Condition of Summit?

TomTN

We have sailed on X about 15 times, but not since 2017. Just got burned out and needed a change. All the food started to taste the same, and when you sail primarily on one line you notice every cost cutting change. 

We are ready for another X cruise. How is condition of Summit these days?

1 minute ago, TomBeckCruise said:

We have sailed on X about 15 times, but not since 2017. Just got burned out and needed a change. All the food started to taste the same, and when you sail primarily on one line you notice every cost cutting change. 

We cruised on the Summit September 2019 (post revolution) and she was in great shape. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Summit and Millennium were the two M-Class ships renovated just before the pandemic hit.

• Thanks 1

Was on the October 18 sailing — Summit is in great shape.  Our cabin is just about completely redone.  The only thing I didn’t like is the pillows.  Publix rooms beautiful — especially loved the Solarium.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

We cruised on the Summit September 2019 (post revolution) and she was in great shape. 

@TomBeckCruise

Hi Tom, we were on the same cruise as @davekathy; the Summit had recently been "revolutionized" and she was beautiful.  Here's a review with photos that I posted; we wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Summit again.

Judith 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

1 hour ago, true45 said:

Was on the October 18 sailing — Summit is in great shape.  

31 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I've been on twice in the last 3 months, and she's in great shape 

I was on the Summit in September and what can I say?  I thought she was in great shape. 🤪

Thanks for the replies. I was able to book a concierge class cabin on the NE/Canada  cruise 8-31-22. The last balcony cabin available. Someone must have cancelled.

We will cancel our similar HAL cruise today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Disappointing that the NE/Canada cruises are (at least for now) out of Boston instead of Bayonne. 

I agree. Not only were the cruises out of Bayonne longer, but it was really nice to have a sea day after embarkation, before several ports in a row. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

it was really nice to have a sea day after embarkation, before several ports in a row. 

Definitely. The one we did went to Corner Brook, NF. I never saw it on the itinerary after that. 

I knew your username rang a bell. I recall reading some of your posts on the Antarctica section of CC - relative to drive-by (which I did on the Infinity) compared to your explorations. I specifically recall your enjoyment of the "motion of the ocean" regarding crossing the Drake!  

Edited by OnTheJourney