Beverage Package Pricing

njkate

On royal Caribbean, serenade of the seas Is DIET TONIC available with the deluxe beverage package? If you have the DBP can you bring cans of soda and bottled water to the room? Can you switch beverage packages once you get on board, or is the price more money?

3 hours ago, harmonysrq said:

If you have the DBP can you bring cans of soda and bottled water to the room? Can you switch beverage packages once you get on board, or is the price more money?

Yes. You may be able to upgrade from refreshment to deluxe on board, but financially, it probably won't make sense vs. buying deluxe online pre-cruise.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, snowbird1 said:

Well maybe not a very recent increase but large increases since pre Covid.  A 12 oz domestic beer is now over $8 with tip.  Pre Covid prices a lot less and you got a 16 oz can, talking Miller Lite, Bud Light, etc. 

So if that's the case, how much is a real beer?  Something like a decent IPA?

On 10/31/2021 at 8:40 PM, alyssamma said:

What sailing is this? I'm on Symphony in April and it's $57.99...

It's on Ovation going to Alaska in June. Is the $57.99 being advertised as 30% off, as that's what ours states it is?

There’s a lot of people out there that can’t go on the cruise and just enjoy the trip without drinking sounds to me like he could just stay home and drink and have your vacation at home there’s plenty of us to go on a cruise just to enjoy ourselves and we don’t need any alcohol to have a great time that’s a big extra expense $60 a day times seven day $420 for one x 2= $840?? That could be another cruise for some of us

18 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

There’s a lot of people out there that can’t go on the cruise and just enjoy the trip without drinking sounds to me like he could just stay home and drink and have your vacation at home there’s plenty of us to go on a cruise just to enjoy ourselves and we don’t need any alcohol to have a great time that’s a big extra expense $60 a day times seven day $420 for one x 2= $840?? That could be another cruise for some of us

Sounds pretty judgy to me. Also... it comes with more than just alcohol. Let people enjoy their vacations how they want. 

• Like 4

Hello.  One of the posters above answered part of my question — if you have a beverage package, do you sign for your drinks?  It appears not . . . So if you want to tip your server, say like at poolside, would you just do that with an extra dollar or two in cash then?  I know the regular gratuity is included in the package price.  But I’ve had great pool servers before, even had one run down special glassware for me before so I could collect a set, and have added an extra tip when signing.  Just wondering if I should plan on carrying some cash around with me at times?  

42 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

Hello.  One of the posters above answered part of my question — if you have a beverage package, do you sign for your drinks?  It appears not . . . So if you want to tip your server, say like at poolside, would you just do that with an extra dollar or two in cash then?  I know the regular gratuity is included in the package price.  But I’ve had great pool servers before, even had one run down special glassware for me before so I could collect a set, and have added an extra tip when signing.  Just wondering if I should plan on carrying some cash around with me at times?  

Cash is always best. When it is funneled through the cruise ships accounting system it’s hard to guarantee it winds up in the right hands.

2 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Do you all drink that much to pay so much money on drinks? You all are killing your body. To each there own but you all must drink a lot to pay these high prices for booze.

Ummm “to each there (sic) own”. So just leave it then….

8 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Sounds to me you should keep your judgy self at home. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Interesting perspective. I'd suggest letting each person decide what value things (that are legal) have. Otherwise, one might suggest no cruising and provide that money to underprivileged families, while you watch videos of the places the cruise would go and "have your vacation at home".  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Judge much?

• Like 1