Is Booking a Cabin for a Friend allowed?

Jcol5786

Sorry but I've never seen this asked. We know a couple who are very good friends who have never cruised. They are planning to retire next year and have indicated that they would like to go on a cruise with us. I'm sure they will have a great time. I always book our cruises directly with RC, I book early and watch prices and get the best deal possible for us. Would I be able to book 2 rooms and provide RC with their names? I assume that if I book two rooms and split the cost it would be less for them as we receive a balcony discount.  Or, are multiple room bookings only allowed for related family members?

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Sorry but I've never seen this asked. We know a couple who are very good friends who have never cruised. They are planning to retire next year and have indicated that they would like to go on a cruise with us. I'm sure they will have a great time. I always book our cruises directly with RC, I book early and watch prices and get the best deal possible for us. Would I be able to book 2 rooms and provide RC with their names? I assume that if I book two rooms and split the cost it would be less for them as we receive a balcony discount.  Or, are multiple room bookings only allowed for related family members?

Thanks

You can book many rooms as you like you do not have to be related family members,  make sure the name is how it appears on there passport . What is your balcony discount? If it's for been Dimond they need to be Dimond too.😇

46 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Thanks

I do it all the time but through a agent.

They even send their correspondence to me .

The only problem is I usually pay their deposit with my credit card to make things easier.  If there’s a Credit from a cancelation it will be in their name and it won’t be refunded to you.
It can get complicated as you rebook something and some of the people can’t go .And The credit can’t be transferred.

13 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

You can book many rooms as you like you do not have to be related family members,  make sure the name is how it appears on there passport . What is your balcony discount? If it's for been Dimond they need to be Dimond too.😇

I see. So I guess 1 room would get the Diamond discount and the second would be at the normal rate.

37 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

I see. So I guess 1 room would get the Diamond discount and the second would be at the normal rate.

Yes ,but sometimes other discounts are more than the Diamond one and they are not combinable .🙂

1 hour ago, Jcol5786 said:

The other way to do that is to book the Diamond spouses one in each room (and each gets the discount) with one of the other spouses in each room... then on board you get keys to the other room and each sleep with your own spouse (or not, whatever everyone agrees to!  LOL).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, brillohead said:

The other way to do that is to book the Diamond spouses one in each room (and each gets the discount) with one of the other spouses in each room... then on board you get keys to the other room and each sleep with your own spouse (or not, whatever everyone agrees to!  LOL).

We've done this many times with friends and our grand kids.

Another benefit is with a D or D+member in each cabin both cabins get the C&A perks like wine/drinks in the cabin and others. Grand kids loved getting their own chocolate strawberries and cookies. They ate theirs and most of ours also.

We got double the alcohol which we only drank when with the grans kids, as they were minors, which made up for them getting our other treats.

Edited by robtulipe

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

Thanks for this suggestion.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, robtulipe said:

Another benefit is with a D or D+member in each cabin both cabins get the C&A perks like wine/drinks in the cabin and others.

Just to clarify, they would only get the in-cabin benefits, not the SeaPass card benefits (drink vouchers, laundry, D club access, etc.).