stock holder obc

bschmitt

When you guys sent your emails I assume you attach the PDF file of the broker statement, correct?

I just notice the auto-reply email from Royal Caribbeans have removed the PDF file, and there is a note at the bottom - See attached file (name of the file).

I wonder if the email goes to their SPAM folder due to the attachment?

18 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

When you guys sent your emails I assume you attach the PDF file of the broker statement, correct?

I just notice the auto-reply email from Royal Caribbeans have removed the PDF file, and there is a note at the bottom - See attached file (name of the file).

Refer to details in post #75.

Yes, I send an email with a pdf file.

Yes, on RC reply email, the attached pdf is "unnamed".

19 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Yes. We sent an pdf of the proof of ownership.  

16 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Refer to details in post #75.

Yes, I send an email with a pdf file.

Yes, on RC reply email, the attached pdf is "unnamed".

16 minutes ago, BND said:

Yes. We sent an pdf of the proof of ownership.  

The attachment not just "unnamed" but disappears, as in the sense, there is NO attachment at all on the auto-replied email.

Also the 954) 628-9325 Opt 3 NO LONGER gets any rep in the "dedicated team" handling shareholder benefit.  You get the dept of Customer Experiences Management.   They could not help anything on the shareholder benefits which can only be handled by "dedicated team".  

This "dedicated team" can only be reached via the Web submission form or email.  The rep I talked to tonight suggested to send the request to Investorrelations@rccl.com, or cc them in order to get a response...

I also found out that the 2nd leg of the B2B reservation number pulled up a canceled cruise on a different ship (Ovation).  Later she realized it might be  because the 2nd leg booking is a group booking, she needed to look up the reservation from group booking... and she found our booking which is active, on Odyssey.    I cannot fathom Royal Caribbean would recycle booking IDs between Group and Individual booking types.   Even more puzzling is, how can our names associated with a canceled Ovation cruise which we had never booked.

Further, they could not see any OBC from my cruise agent on the Group Booking leg.  Sigh.

This thing is evolving to a major saga...

1 hour ago, nho9504 said:

The attachment not just "unnamed" but disappears, as in the sense, there is NO attachment at all on the auto-replied email.

Usually an attachment on a previously sent email won't repeat when one replies back since you're the original sender.

OBC from tour travel agent's group booking doesn't show up in the cruise planner; rather in your onboard account on Day 2 of your cruise.

Not sure if I'm following some of what you're saying.  Perhaps start over and send a short email directly to: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com. Keep it simple - your name, address, phone #, email, ship(s), sailing date(s) and booking #(s) and attach copy of your brokerage statement  no older than 3 months that reflects ownership of a minimum of 100 shares in your name.

Note the OBC will only be granted for one cabin per sailing in which the shareholder's name matched the name on the reservation.

Hope this helps you! I've always had a 1-5 day turnaround on all my requests.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Usually an attachment on a previously sent email won't repeat when one replies back since you're the original sender.

OBC from tour travel agent's group booking doesn't show up in the cruise planner; rather in your onboard account on Day 2 of your cruise.

Not sure if I'm following some of what you're saying.  Perhaps start over and send a short email directly to: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com. Keep it simple - your name, address, phone #, email, ship(s), sailing date(s) and booking #(s) and attach copy of your brokerage statement  no older than 3 months that reflects ownership of a minimum of 100 shares in your name.

Note the OBC will only be granted for one cabin per sailing in which the shareholder's name matched the name on the reservation.

Hope this helps you! I've always had a 1-5 day turnaround on all my requests.

Thanks for the info.

I have sent the broker statement pdf file attached o the email address you bolded, more than once. 

Tonight's rep suggested to also send the "main" email to investorrelations@rccl.com then CC the shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Yes I list the info on the booking - ID, Sailing Date, Ship Name and where she sails to.

At the bottom of the email I have passenger name, address, phone number and email address.

The broker statement has both the passengers' names as it is a JT account.  It is an account specifically for RCL and CCL shareholder benefits, nothing else - so I dont need to bother with blacken out this and that - each line can see the passengers also own the competitor's shares, meaning also sailing the competitor's ships.  lol.

Our previous RCL sailings are several years ago and we have been shot down a few times on shareholder benefits on both RCL and Celebrity cruises, for reasons "coupon does not apply" to special sales...

Unlike Princess and Holland America, Royal Caribbean only approve shareholder benefit on fares they have not put on sale.  Current B2B are booked with the 30% off on second guest promo, so I have my doubt they would approve it.  But at least they should give a reply.  Right now the situation is, the Customer Experiences Management Dept reps do not even see email requests in the file, nor the (in)famous Web based submission, while one rep insists I need to resubmit it again thru the Website...

15 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Our previous RCL sailings are several years ago and we have been shot down a few times on shareholder benefits on both RCL and Celebrity cruises, for reasons "coupon does not apply" to special sales...

Unlike Princess and Holland America, Royal Caribbean only approve shareholder benefit on fares they have not put on sale.  Current B2B are booked with the 30% off on second guest promo, so I have my doubt they would approve it.  

The "not combinable" exclusion was removed in June 2019.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Is this true? I saw that they sent me a return mail saying this "Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated confirmation that your email has been received. Our representatives will reply to your inquiry in the order in which it was received. Please reply only if you need to provide additional information related to your original email. Follow-up emails regarding the status of your query may further delay your response." 

After which a few days later, i saw 135SGD + 135SGD appear in my cruise planner for my B2B in March. So i thought it must be the OBC from the shareholder's benefit i requested for.

What else would this 270SGD/200USD be for then?

Edited by Ethanol95

I like the electronic form. :classic_biggrin: I used the eraser in Microsoft Paint to remove the irrelevant information. (after a suggestion from Biker19) And the electronic form asks you if you have additional cruises to submit for, so you can do them all at one time. I did them all at once. 

The stockholder credit showed up in the cruise planner on ALL of our cruises in about a week. :classic_biggrin:

And then they were all (the cruises) cancelled by the cruise line for various reasons, recently. :classic_huh::classic_sad:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

3 months before your submission of your request

Thanks!  My first time doing this...hopefully will get it right the next time.  😉 

The first cruise I listed was less than 3 weeks in advance, I was worried they would not apply it since they state "must be done no less than 3 weeks in advance"...got lucky and it did show up though.  

Edited by island lady

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

I like the electronic form. :classic_biggrin: I used the eraser in Microsoft Paint to remove the irrelevant information. (after a suggestion from Biker19) And the electronic form asks you if you have additional cruises to submit for, so you can do them all at one time. I did them all at once. 

The stockholder credit showed up in the cruise planner on ALL of our cruises in about a week. :classic_biggrin:

And then they were all (the cruises) cancelled by the cruise line for various reasons, recently. :classic_huh::classic_sad:

I did the electronic form for the B2B when I first did it. 

Then after not hearing anything from them and the first cruise is within 12 days I resubmitted it thru the email form and received the automatic reply, as quoted by a poster here.

Still not hearing anything I started to call them.  Talked to 3 reps of the "Customer Experiences Management" dept - none has found the requests and of course no approval, given requests not even there.  Then first rep told me to resubmit the request thru the web, for both cruises INDIVIDUALLY.  

The 2nd rep told me to send the "main" email to investorrelations@rccl.com and CC shareholderbenefits@rccl.com

The 3rd rep claimed she noted the bookings about passengers have submitted shareholder benefits requests.  She also told me the "dedicated team" could only be reached by the website (the form),  and the email (we all know the address).  They cannot even be reached internally by other depts thru internal communication channels..

I must say, all 3 reps sounded overseas-based, based on their pronunciation, especially the "investor",  the "tor" is pronounced literally as an O,  not as "ter".  She is also home-based, because little kid's noise occasionally heard in the background.  I personally have no issue with that as long as they are well trained and have the means to do their jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, thewynn said:

Where in the Cruise Planner does the shareholder OBC show up? I submitted my request last week but I'm not sure where to look if it has been applied?

Thanks

Once you click on Plan My Cruise, at the very top right next to your "cart" will show the OBC that you have from Royal and available to use to purchase items in the Planner.  This amount won't include any travel agent OBC.  If you booked and Royal gave you $100 OBC for booking, when you add shareholder for a 7-night sailing ($100), the amount will reflect $200.

2 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Once you click on Plan My Cruise, at the very top right next to your "cart" will show the OBC that you have from Royal and available to use to purchase items in the Planner.  This amount won't include any travel agent OBC.  If you booked and Royal gave you $100 OBC for booking, when you add shareholder for a 7-night sailing ($100), the amount will reflect $200.

Thank you very much, I don't have anything showing there yet so I guess it has not yet been applied but now I know where to look.

• 3 weeks later...