South Africa Cruises

lgaston

Does anyone have any information about Azamara's South African cruises this winter. We are booked in February and do hope we can go but I cannot find any information at all confirming or setting out restrictions.

• Like 1

We have had 3 crises cancelled  and just continue to hope that South Africa will go ahead. We are booked on 20 February and I know this route starts in January so I was hoping that someone on one of the earlier cruises may have had an update. We are hoping no news is good news, but as ever week goes by with no information we are now worried. South Africa was on the UK 'red' list of no go countries but its off that list now and travel by air is allowed but it seems the ports are not open yet. Lets hope for the best.

We are booked on Jan 3, 2022, with pre-cruise safari.  Fingers crossed everything is a go.  Received a call from TA and Azamara direct, confirming passport info and flight info, a few weeks ago.  Sounds promising. 

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 1

Hi

I am so pleased to hear from you all, especially  those going on the 3 January trip. We have had the info from Azamara about the excursions but its great to hear that they are collecting passport and flight details for the earlier cruise.  We are really keen to go so fingers crossed.

16 hours ago, lgaston said:

Hi

I am so pleased to hear from you all, especially  those going on the 3 January trip. We have had the info from Azamara about the excursions but its great to hear that they are collecting passport and flight details for the earlier cruise.  We are really keen to go so fingers crossed.

A friend and I are also on this sailing. Do you have any interest in independent excursions?

On 11/5/2021 at 3:08 PM, capsplace said:

We are booked on Jan 3, 2022, with pre-cruise safari.  Fingers crossed everything is a go.  Received a call from TA and Azamara direct, confirming passport info and flight info, a few weeks ago.  Sounds promising. 

A friend and I are also on this cruise with a precruise Safari and are looking for excursion suggestions once we embark.

We are booked on 8th Feb cruise and have today called Azamara to pay final balance, the lady I spoke to in reservations said the word from the leadership team is all planned South Africa cruises will go ahead-and currently there aren’t any itinerary changes pending.
Also visas for Mozambique are going to be available on board for $50 each.

Sue

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 9:44 PM, 30thanniversarycruiser said:

We are interested in Jan. 27.... Have you found any roll calls? Thanks,

Kathy

We are booked on the 1/27/2022 cruise.  It's on the Pursuit and is a go.  If you go to the find your Roll Call , you will see it there

Looking like there could be problems for the South African cruises, due to a new COVID variant BBC are saying from 12.00 GMT tomorrow 26th November,  6 southern African countries (including South Africa) will be added to the U.K. red list. All flights will be suspended and hotel quarantine required for all arrivals.

Just when you think things are getting better there’s another twist.

Pursuit recently refuelled at sea near Malta, MarineTraffic is showing Gibraltar as it’s destination but by 22nd November. However she’s currently approaching Malaga, so there would appear to be changes afoot.

30EE7023-DE89-456D-831B-F35EC199F99E.thumb.jpeg.8e76c2331b74da7e6e6035be316266e4.jpeg

Edited by Riocca

From what I can see, and I am no expert by any means, she left a port in Greece on Nov 22 and appears to be in route to Gibraltar with estimated arrival Nov 28. Let’s just hope everything is a go.

Edited by capsplace

We should be boarding the Pursuit in Cape Town Jan. 3, flying out New Year's Eve.

Now it appears we will be home for New Year's Day.

If Azamara has to cancel our cruise, will they refund the money?  We just paid the balance due a couple weeks ago.

2 hours ago, sansterre said:

We should be boarding the Pursuit in Cape Town Jan. 3, flying out New Year's Eve.

Now it appears we will be home for New Year's Day.

If Azamara has to cancel our cruise, will they refund the money?  We just paid the balance due a couple weeks ago.

In the past, when a cruise has been canceled, there has been an option of a 100% refund or 125% FCC