Equinox Ironing Room ?

justhavingfun

Hello, new to Celebrity not cruising, I have learned that they don’t have self serve laundry rooms on Equinox do they have a room to iron your clothes for the dress up nights for dinner or do you have to send it off to get pressed. Will be on the 12 night Nov 28 cruise. Wife wants to know , Thank You for taking the time to reply. Also I just would like to thank everyone who takes the time to do a review of your cruise, those who do live reviews and for those that just take the time to answer poster’s questions. All of you ( woman & men ) deserve a pat on the back and a handshake for a job well done , Even when I have to grab the popcorn because it’s getting vocal, at least we are discussing something we all love. So to all of you THANKS 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No ironing room & irons or steamers are nit allowed.  So options are pack with plastic bags, bring wrinkle release, hang in the bathroom while you take a hot, steamy shower or use a rolling garment bag ( our choice) or send items out to be pressed 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Or, the other options are only pack clothes that don’t wrinkle,  is just ignore the wrinkles, and know that your fellow passengers won’t notice or care.

LOL of course some of us will notice and care and come back here to comment about all the ill presented clothing on Chic Night...

The way I look at it, is, if it is not wrinkled at the beginning of the evening, it will be by the end!!! LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, 39august said:

Chic NIghts are not formal nights. No need for cocktail dress or suits. Pack something that doesn't wrinkle much. 

Absolutely correct, yet in the abstract there are a few of us who desire to continue to dress for X's Chic/Formal Nights regardless.

This does not mean that those who choose to dress ' Country Club Casual' as the FAQ's for Chic Nights dress suggests, it also allows for formal attire, as well.

If someone wants something that wrinkles a lot, just know sending it to the laundry at least two (2) days before its' needed, for pressing, is a great alternative...

bon voyage

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Absolutely correct, yet in the abstract there are a few of us who desire to continue to dress for X's Chic/Formal Nights regardless.

This does not mean that those who choose to dress ' Country Club Casual' as the FAQ's for Chic Nights dress suggests, it also allows for formal attire, as well.

If someone wants something that wrinkles a lot, just know sending it to the laundry at least two (2) days before its' needed, for pressing, is a great alternative...

bon voyage

Heck Bo, you not only dress up for chic night, you dress up for your CruiseCritic photo!  

love it!  

im packing a few bow ties for my upcoming cruise. 2weeks and starting to put stuff aside. 

den

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Get Downey Wrinkle Release they sell it in travel size. It works Everytime!  I even use it at home instead of dragging out my iron.

Given the ingredients (largely water and alcohol), not sure I'd want to try that on many suit fabrics, especially when the instructions say "until just slightly damp".  Might be OK for shirts.

42 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Heck Bo, you not only dress up for chic night, you dress up for your CruiseCritic photo!  

love it!  

im packing a few bow ties for my upcoming cruise. 2weeks and starting to put stuff aside. 

den

Thanks den - I Am sure you will look quite dandy in your bow ties...

Have fun dressing up!!!

bon voyage

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Given the ingredients (largely water and alcohol), not sure I'd want to try that on many suit fabrics, especially when the instructions say "until just slightly damp".  Might be OK for shirts.

Alcohol?  Is this a way of smuggling booze on board??

den

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ironing + vacation = this does not compute

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Ironing + vacation = this does not compute

A few years ago on a thread about reducing packing, a woman posted her husband refused to wear a shirt or pants a 2nd time and insisted they be ironed and perfect so she had to pack multiple suitcases. 

i responded, “I guess we know who doesn’t do the laundry, iron or put anything away in your family! Ask him to wash those shirts he only wore once and see how long not wearing them again lasts!”

she didn’t respond but more than a few women did!

i once suggested we look at renting an RV and go zipping around the US on a vacation. My wife explained very clearly that taking the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom with us wasn’t her idea of a vacation. 

we cruise!

den

den

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

A few years ago on a thread about reducing packing, a woman posted her husband refused to wear a shirt or pants a 2nd time and insisted they be ironed and perfect so she had to pack multiple suitcases. 

i responded, “I guess we know who doesn’t do the laundry, iron or put anything away in your family! Ask him to wash those shirts he only wore once and see how long not wearing them again lasts!”

she didn’t respond but more than a few women did!

i once suggested we look at renting an RV and go zipping around the US on a vacation. My wife explained very clearly that taking the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom with us wasn’t her idea of a vacation. 

we cruise!

den

That is me, and now that I have one (1) bag of laundry for each sailing, that works out well by day four (4) the only thing that has to be paid for is ironing!!! LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

I never use much of the  clothing spray you only need a little. You don't need much. And if it doesn't work to take out all of the wrinkles I put the hair dryer to it.