Where to find fancy wine on S-class, now that Cellar Masters is disappearing?

SandG

If you are looking for the types of high-end wines from the Enomatic wine dispensers, they are no longer available.  I did enjoy getting a taste of Opus One or something similar that I would never be able to sample on my own.  It is disappointing that this treat is gone and most of what is left is 'everyday' types of wine.  

What we have done for the last few cruises is to have a wine lovers' get together with others in our roll-call and each bring their special wine.  We have lucked out that we all have brought special bottles (Rubicon, Chateau Montelena, and a few extra ordinary small vineyards.)   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

If you are looking for the types of high-end wines from the Enomatic wine dispensers, they are no longer available. 

On which ships?  Some are still entirely untouched by the 'revolution', e.g. Constellation.

For those of us who may be disenchanted by the lack of 'better' wine offerings by the glass on the beverage packages, please remember to state this on your survey... please.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

For those of us who may be disenchanted by the lack of 'better' wine offerings by the glass on the beverage packages, please remember to state this on your survey... please.

Cheers and bon voyage

Will do - based on status of CM on Constellation in particular.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

@zitskylet me know how you like the Sonoma-Cutrer.

I will.  It's part of my "every day" wine delivery so I will probably try it in a week or two.  I have half a case of unoaked chardonnay, half a case of Oregon pinot noir, half a case of Opolo Zinfandel and about a case and a half of mixed red and white that just got delivered.

3 hours ago, NanaChar said:

If you are looking for the types of high-end wines from the Enomatic wine dispensers, they are no longer available.  I did enjoy getting a taste of Opus One or something similar that I would never be able to sample on my own.  It is disappointing that this treat is gone and most of what is left is 'everyday' types of wine.  

What we have done for the last few cruises is to have a wine lovers' get together with others in our roll-call and each bring their special wine.  We have lucked out that we all have brought special bottles (Rubicon, Chateau Montelena, and a few extra ordinary small vineyards.)   

It was the Enomatic I was hoping to try on the Infinity, but I knew they were gone. I guess I'll just ask for a taste of all the wines by the glass, and I'll have my own little party.  🥳 

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

It was the Enomatic I was hoping to try on the Infinity, but I knew they were gone. I guess I'll just ask for a taste of all the wines by the glass, and I'll have my own little party.  🥳 

If I can get them to pour the Cardinale by the glass, I'll let you know! (Fat Chance!)

44 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I will.  It's part of my "every day" wine delivery so I will probably try it in a week or two.  I have half a case of unoaked chardonnay, half a case of Oregon pinot noir, half a case of Opolo Zinfandel and about a case and a half of mixed red and white that just got delivered.

Lucky you. Never had wine delivery; I'd be like a kid in a candy store. 😃

7 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Would anyone know the price of a Baileys over the classic package. I enjoy having one the odd night. Not interested in the wine selections as I bring my own so just wondering if I should upgrade to CBP or pay the difference. I also like San Pellegrino with my meals. Thanks for all contributions. 

Last time we cruised it was $1.20 including gratuity. 

12 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Lucky you. Never had wine delivery; I'd be like a kid in a candy store. 😃

It's not an independent store but it's in the neighborhood.  And no they don't sell toilet paper and cars and dog food.  I buy from Total Wine.  The selection is decent.

3 hours ago, canderson said:

On which ships?  Some are still entirely untouched by the 'revolution', e.g. Constellation.

Well, looking at the deck plans for the "S" class ships, it looks like only Silhouette and Equinox have had Cellar Master removed.  Hmm, maybe I need to switch ships.  

9 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

Well, looking at the deck plans for the "S" class ships, it looks like only Silhouette and Equinox have had Cellar Master removed.  Hmm, maybe I need to switch ships.  

It's still a beautiful ship and has many wonderful memories for me. 

1 hour ago, NanaChar said:

Good luck

17 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

I am kidding about which is from Silhouette.  I love the ship.  I would give up the Enomatic dispenser for her.  

I've only found one wine store on land that had something like the Enomatic.  Got to try one wine.  Didn't have time for more.

12 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Would anyone know the price of a Baileys over the classic package. I enjoy having one the odd night. Not interested in the wine selections as I bring my own so just wondering if I should upgrade to CBP or pay the difference. I also like San Pellegrino with my meals. Thanks for all contributions. 

5 hours ago, barneyboy said:

Last time we cruised it was $1.20 including gratuity. 

We believe that it was still $1.20 on the Equinox in September, 2021.  A hint that our memory is correct is this list of "Cordials," from the dessert menu in the MDR:

Drambuie ... $10

Frangelico ... $10

Sambuca ... $9

Grand Marnier ... $11

Extase XO ... $21

Various other liqueurs, cognacs, etc., are available in bars around the ships (for example, Chambord, Kahlua, Limoncello, Disaronno, B&B, Benedictine, Cointreau, Southern Comfort, Tuaca, St. Germain Elderflower, Remy Martin, and Courvoisier).

7 hours ago, jg51 said:

We believe that it was still $1.20 on the Equinox in September, 2021.  A hint that our memory is correct is this list of "Cordials," from the dessert menu in the MDR:

Drambuie ... $10

Frangelico ... $10

Sambuca ... $9

Grand Marnier ... $11

Extase XO ... $21

Various other liqueurs, cognacs, etc., are available in bars around the ships (for example, Chambord, Kahlua, Limoncello, Disaronno, B&B, Benedictine, Cointreau, Southern Comfort, Tuaca, St. Germain Elderflower, Remy Martin, and Courvoisier).

Is Cointreau and Chambord on Classic package. I like it in a cosmopolitan. Thanks 😊 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Is Cointreau and Chambord on Classic package. I like it in a cosmopolitan. Thanks 😊 

I've only had Grand Marnier and never Cointreau.  I wonder if you know how they are similar or different?

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I've only had Grand Marnier and never Cointreau.  I wonder if you know how they are similar or different?

I have Cointreau at home probably in a Cosmo would not be much difference. I am bringing onboard a Francis ford coppola reserve cab which is being marked down end of month. My local vintages consultant highly recommended. Pair with rib eye. Did not see on Total wine site. 

51 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I have Cointreau at home probably in a Cosmo would not be much difference. I am bringing onboard a Francis ford coppola reserve cab which is being marked down end of month. My local vintages consultant highly recommended. Pair with rib eye. Did not see on Total wine site. 

Enjoy the wine! 

Thanks for the wine list!

I had to chuckle--the base Reisling I like is 43 a bottle on  Board but when I buy it, I get it at $5 a bottle by the case. I used to have a small partnership interest in a restaurant and that place charged 39 a bottle-so just a normal on board mark up.

The premium Reisling  which is pretty good is 22 a bottle at home in retail stores, but a special order,  and 16 a glass listed here-- thats a pretty normal.

We get the premium Drink Pkg, more for myself than my wife, not necessarly because we drink so much, more so we feel unemcumbered to get a drink or try something. Especially when  at the Sunset or Oceanview bars in the afternoon, as teh bartenders are pretty accomodating.  So I'll put this on our iphones  so my wife will not just choose any old wine but one from the premium list.

Probably more important, at the end of a cruise, esp a 14 day one, I do not have to look at a multitude of days of charges for drinks.

As to CM, it was a nice quiet  elegant environment for a few people to get together for a drink. I will miss it just because we could chat while sitting back in our chairs. But  our next cruise is scheduled on Reflection which has not been renovated/ Revolutionalized.

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Cointreau is a high quality triple sec, Grand Mariner is a blend of triple sec and cognac. The two are not interchangeable.  Grand Mariner in a cosmo tastes awful IMHO … trust me. 😁