Symphony Coastal Kitchen Question

LP987

When dining in Coastal Kitchen do you have option to order off the Main Dining Room menu? The menu appeals to my husband but not so much for me. When we were dining in the Celebrity Suite dining room we could order off either so wondering how it will work on Symphony. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, LP987 said:

When dining in Coastal Kitchen do you have option to order off the Main Dining Room menu? The menu appeals to my husband but not so much for me. When we were dining in the Celebrity Suite dining room we could order off either so wondering how it will work on Symphony. Thank you. 

My experience is that Royal is somewhat less flexible than Celebrity when it comes to something like dining changes in their suite dining room. With that being said they may make some substitutions if asked but I wouldn't expect the same level of accommodation to dining request changes as you received in Luminae.

9 hours ago, LP987 said:

When dining in Coastal Kitchen do you have option to order off the Main Dining Room menu?

Not really.  On Oasis class ships, Coastal Kitchen is on deck 17 while the MDR kitchen is many decks below.  

Yes you can.

You can view the Menu in advance before that day.

You can Identify your needs, so the day you dine, you wont have to wait forever and they can send it up from the MDR......hot.

You can talk to "Deacon" the head waiter or ask for one of the best waiters around "Igor" and they will take care of you.

I hope you get Igor, he was awesome as I am sure they all are.

Also, we were spoiled by "Fendi" one very great bartender.

Enjoy CK, we do.

Take care

10 hours ago, LP987 said:

Agree with @lioness- you can. Although it will take longer.

We honestly sometimes prefer the main dining room and will go there for a meal instead of the coastal kitchen (and the service has been outstanding!).

As with all things YMMV 😂

Hope you’re both doing well, hopefully will see you on the seas in 2022!

Edited by AlohaLivin

Thank you all!  I will take another look at menus and maybe make some reservations in MDR. 

Hey AlohaLivin - so good to hear from you. We are doing well and super excited to be sailing again. We leave next Saturday on Symphony. It would be great to cruise with you guys again!  Hope you guys are surviving these crazy times. Tell your hubby hi. 

We told our CK server that we would not be there the next evening because we wanted an entre   from  the dining room.    He offered to get if for us.   He was kind  of him.  BIG mistake.  He must have gotten it several hours prior to dinner as it was a hard mess when he brought it to the table.  

I suggest if a meal  appeals to you, that  you skip CK and enjoy the MDR. 

M

• Like 3

I have not yet sailed on SY but on all of the other ships I have ever sailed on, if I wanted something from the MDR I was always able to get it.

I have found that if you know in advance that you want something (say, lobster tails on lobster night), it is best to let them know ahead of time that you will be ordering it/them.  It just helps them to make advance arrangements so that they won't be running around at the last minute.

The one and only time that I ever got any kind of push-back for such a request was my last cruise on OA.  We were Star Class and I asked for a bowl of mushroom soup from Chops (I had my Genie advise them earlier in the day that I would be asking for it).  The waiter told me that they could not bring it up from Chops b/c it was a "health issue" to transport the soup from one kitchen to another.  Of course, I knew this was BS but I didn't push the issue.  I ordered something else.  A few minutes later, my mushroom soup appeared.  I have NO idea what convinced them.  Perhaps the soup was already on site (since the Genie had pre-ordered it) or they did it b/c we were SC or they just decided that it wasn't that big a deal after all.  I never asked.  I just thanked them for producing it.  That is the only time I ever had any "issue" with ordering something at the CK that was not on the menu....and I've done it dozens of times.

A word of caution regarding ordering lobster at the CK.  If you want the MDR lobster tails [and it's lobster night down in the MDR], make SURE that you ask for the MDR lobster tail.  If you just say, "I'll have the lobster", you will get a very unappealing dish of gelatinous lobster bits in horrible orange sauce.  I made this mistake once...never again.  It is fairly common for CK diners to order the lobster tails on lobster night.  Just be sure you ask for the right thing !

3 hours ago, LP987 said:

Thank you all!  I will take another look at menus and maybe make some reservations in MDR. 

Hey AlohaLivin - so good to hear from you. We are doing well and super excited to be sailing again. We leave next Saturday on Symphony. It would be great to cruise with you guys again!  Hope you guys are surviving these crazy times. Tell your hubby hi. 

Crazy times, no doubt. Mostly surviving. If you would wait until 11/6 we would be there, just stay there and we will be there soon LOL tried to DM you the other day over at the aloha friends mini-board here at CC, check for it. I will tell Eric 🙂

Edited by AlohaLivin

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

The food is better in the MDR than CK.

Disagree.  Even if they started with the same quality of ingredients, its still the difference between cooking for a couple of hundred and several thousand.