FDR announcement fron Oceania's Cruisers FB Group

USNA 72

Just saw this; but no corroboration yet.

An important announcement made to by Frank DelRio, CEO of NCLH concerning all 3 brands  (NCL, Regent and Oceania). Guests with reservation starting after January 1, 2022 up to March 2022 also received a letter by email

November 3, 2021

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We have been working tirelessly to provide you with the safest cruise experience possible by further refining our health and safety protocols as well as by requiring everyone who sails with us - both guests and crew - to be fully vaccinated.

Given existing public health concerns and our commitment to protect guests, crew and the communities we visit, **we are extending our vaccination policy requirement indefinitely.**

Until today, that policy was in place only for cruises embarking up to December 31, 2021

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I guess I didn’t realize that the vaccination requirement had an end date. Have unvaccinated passengers been purchasing cruises that embark in 2022 and beyond?

I didn't realize that thete was a planned end date either.  Family has booked a 25 March sailing with with 8 year old grandson(currently unvaccinated), however, intent had always been to get him vaccinated or cancel.  

PS. We haven't recieved any sort of notification yet , either.

Greg

Edited by USNA 72
Added PS

3 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We haven’t received any notification.

Does fully vaccinated now include a booster shot? 

No, because the CDC hasn't changed its definition of fully vaccinated to include a booster. I don't think that's going to happen until a much larger percentage of the population qualifies for a booster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We haven’t received any notification.

Does fully vaccinated now include a booster shot? 

3 minutes ago, USNA 72 said:

Now there's a great question.

Oceania's protocols still say "To be fully vaccinated means to have completed the full brand vaccination protocol at least 15 days prior to embarkation. Therefore two administered doses/shots of AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sinopharm or Sinovac or a single shot of a single dose vaccination + 15 days equals fully vaccinated."

Until the CDC changes its definition of fully vaccinated to include a booster NCLH won't.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, marieps said:

I'm more concerned about the mask policy.

Having sailed in Europe this past summer, I found the protocols sometimes annoying but never abusive.

I do have a couple of questions that I haven’t seen answered by those aboard or recently sailed:

1. Are the saunas and steam rooms open for use? If so, Are masks required therein?

2. Are the whirlpools and/or Tpools open for use?

3. Are masks required around the pool deck, or just physical distancing?

4.  With such small numbers currently aboard, this question may not be currently answerable, but how are capacity limits being administered in the Lounge? Are reservations required for the evening shows? 

5. Since masks are required on all public transportation, are they also required on the tenders? Are strict capacity controls being applied to the tenders? This will be extremely important once passenger headcount increases to historical norms. Getting on and off the ship, via tenders, could take double the hours in the near future.

An important announcement made to by Frank DelRio, CEO of NCLH concerning all 3 brands  (NCL, Regent and Oceania). Guests with reservation starting after January 1, 2022 up to March 2022 also received a letter by email

November 3, 2021

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We have been working tirelessly to provide you with the safest cruise experience possible by further refining our health and safety protocols as well as by requiring everyone who sails with us - both guests and crew - to be fully vaccinated.

Given existing public health concerns and our commitment to protect guests, crew and the communities we visit, **we are extending our vaccination policy requirement indefinitely.**

Until today, that policy was in place only for cruises embarking up to December 31, 2021

Update:

I just received this from a VP at O ..

This is incorrect, Oceania and Regent always had an indefinite vaccination mandate, we never gave an end date. Only NCL guests were sent the letter because NCL had two prior expiration dates on theirs.

Jancruz1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I just received this from a VP at O ..

This is incorrect, Oceania and Regent always had an indefinite vaccination mandate, we never gave an end date. Only NCL guests were sent the letter because NCL had two prior expiration dates on theirs.

Jancruz1

Thanks Jan, I was hoping thinking this may have been pulled out of context or incorrectly reported.  That's why I made the comment about "no corroboration" yet.  Appreciate the follow up.

Greg

21 minutes ago, gdlamberth said:

Thanks Jan, I was hoping thinking this may have been pulled out of context or incorrectly reported.  That's why I made the comment about "no corroboration" yet.  Appreciate the follow up.

Greg

My pleasure Greg..

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

1. Are the saunas and steam rooms open for use? If so, Are masks required therein?

They are open but it was one at a time. And one at a time in the changing room.

2. Are the whirlpools and/or Tpools open for use?

Yes 

3. Are masks required around the pool deck, or just physical distancing?

Once seated they are not necessary.

4.  With such small numbers currently aboard, this question may not be currently answerable, but how are capacity limits being administered in the Lounge? Are reservations required for the evening shows? 
No reservations for the shows - you must wear masks. Not all seats available. When you say lounge do you mean Horizons? Mass worn until you sit down. Most seats were available. 

5. Since masks are required on all public transportation, are they also required on the tenders? Are strict capacity controls being applied to the tenders? This will be extremely important once passenger headcount increases to historical norms. Getting on and off the ship, via tenders, could take double the hours in the near future.

Masks were required on the tenders. I did not see anyone being turned away for capacity reasons. Tenders were always full. 

Based on my observations/experience from 10/18 sailing on Riviera

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clairol said:

Based on my observations/experience from 10/18 sailing on Riviera

Thank you!  🙏

By Lounge I meant the Lounge where the evening shows are performed and the enlightenment classes are given. I’m guessing masks are required for both.

Happy that Oceania is extending vaccination mandate.  It isn’t over.  In the US, any company with 100+ employees must be fully vaccines by Jan. 4th.  Kids 5-11 just started to get vaccinated.  The more people who get vaccinated, the safer for all.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Happy that Oceania is extending vaccination mandate.  It isn’t over.  In the US, any company with 100+ employees must be fully vaccines by Jan. 4th.  Kids 5-11 just started to get vaccinated.  The more people who get vaccinated, the safer for all.   

Please  read #14

Jancruz1