Power Strips on Caribbean Princess

I12Cruise

Unless they have changed things in 2018 there was 2, 3 prong plugs. I’ve never seen a 2 prong plug on any Princess ship other than the bathroom. I always take an adapter just in case. Make sure your power strip is not surge protected or they will confiscate it. I also bring a universal adapter that I can use in the European plug. 

Hope that this helps. 

Tom😀

22 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

The 220 outlets are European 2 prong outlets.  That might be what you read about.

The European plugs look like this. That’s why I bring an adapter so I have another socket that I can use. 

Tom😀

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

For what it is worth, I just returned from a Grand Princess cruise in a Window Suite.  Adapt information for your stateroom category.  This information was verified by the Housekeeping Supervisor.  

3 lamps by bed (well, 2 lamps plus lamp on window desk) are 220V European 2 plug outlet.  You will need an adapter and your equipment (CPAP/Heart monitor) needs to have a converter.  If your plug has a black box either at the end or somewhere between unit and plug, then it probably has a converter.

3A88BC88-58AE-4D49-82B1-74AA7A98C610.jpeg

All 5 lamps had USB ports.

There was one 110V outlet behind the television.  TV could be pulled away from the wall.  You would need a multi-outlet here if you wanted to use this outlet with something else.

The desk had one European outlet and one outlet with 2 (three prong) 110V outlets.

Bathroom had the low voltage outlet the powered non-polarized night light.

Edited by cr8tiv1

There is a three pronged outlet so you will be fine.

Also, after hearing that a few people had their power cords taken even though they did not have a surge protector function,  I picked up this four sided plug that also has two USB ports. It was great not having the power strip laying on the desk and I loved having all the extra plugs in a compact fashion. 

08B4C5D8-5788-4B5C-88F4-D92BAAB72672.thumb.jpeg.3005273b322bb14fea13d667f03e3c10.jpeg

I have an Anker 26,800 mah power brick.  It has 3 USB plugs.  Great for charging multiple devices on an airplane or at night on the ship.  During the day, I can leave it plugged into the wall to recharge.

Anker usually has decent deals for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and they're a bit higher than other makers on Amazon, but they use higher quality lithium ion cells.