Another “LIVE from the Edge” thread??? Yes it is…….

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I would say that's one of the few negative things that occurred. The selling on embarkation day was annoying and bordered on pushy badgering. 

One other few negative employee encounters was a server in one of the main restaurants told my mother she should use here cell phone to take a picture of his name so she can give him a 10 rating and write his name. 

They did the same thing to us last week on Edge. It was really bad that first day, they were approaching us all over the place. 

On 11/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, Marion B said:

Appreciate the helpful info - mac_tic and kwokpot.  

Eden Cafe also has soup for lunch.  The clam chowder was thinner than New England chowder but very tasty.  We enjoyed the food but the service was very disjointed. You order at the counter.  They handed us our soup and a spoon but no napkin and gave us a pager for the rest of our order. When my DH  went to get our sandwiches  they did not give him napkins or silverware.  Back to the counter. We tried to get a glass of wine but servers kept walking past us. In the end, we were in a beautiful setting at sea so we managed.

• Like 1

Our neighbor was the Odyssey of the Seas. Here are some shots of the North Star taken from the Magic carpet. 

A148B7D2-45BA-4E5B-BBA0-43F699054F83.jpeg

F41B9537-60C6-4782-87CE-E9D357951B93.jpeg

75E29F1E-C9AC-4BBF-83DB-51788D35056B.jpeg
And a couple from the pier:

870F7627-67DD-4DBE-8DE2-1ED033F096FB.jpeg

65D12F53-3E22-492E-83DF-10189D47BF1F.jpeg

5E397E69-F0EE-4BDA-A193-121F1159688A.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

On 10/31/2021 at 8:05 AM, kwokpot said:

Mac_tlc:

I hope you don't mind me contributing to your trip report. 

The captain just did his 10am daily report. He announced no reported cases or suspected cases of covid, and he will do a daily update of this status. Our next port of call is Roatan which requires a ship sponsored tour to disembark the ship. 

Wait....what??  You can't book a local excursion in Roatan??

16 minutes ago, aztraveler50 said:

Wait....what??  You can't book a local excursion in Roatan??

No you can’t. At least this week . Can’t get off ship unless on Celebrity sponsored excursion. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Actually didn’t even have to arrange anything to dine in the MDRs.  I just showed up and they seated me.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:31 AM, mac_tlc said:

Today is our first port day, Roatan. Right now it looks cloudy with some rain. We are staying onboard today and visiting the Solarium. No Luminae for lunch on port days. Here are the offerings:

7FF272C3-3565-4299-8B70-583FC215AE4F.jpeg

We did Petit Chef and that will probably be our only specialty restaurant this trip. We will do Eden on Apex in January. We like Lumimae as much for the smaller size as anything. We have Jose as our waiter— this is our third cruise with him. 

mac_tlc

I see that Blu says "AquaClass Exclusive".  Are Suite/Retreat guests allowed in Blu?

1 hour ago, Captain_Nice said:

There are no people in your photographs, but that can be nice too.

😂😂😂😂😂

In most cases, that is not a coincidence. I will typically wait for a shot until there are no people in it, like the Nachi pool pictures. I have always thought that, unless I know them, the pix look better without people in them, especially around the ship.  Of course, it’s a little easier now with the lower capacity

mac_tlc

• Like 1

8 hours ago, loge23 said:

True. I think I was pitched on the wine tasting before my order was taken at first lunch.

Also, I think the line should be more transparent about the value of these "10" ratings. Are crew members being penalized for anything less than 10's? Let's face it, crew members that really deserve a 10, should never have to ask for it. 

Yes. If they don’t get at least a 9 or 10, they are seriously penalized by the algorithm that determines how much they get from the Pool. So please be generous with your praises on your reviews. 

• Like 1

We went to Normandie for dinner last night, for something a little different. We just walked up at about 6 and were seated immediately. With the reduced passenger count it was no issue. Here is the menu:

AAA5984A-22A8-49C6-BB93-8EDE1ED80291.jpeg

27DBB1FE-EA44-4DBC-A6B3-D07159528861.jpeg

When we were headed back to the room, we ran into Marko  the top guy at Luminae. He asked how dinner was, we said we went to Normandie for a change. He said that was good….and just ask at Luminae and they can make almost anything you want whether it’s on the menu or not. Nothing like friendly competition!!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, loge23 said:

Love Nachi Cocom - the food and pool looks as good as usual. Nice to see.

It was great, probably about 40 or so folks. There were three ships in port. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

It was great, probably about 40 or so folks. There were three ships in port. 

mac_tlc

It will be our first time in Cozumel when we sail Apex in 2 weeks and we are booked at Nachi Coco. 

Is it fairly simple to find transportation to get there and back?

2 hours ago, truckswain said:

It will be our first time in Cozumel when we sail Apex in 2 weeks and we are booked at Nachi Coco. 

Is it fairly simple to find transportation to get there and back?

Piece of cake. Once you are into the shop area of the pier, follow the signs to “taxi “.  They will lead you through the shop area. Taxi rates in Cozumel are fixed and posted. No surprises. To Nachi Cocom, it’s $17 one way for up to four people. Not Per Person!!!!. We give the driver  $20. Sometimes you can find someone to share the ride—— check the roll call for your sailing. When you are ready to leave, the staff will call a cab. Tell the driver the ship and there you are!!!! 

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While we are talking Nachi Cocum, I’d like to rely a tale of our arrival there. We have been there at least 10 times so you think I would know the drill. Make sure you have your reservation that they send you via e-mail. Make sure you have enough cash or a credit card to pay the balance when you arrive. 

I failed both counts. I was able to email myself the confirmation so I had it on my phone. But forgetting the credit card is a big issue. I did not bring enough cash to get in and get a taxi back. 

Those if you who have been there know there is a lady that takes your picture on arrival. I told her the problem with the credit card. She said “Oh boy”. We talked about some possible options. I knew the credit card number etc, but she said they need to swipe something. Then she asked if I had PayPal. I said yes, if they take it I’m all set! She said they don’t but if you can pay pal the $$ to her she would give me the cash to get in. We were standing right next to each other, she gave me her PayPal ID and then she gave me the $$ before the PayPal even went through—- saved our day!!! 

So, if you go there, say “hi” to Ivonne for us (Mike and Terri, the Paypal couple), and consider supporting her photo business. She was a great person to us!! 

mac_tlc

• Like 5

22 hours ago, aztraveler50 said:

I see that Blu says "AquaClass Exclusive".  Are Suite/Retreat guests allowed in Blu?

They are AquaClass exclusive. But if you are in a suite, you can ask your Retreat host to make a reservation at Blu. Otherwise, your main dining room is Luminae.

Thanks mac_tic and kwokpot, for continuing to provide more info on eating venues.  I think I am on my way to earning a PhD on  Edge eating options.

Can you see Luminae and main dining room dinner menus in advance?  On the app?  If you want to try Blu one night, do you have to clear it with the concierge?

The problem I see with being on this ship is trying to choose from many good options.

Kwokpot - I am a fan of the Celebrity buffet.  The best paella I ever had - rivalling Spain - was on one of their ships.  I will be looking for the mussels you mentioned.

2 hours ago, Marion B said:

Thanks mac_tic and kwokpot, for continuing to provide more info on eating venues.  I think I am on my way to earning a PhD on  Edge eating options.

Can you see Luminae and main dining room dinner menus in advance?  On the app?  If you want to try Blu one night, do you have to clear it with the concierge?

The problem I see with being on this ship is trying to choose from many good options.

Kwokpot - I am a fan of the Celebrity buffet.  The best paella I ever had - rivalling Spain - was on one of their ships.  I will be looking for the mussels you mentioned.

You can view all the menus on the app. 
1) Open the app

2) At the top are three icons, click on the one on theright that looks like a person.

3) Click on “select a different sailing “.

4) click on “get more information on ships we support “

5) in the ship list click on Celebrity Edge

6) click on a date of the ones listed, preferably a near term one.

7) then you can get to the restaurant list and look at the menus every night z

mac_tlc

Observation: It's the second chic night and I have yet to see anyone, man or woman, in formal wear. I estimate less than 5% of men wearing a jacket. You would stand out more if you wore formal wear than jeans and a polo shirt. 

Edited by kwokpot

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Observation: It's the second chic night and I have yet to see anyone, man or woman, in formal wear. I estimate less than 5% of men wearing a jacket. You would stand out more if you wore formal wear than jeans and a polo shirt. 

I have a jacket and tie on, at least for the next hour.

I agree it’s not a high percentage. 

Edited by mac_tlc