Brand new Medallion app published today

PRNole47

v3.5 just became available today. It may help somebody but it did not resolve any of the problems I've had since July. No ability to input any info in the Travel Checklist, all resulting in an endless "loading" loop, frozen screen, and the "White Screen of Death." 

But...

It may still help someone.

• Thanks 1

Looks like an Apple platform update.  Perhaps them only, as there was a recent Android update and it isn't the usual time of month.  

Here is a summary of updates/fixes from Google Play Store:

WHAT'S NEW

Added MedallionPay Rewards
•Added links to “Manage payment methods”

OceanReady
•Updated Personal Information and Docs section

Preferences
•Updated the UI in the My Preferences menu

Medallion Accessories Ordering
•Updated Lanyard flow in the UI to use the new Medallion holder and for complementary medallions
•Updated the UI flow for customized medallion inserts

Version Number for Android is now 3.0.96561  (hmm, seems like the prev number).
Date was Nov 1, 2021.

The new iOS “update” completely screwed up my next 2 cruises on the app which were okay before this update…way to go PCL techies! 🤨

Since they’ve done such a poor job with the app I’m not expecting much of a functioning web-based site to get OceanReady by the end of the month.

Princess has been successful with one thing…they’ve taken the fun out of getting ready for a cruise. 🥴

• Like 5

On 11/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, PRNole47 said:

v3.5 just became available today. It may help somebody but it did not resolve any of the problems I've had since July. No ability to input any info in the Travel Checklist, all resulting in an endless "loading" loop, frozen screen, and the "White Screen of Death." 

But...

It may still help someone.

I suspect you logged in using your username and password. I had the same problem. I fixed it by logging out. Then log back in, but use your booking number instead. The app has been solid ever since I did this. 

14 minutes ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I suspect you logged in using your username and password. I had the same problem. I fixed it by logging out. Then log back in, but use your booking number instead. The app has been solid ever since I did this. 

Gee, who would think that logging in with a correct username and correct password would not work for any app?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I have logged in both ways, as you have. 

I  have logged in using wifi 

I have logged in without using wifi (to bypass my router)

I have logged in using my iPhone and iPad

I have logged in using my wife's iPhone and iPad

I have deleted and re-installed the apps each time before logging in

I have had the exact same problems since July, no matter what app version I used

Problems are: Unable to add or input any info to any of the submenus in the Travel Checklist that appears after logging in. When trying to do so I either get a frozen app with an endless "Loading" screen, which I have to then remove from memory in order to close it and restart it. Other times the entries lead to what I call the "White Screen of Death" which also freezes the app so that I have to remove it from memory in order to close it.

I will be arriving at the terminal on embarkation day without the working app, lining up at the "Blue Lane" for assistance with the app.

Consider yourself lucky.

@PRNole47  You are not alone.  After a successful back to back, I can reassure you that you do not need the app to work to get onboard the ship.  Just bring hard copies of all your documents (passport, vaccination card, covid test).

Once on board, the app is useful but not necessary to do the following functions:  order drinks, crew chat, find your friends, deck plans, ordering room service, medallion net, charging off the ship, etc.

I fretted and raised my blood pressure for no reason at all.  

Enjoy the reason for getting on the ship...to get away from all your worries and problems for a little while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was on the Oct 23 and Oct 30th cruises on the Majestic. No one looked at arrival times when we arrived at the terminal. We were in green lane and went through very fast.Didn't look like the people in blue lane took too long. So don't stress if your medallion appl. isn't working.

My appl.was fine until we were aboard the ship. Lots of people to help and it then worked great.  I just had to remember that I had to be on airplane mode and Wifi. It was great being able to call family on my phone via wifi when at sea.  Internet was quick on my laptop too.

I used my TV to order food, drinks,etc.Could have done it on my phone but easier to see on the TV. Nothing took longer than a few minutes. Making dining reservations on the Medallion appl was easy. Could check our bill too on phone . So as much frustration I had prior to cruise, the on board experience was worth having it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@PRNole47  You are not alone.  After a successful back to back, I can reassure you that you do not need the app to work to get onboard the ship.  Just bring hard copies of all your documents (passport, vaccination card, covid test).

Once on board, the app is useful but not necessary to do the following functions:  order drinks, crew chat, find your friends, deck plans, ordering room service, medallion net, charging off the ship, etc.

I fretted and raised my blood pressure for no reason at all.  

Enjoy the reason for getting on the ship...to get away from all your worries and problems for a little while.

All true, but since they have an App with promised functionality, we customers should expect it to be working.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

All true, but since they have an App with promised functionality, we customers should expect it to be working.

"Should" .... 

I was on the Caribbean and the Ruby pre-covid that were suppose to be Medallion ready by the time I cruised.  Didn't happen.  Caribbean had "signs" of life.  I could open my door with a cruise card for the Ruby.  I don't recall when Princess made the announcement that all ships were going to be Medallion.  But to my knowledge, they did not meet any of their predicted time lines. 

The funniest has to be their grand horn tooting of the web based "personalizer" for October 2021.  Immediately followed by November and now 2022.  

I am a show me for credibility.  If I were a betting person, I would say that Princess' batting average is way below par.  They "should" be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

Thank you PRNole47 for beginning this thread.  After reading it I went back to the medallion app yesterday and tried (AGAIN) to order our medallions and to take our pictures.  IT WORKED!!  We are finally in the green lane.  For some reason when finalizing our medallion order there were 5 medallions ordered for my husband and none for me.  It would not let me delete my husband’s or add mine.  It will be interesting to see how many we receive in the mail.  Not a big deal.  That can be sorted at the port.