The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. This means that on embarkation day, a minimum of 15 days must have passed since the final dose was received. Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible.

I just received my paper copy of my immunization records and it does not include the lot number. In the column allocated for the lot number it simply states N/A. I just wondering if this is going to be an issue when boarding the ship?

• Like 1

That's strange - our Manitoba Immunization Record has three columns:

Column 1 - Vaccine - in our case Pfizer Bio-Tech COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine (other lines have other ones like Polio, Tetanus, etc)

Column 2 - MB Code - COVID-19 - mRNA

Column 3 - Date of Immunization and Vaccine Lot Number - in our case 2021-04-21 (EX0448) and 2021-07-02 (EY0876)

Strange that yours doesn't have the Lot #.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:28 AM, truckswain said:

Yes, I believe Manitoba is offering third doses.  My husband is not thrilled about having to get another one, but will so he can travel if the US does not allow AZ vaccinated people into the US.  I am just hoping that they wisen up and allow those who have the AZ vacc to enter.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:18 AM, RLK33853 said:

That's strange - our Manitoba Immunization Record has three columns:

Column 1 - Vaccine - in our case Pfizer Bio-Tech COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine (other lines have other ones like Polio, Tetanus, etc)

Column 2 - MB Code - COVID-19 - mRNA

Column 3 - Date of Immunization and Vaccine Lot Number - in our case 2021-04-21 (EX0448) and 2021-07-02 (EY0876)

Strange that yours doesn't have the Lot #.

Is this what you see online when you access your vaccination records?  Or is this a print out?

On 10/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, Travelexpert35 said:

You definitely should have a Lot # on your vaccination card and it looks like    you would have a problem with Carnival. I would contact your health provider and get this cleared up before you think of getting on a cruise ship. 

Yes, thank you.  I have contacted my health provider and the issue has now been fixed.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, nissach said:

Is this what you see online when you access your vaccination records?  Or is this a print out?

You have to request your Immunization RECORD from Shared Health in Manitoba - it has all your immunization records, etc.  The on-line or hard copy Immunization CARD just says you are vaccinated. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

You have to request your Immunization RECORD from Shared Health in Manitoba - it has all your immunization records, etc.  The on-line or hard copy Immunization CARD just says you are vaccinated. 

Thanks, just requested both mine and my husbands.  Fingers crossed the US will accept the AZ vacc with the new  announcement that the land border is opening.

23 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

How did you do your request, I’m having a problem following the links.  If you can please point me in the right direction.  Step by step would be great thanks