Buffets

tuputts

36 minutes ago, tuputts said:

Anybody back from a recent cruise can you describe the details of the buffet.

We were on the Majestic in August. The buffet was different, in that staff behind the counter dishes up most foods. We had no problem getting what we wanted, in the quantity we wanted. Just tell them, and they'll do it. There were some self-serve, pre-plated items such as little salad cups and some desserts. We were fine with the buffet for the limited times we ate there.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It sounds pretty good. I though they would be overfilling everyone's plate with each item.

No, they're pretty good about that. I'm one of those folks who likes "just a spoonful of this and a half a spoonful of that." Didn't have any problems getting exactly what I wanted. 😃

23 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Glad to hear this. I am one of what seems to be a minority who often prefers the buffet or International Cafe to the dining room. I like a salad and a bit of this and that. Sounds like the new process is working. Looking forward to the Enchanted later this year. 

My DW is the same way. She would just as soon eat in the buffet, especially making her own salad.

When we were on a HAL ship that served at the buffet, they did always give her more of each ingredient than she would have done herself.

We were on the Grand in early October.... As mentioned above, items behind the counters were dished out by the staff. Items on the islands were in individual containers (see pictures) The only problem was the containers fill up your plate quickly and are subject to falling off. It would be nice if they provided a spot were you could dump the contents onto your plate, then drop off the container.

20211004_132015.jpg

20211004_132007.jpg