Anyone have 2021 experience with "Cruise the Vineyards" wine package?

happy cruzer

Hello wine people 🙂

Anyone purchase a Cruise the Vineyards package this year and care to review it?  Selections and Pricing?

Also any other wine info is appreciated - like carry on amount, corkage fees, 1st night in the Steakhouse 1/2 price wine, etc....

Thanks.

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Hello wine people 🙂

Anyone purchase a Cruise the Vineyards package this year and care to review it?  Selections and Pricing?

Also any other wine info is appreciated - like carry on amount, corkage fees, 1st night in the Steakhouse 1/2 price wine, etc....

Thanks.

Each adult can carry on one 750ml bottle. Free bottle of red or white in Steakhouse first night, (maybe second night, too?) or 50% off wine list for better wine in Steakhouse. $15 corkage fee, not always charged in venues, free to open in cabin.

• Like 1

I purchased the non Premium 5 bottle wine package when I got onboard my Oct 2 Mardi Gras cruise.  Every bottle opened for me tasted like it was a bit past it's sell by date and the color of the white wine in my glass was more gold colored than it should have been.  Not enough to make me ask for another bottle, I just switched from Sav Blanc to Pinot Grigio to Chardonnay.  Same slightly old taste.

We have done wine packages on Carnival before and never have encountered this.  Maybe it was wine that had been stored during Covid shutdown.

• Like 2

You buy a package of bottles of wine.  You receive a number of paper "tickets" that you use to redeem a bottle of wine while at dinner, which I did at Chibang, Rudi's and MDR while on Mardi Gras.  If you don't finish a bottle they will hold it for you for the next time you want it.  I have never requested to use my wine package at a bar.  The package I purchased on MG was the non premium 5 bottle package and I think I saved about 35% off the ship's price for a bottle of wine.  Like $119 or something like that.

Hope that info helps!

• Like 1

We just got the "  cheaper" package on the Panorama. You can redeem the vouchers at the dining room, but also can at any bar and take back to your room. In fact we had a voucher left the last day so got the bottle and brought it home with us . 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:40 PM, gotscrapz said:

@ninjacat123and @pinto18 DO either of you have the list of wines that was available? I love Moscato but other than that, I don't drink much wine. Thanks!

Here's a link that has the list:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards-wine-packages-program

• 2 years later...
On 10/28/2021 at 6:57 AM, ninjacat123 said:

You buy a package of bottles of wine.  You receive a number of paper "tickets" that you use to redeem a bottle of wine while at dinner, which I did at Chibang, Rudi's and MDR while on Mardi Gras.  If you don't finish a bottle they will hold it for you for the next time you want it.  I have never requested to use my wine package at a bar.  The package I purchased on MG was the non premium 5 bottle package and I think I saved about 35% off the ship's price for a bottle of wine.  Like $119 or something like that.

Hope that info helps!

Hi, best answer so far. But I am still a bit confused. Are we buying the right to purchase wine at a discounted price, or does the package price get you the bottles of wine with no additional payment (aside from the 18% gratuity)? The carnival FAQ is ambiguous... "Enjoy great discounts on wine packages when you purchase wines offered through our exclusive 'Cruise the Vineyards' "   

For our July cruise on the Dream, the cruise manager option says the 5-bottle package is $126. So that's a pretty amazing price (about $6/glass) if that is actually the cost. Again, I know we would pay an 18% gratuity above this. 

TIA

27 minutes ago, Jay22Jay said:

Hi, best answer so far. But I am still a bit confused. Are we buying the right to purchase wine at a discounted price, or does the package price get you the bottles of wine with no additional payment (aside from the 18% gratuity)? The carnival FAQ is ambiguous... "Enjoy great discounts on wine packages when you purchase wines offered through our exclusive 'Cruise the Vineyards' "   

For our July cruise on the Dream, the cruise manager option says the 5-bottle package is $126. So that's a pretty amazing price (about $6/glass) if that is actually the cost. Again, I know we would pay an 18% gratuity above this. 

TIA

You are prepaying for 3 or 5 bottles of wine, at the package price + 18% gratuity.

• Like 1