Formal nights

wendyatpml

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Chic night is pretty much what you want to wear. Many women wear sparkle tops and pants or skirts. Men are asked to wear collared shirts. My DH wears dark jeans and dress shirt on chic nights. 

That sums it up. For men dress jeans and/or slacks and a collared shirt is fine. No need for jacket and tie. Of course if you WANT to go ahead and dress up in a suit, but that will be in the minority.

Last night was EC night and tonight a smart casual night.   Tonight the  Grand Plaza had lots of long gowns, sparkly cocktail dresses, more men in suits than I have seen in 5+years and frequent spotting of tuxedos.  These were all on mid 40s  and under the demographics are changing.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Last night was EC night and tonight a smart casual night.   Tonight the  Grand Plaza had lots of long gowns, sparkly cocktail dresses, more men in suits than I have seen in 5+years and frequent spotting of tuxedos.  These were all on mid 40s  and under the demographics are changing.

Am I misreading your post, or does something seem oddly backwards?  EC doesn't bring out the glam yesterday evening, but a SC night tonight does?

We do dress up for evening chic.  Like to wear dress clothes-  Not evening gowns and tux- but cocktail type attire- DH wears a jacket , shirt and tie-  Fun to celebrate the cruise-especially now.  People haven't cruised in so long time to celebrate!  

Wore sweats and casual clothes for so long- time to dress.

• Like 2