Heating Pad

cruiseracer

Cruising in 2 weeks. My better-half is dealing with back issues and a heating pad helps big time. Carnival says no-no to bringing one from home. Does anyone know if an HP might be available after boarding? 30 minutes per day would make her cruise much more enjoyable, therefore making mine better too. 😀

Thanks for any input... 

I suspect the issue is with the electrical draw a heating pad would impose on their electrical system, so I doubt would be available onboard either. This older thread was on the same topic:

Might time in the hot tub help, as another option to those provided in the above thread?

I have a tube pillow filled with microbeads that I tuck behind my back. It gets warm while I sleep by accumulating body heat (no power or batteries). This combination of support and warmth works for me. It's very soft and floppy, so easy to pack. There's a variety of them on Amazon, but I would avoid the ones that say they stay cool.

• Like 1

A hot water bottle will be a great substitute for a heating pad, especially as you are only looking for 30 minutes of heat at a time. You may have to refill once after 15 minutes, or you may find that it stays hot enough for the entire time. It is also easier to pack, and no worries about extension cords and such.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I suspect the issue is with the electrical draw a heating pad would impose on their electrical system, so I doubt would be available onboard either.

A typical heating pad only draws about 55-60 watts of power, so just about what a small light bulb will use.  There is no problem with the power draw from a heating pad, it is the ability to generate heat that is the problem.  Even those with "auto-off" switches, are dangerous, as the switch is typically the part that fails most often, on any heating appliance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pengu1n said:

Or you could go old school, and bring a hot water bottle.

Don't even know if they still exist, but that's what I was going to suggest! Or a TENS unit, doesn't heat but can give some relief, fairly inexpensive.