Navica App and Binax Test

DiRonT

How far in advance of the tests date should I or could I download the app?  Also, since there are 2 tests per box and we plan to use for me and dh, do we just register once?  Finally, if you are not supposed to break the seal on the box until the procter is watching, what happens with the 2nd person taking the 2nd test in the box?  

You will each need your own account for them to send the results to.  You can do this at any time before the test.  I would be careful about 2 tests for 2 people, if there is something wrong with the test, you accidentally drop it during testing (seen people on YouTube even do this), or it comes back as inconclusive you are going to be in a pickle.  Unless you already have a backup plan.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

You will each need your own account for them to send the results to.  You can do this at any time before the test.  I would be careful about 2 tests for 2 people, if there is something wrong with the test, you accidentally drop it during testing (seen people on YouTube even do this), or it comes back as inconclusive you are going to be in a pickle.  Unless you already have a backup plan.

Thanks for this and yes, we do have  backup, although it will be costly if we have to go there.

2 hours ago, BabySarge said:

Okay, not proud and going to let my stupid show and ask....can you only do these tests using a smartphone?

I too wonder about this. I cannot imagine attempting it without a laptop.  And I use my smartphone alot....like right now!

Edited by Buckeye10640

42 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I too wonder about this. I cannot imagine attempting it without a laptop.  And I use my smartphone alot....like right now!

I bought 3 tests and used 1 for familiarization.  The other 2 will be live on Thanksgiving Day.  I used my laptop and asked several questions.  The proctor was very patient and efficient.  The only slightly awkward part was when the proctor asked to see the test swab as it was processing.  Since I had to leave the swab on the table I had to rotate the laptop 90 degrees until she could see it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tall Valley Cruiser said:

Suggestion- do not let proctor rush you through the process. If you are unsure at any point ask for clarification. Be careful with keeping the specimen card flat and do not move and as mentioned be careful with swab and with drops on specimen card. Good luck.

Great advice - thanks so much.  We will take our time.  My dh has a little trouble with shaky hands so we are hopeful he will be able to do this because I don't believe they will let me help him.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  Maybe now I can relax a little bit about this testing prior to boarding requirement....I'll still stress about it because that's just me but at least now I have answers and understand the process a lot better.  

On 11/1/2021 at 10:27 AM, BabySarge said:

Okay, not proud and going to let my stupid show and ask....can you only do these tests using a smartphone?

The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.  You asked, so you're ahead of the game.

I intended to use my smartphone for my test, but eMed didn't like the version of Android on the phone I had at the time, so I had to pull out my laptop.  I was able to do the test from start to finish using it.

I think you either need a smartphone, a laptop, or a PC with a webcam and a microphone.  Any of those should work.

• Thanks 1

I think I will have to use my Smart phone to do the test as our internet connection isn't too reliable and we often have to refresh.  After watching a video on the process, it said if there was an interruption, as in service, I am guessing, the test was invalid and would have to start over.

I can see myself having trouble.  Also, do we really need separate email addresses?  My husband doesn't have one.

9 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I think I will have to use my Smart phone to do the test as our internet connection isn't too reliable and we often have to refresh.  After watching a video on the process, it said if there was an interruption, as in service, I am guessing, the test was invalid and would have to start over.

I can see myself having trouble.  Also, do we really need separate email addresses?  My husband doesn't have one.

It's very easy to set one up for him. He doesn't ever have to use it for something else.

Problems we had with BinaxNOW.  3 of us tested

first only a few process issues on phone

second came back as inconclusive then further issues with second kit multi calls to abbot.

Third my kit had an empty dropper bottle  - luckily there was enough in the kit used by the second person.

I had concerns about having issues with test and had gone to CVS sat at 11am it is 32 hours later still no results scheduled to cruise tomorrow.

the binax kits are not cheap — but you need to have at least one extra in case of problems.  I’m a nervous Nellie so won’t cruise again until testing not required. The 2 day requirement leaves out options  no way to know if you need a back up kit and they don’t last indefinitely.

• Thanks 1