LIVE/Grand/Oct. 23 - Nov.1, 2021

HBCcruiser

Really enjoyed all your comments and photos.  We embark tomorrow on the Majestic for 7 days so will be in same ports.  Won't be enjoying a suite but looking forward to dining in CC--am sure we will have same type service you did.  One thing I was really surprised about was those charming towel animals as have never seen that done on a Princess ship.  This will be our first post pandemic cruise.  LONG TIME NO SEA.  Big CONCERN  today is getting the test results back in time and we will never deal with Quest again.  Have an at home test if I need to use it tomorrow morning!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The headliner was quite good last night. She can sing!! I would have loved to hear her do a Heart song but the songs she selected were right on.

78CFF0D7-3DC6-4D5F-B451-D3B0F0CD7AAF.jpeg

86150038-75AE-4564-A04E-E75206F4AF57.jpeg

We also thought she was quite good.  We were on a B2B last month and sadly, for the second leg of our cruise, she had injured herself.  Glad she is back on stage.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We had another great dinner at Sabatini’s last night. Our head waiter, Valcin, in Club Class sent my DH a special cut of lamb. I’m not a lamb eater but that was good! My DH loved it. Again, the staff on this ship are amazing!❤️

FFA3CE9B-4ED4-45F7-853C-84C706C43455.jpeg

75B51327-6ABF-43BD-81A8-A338F4CF26D0.jpeg

B381A6F8-BB3E-4B5A-86BD-C9D4E1FCE418.jpeg

2FA86A19-C462-4F5B-8539-FA41C00CB00C.jpeg

Damn ! that's alotta lamb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

We had another great dinner at Sabatini’s last night. Our head waiter, Valcin, in Club Class sent my DH a special cut of lamb. I’m not a lamb eater but that was good! My DH loved it. Again, the staff on this ship are amazing!❤️

FFA3CE9B-4ED4-45F7-853C-84C706C43455.jpeg

75B51327-6ABF-43BD-81A8-A338F4CF26D0.jpeg

B381A6F8-BB3E-4B5A-86BD-C9D4E1FCE418.jpeg

2FA86A19-C462-4F5B-8539-FA41C00CB00C.jpeg

is that a 2014 Alexander valley ?

• Like 1

Last night was formal night. One of the restaurant managers happens to be a professional singer. He serenaded this couple for their anniversary. Now that’s what I call a celebration package. I hope the video I made loads!  
@Level sixwhen we first sat down in the princess theater about 15 min before the show the sip and cover policy was announced. Most people came in after us snd I did not hear it announced again. We regrettably missed last night’s performance so do not know what happened with regards to masking then. 
This morning I was out on the observation deck over the bridge at sunrise. A large pod of humpbacks were passing us, blowing and breaching. I snapped a snappy of sunrise. I didn’t try to get a picture of the whales as I prefer to simply enjoy the experience. 

EC0A1FA1-8B62-4157-8890-0DA8450D86FA.jpeg

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That Silver Oak is indeed 2014 (after blowing up the photo).  I am thinking the early cruisers are getting the benefit of extra-aged wines left in stock when pandemic shutdown occurred. 

Nope. I brought that one onboard with me. Good observation all! 😎

• Like 3

15 hours ago, brisalta said:

Where?

Never mind finally found it.

After opening the Medallion app click on the icon at the upper left, select My Preferences, scroll down and select Favorites, the scroll down and "Celebrating A Milestone?" will come into view and keep scrolling and various types of events can be selected.

It won’t open for me it just spins and says loading.

5 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It won’t open for me it just spins and says loading.

Welcome to the Medallion app! 😉 /s

I have noticed that the Medallion app behaves differently depending on if you login with your user name versus using your booking number.

It also behaves differently depending on whether your connection to the internet is via wifi or cellular data.

Edited by brisalta

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Welcome to the Medallion app! 😉 /s

I have noticed that the Medallion app behaves differently depending on if you login with your user name versus using your booking number.

It also behaves differently depending on whether your connection to the internet is via wifi or cellular data.

Which is the best?

8 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Which is the best?

With that sort of question I think you are trying to make my head explode!!! /s

Plus we are way off topic for this thread and this discussion should be in one of the medallion app. threads.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 2

Beautiful day in Cabo, but hot.  NCL and Disney left midday.  Celebrity (6;30 pm) and Grand still anchored.  Water shuttle suspended between 2 and 6 AM. Last shuttle is at 10:30 AM.  Grand did a 180 degree move.  Could she be on one anchor?  Started out with “pointy end” facing west.  Tonight we are facing east.  

• Like 1

We walked around for a while then headed  to Flora Farms. There was a major accident on the main road heading to San Jose out of Cabo so we took the toll road. On our way back at night we drove past the accident. It was a cement truck that had demolished the divider and overturned. Traffic was still backed up for miles. People were getting out of their cars and walking away. Dangerous. 

Flora pics;

32B28C4D-8A18-4A56-993E-C65945BB5BB9.jpeg

30B95C35-018C-4259-B2F1-38103A5C9D16.jpeg

E3F19ECE-35D3-4E31-95E5-3717D7E334F9.jpeg

7213019D-0A54-4E17-A868-1507650A5E2F.jpeg

AA40D314-3B9B-4E35-8E36-536DE5FB1880.jpeg

C2E73B7F-FED6-42FA-A8BC-712AA2E0D6A4.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

It was hot and a bit humid in Cabo. We grabbed sushi at NickSans which was really good. Best Margarita ever!! 

3436CE4C-5D09-418C-A45E-187D0CD31461.jpeg

505882FD-8B0E-46F0-8208-65ADEC7435B1.jpeg

12E4A40F-73A8-42CE-9F83-D02967BA7971.jpeg

9566A5F2-425E-42C7-93E1-8C9C3B9EAA5B.jpeg

6ADC4540-A7D9-4830-A099-32B52E0E8D9B.jpeg

Was it actually raw or all smoked? I ask because the first, and last, time I had sushi anywhere in Mexico was at our hotel in PV. I was surprised that it was all smoked, not raw. I asked the maitre d' why was it all smoked, and he told me they were not allowed to serve raw food, so all sushi is served smoked. Haven't wanted to try it at any local establishment since.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PRNole47 said:

Was it actually raw or all smoked? I ask because the first, and last, time I had sushi anywhere in Mexico was at our hotel in PV. I was surprised that it was all smoked, not raw. I asked the maitre d' why was it all smoked, and he told me they were not allowed to serve raw food, so all sushi is served smoked. Haven't wanted to try it at any local establishment since.

It was raw unsmoked. Toro. 

A3166F0B-3534-4099-8BB0-A807DFF0B6F5.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’ve never heard of that. Do you believe that it really works? If so, that needs to added that everywhere.

My DH says the Ozone will help destroy bacteria and viruses on surfaces. It is a benign chemical. He is a bio chemist. It does better than nothing I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

Mrs. XBGuy's brother likes to go fishing off Baja California--both the Pacific side and the Sea of Cortez side.  Occasionally, he catches Blue Fin Tuna.  Lucky us.  That means we will be having some Sashimi or some Poke.

😀

• Like 2