A few of us got covid on the Magic's Oct 23rd sailing. Who and how do I report it to Carnival?

ohioNCLcruiser

Thanks for the concerns everyone. Yes we followed the mast protocols and are big believers in them. I did notice that more and more were walking around inside without their masks on. The crew did their best to try to remind everyone when entering a dining area or venue. I noticed during my four return to service cruises that Carnival is the only one that still allows people to serve themselves in the buffet, touch tongs, condiments etc. I wonder if that is an area they can put safer policies in place? The crew on this cruise was wonderful I must say. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Embem said:

What app is this? I have the one from my state health department, but is there a general one/one for cruisers? If so, I'd like to install before my December cruise! 

I have a Samsung phone and if you go to Settings and scroll to Google services it had a covid exposure that you can turn on.

7 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

I have a Samsung phone and if you go to Settings and scroll to Google services it had a covid exposure that you can turn on.

Oh! I see. I actually have had that enabled on my phone since last year, but just thought there was maybe something different I was missing. 😅 I have my state's "CovidAware" app that pulls from that setting to notify me of any exposures (assuming others also have it enabled) - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something "cruise specific" for covid exposure notifications. 

I am a little nervous about catching covid/spreading covid on vacation; I don't want to miss out on any of the helpful tools! Given OP's experience, I want to be extra cautious! 

5 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I don't believe any contact tracing is being done, or has been done for a very long time. As far as I know, it is up to me to let me close contacts know. When I tested positive, the nurse called and said, "you're positive, quarantine for 10 days or until 2 days after symptoms stop". End of discussion and instructions. Didn't ask about recent travel, close contacts, etc.

I happened to meet a lady on breeze and follow up stats is all she does.

I think she worked in Arkansas. She asks who you have been in contact with, age, symptoms, vaccinated or not. They keep stats on every positive case. Not for your benefit, but for the state. She said some needed to answer in order to get a form to return to work. 

• Like 1

The cdc.gov website has a color code assigned to cruise ships. Carnival Magic got a yellow rating, meaning Reported cases of COVID-19 have met the threshold for CDC investigation

It says the CDC has investigated and the ship remains under observation. This is based on data through 11/4/21.

Edited by nlktx49
Add date
  • Like 2