15 minutes ago, mom says said:

No one could say with any certainty. Could be flat as glass, or you could have days with high seas. When in doubt, pack your sea sickness remedies.

Exactly so.  We traveled from Spain to Florida in October one year (hurricane season).  The ocean was like glass, and beautifully sunny days every day.

2 hours ago, VintageSelections said:

We are contemplating a transatlantic trip in November from Spain to Miami.  What are the sea conditions in the mid Atlantic that time of year

Have crossed the Atlantic way too may times and seen every thing from almost smooth to 100" seas.

I think your chances of getting smoother seas in Nov on the southern route which you are doing are better than a northern route.  As people have already said, it is the ocean and it can be variable.  You didn't ask about cabin selection but if you are prone to motion sickness I would chose a cabin in the centre of the ship on a lower deck (6 or 7).  Also, I would choose the port side to get more sun.  Happy sailing.  TA's are great.

The Atlantic keeps its summer warmth well into November - the sea water temps will be warmer than in June - and that translates to air temp.  It will still be “hurricane season” - but those storms can easily be avoided on a T/A.   October-November is the best time to do a T/A - and we have gone from Rome or Barcelona to FL at least six times in that time frame.  

Specific sea conditions, of course, are unpredictable — you will get what you get. If you want sun - book on the port side for max sun all day.

In 2018 - spring - did a TA to Rome and had very nice weather all the way across. That November did a TA from London to NYC and the captain had to dance around three Hurricanes/Tropical storms running around the north Atlantic - just where we wanted to go. Captain had to steer considerably further south than planned and bypassed one of the stops. Waves we did hit were like 30'-40', so interesting, but not threatening. Pools were closed for most of that crossing, and the acrobatics show was understandably cancelled. Walking around was interesting. 

Just because you hit heavy weather does not really affect the cruise - and does make it a bit more interesting for sure.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 11:35 PM, RGEDad said:

Just because you hit heavy weather does not really affect the cruise - and does make it a bit more interesting for sure.

I know that some think I am a bit "odd" about this issue, but, I enjoy the cruise that much more when King Neptune is upset.  I know that I really am "at sea" and not at a Marriott Resort.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1