Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Life on Journey continues to be very good. A couple of things 

The Patio is not open in the evening- I’m going to ask if it will open any evening this cruise. 
Ice is on request we’ve had no ice bucket in our room all cruise. Currently we don’t use ice but again I’m going to follow up as we might. Looks like it’s on request only

Edited by uktog
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, uktog said:

Life on Journey continues to be very good. A couple of things 

The Patio is not open in the evening- I’m going to ask if it will open any evening this cruise. 
Ice is on request we’ve had no ice bucket in our room all cruise. Currently we don’t use ice but again I’m going to follow up as we might. Looks like it’s on request only

For the ice, I can’t remember the last time we had an ice bucket on an Azamara cruise, but we are strictly balcony or ocean view customers. We’ve always asked on the rare occasions we wanted some. Is that something that used to be done for the suites without having to ask?

25 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

For the ice, I can’t remember the last time we had an ice bucket on an Azamara cruise, but we are strictly balcony or ocean view customers

We’re balcony cruisers and we had an ice bucket in our cabin on our June Quest cruise. We always asked for ice in the late afternoon.

47 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We’re balcony cruisers and we had an ice bucket in our cabin on our June Quest cruise. We always asked for ice in the late afternoon.

It is very possible that the ice bucket has been there right along, and I just don’t remember it because we use ice so seldom. Only if we have brought a bottle of fizz (aka balcony wine 😁) for the cabin.

Edited by lisiamc

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes that was our experience on Quest in July but this V2 doesn’t seem to get ice. 

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

For the ice, I can’t remember the last time we had an ice bucket on an Azamara cruise, but we are strictly balcony or ocean view customers. We’ve always asked on the rare occasions we wanted some. Is that something that used to be done for the suites without having to ask?

Yes.. we were in a suite and we got ice twice a day! 

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes that was our experience on Quest in July but this V2 doesn’t seem to get ice. 

We had ice on request in our V2 on Quest. No ice when we were on Journey V2, but we never requested. Btw, how is the pianist in the Den? Still Anna Chepikova playing slightly louder than necessary?

Edited by oddjob16

1 hour ago, oddjob16 said:

We had ice on request in our V2 on Quest. No ice when we were on Journey V2, but we never requested. Btw, how is the pianist in the Den? Still Anna Chepikova playing slightly louder than necessary?

She is. She is very good but a little too loud. 

• Like 1

We have been on Pursuit for 23 days now.  Current cruise has gone very well, no missed ports and weather/seas very nice.  Tonight is the last night for this cruise and the show tonight is the fun Elton John show.  Singers and dancers are excellent and our Cruise Director - Emily Love has been terrific.  She goes on vacation Oct 10th, the end of the next cruise in Ravenna.  The ship is in wonderful shape and we have enjoyed her very much. We started our previous cruise in Amsterdam and have explored all the rivers and ports all the way to Barcelona.  Lots of new ports for us.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

We have been on Pursuit for 23 days now.  Current cruise has gone very well, no missed ports and weather/seas very nice.  Tonight is the last night for this cruise and the show tonight is the fun Elton John show.  Singers and dancers are excellent and our Cruise Director - Emily Love has been terrific.  She goes on vacation Oct 10th, the end of the next cruise in Ravenna.  The ship is in wonderful shape and we have enjoyed her very much. We started our previous cruise in Amsterdam and have explored all the rivers and ports all the way to Barcelona.  Lots of new ports for us.

Emily is great. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Just off Pursuit today in Barcelona after a fabulous cruise. Weather and seas were perfect - sunny skies and very calm. The whole crew were excellent particularly the entertainment team led by Emily. Patio was open for dinner sporadically. You needed to check the daily Insider to see whether it was available on a particular night. There were 578 passengers on board for this cruise and 571 for the next one departing today for a 10-day cruise to Ravenna. This information is from a friend who is staying on for a B2B. Looks like occupancy is getting back up to pre-pandemic levels - which is good from a corporate point of view but I'll miss the days of walking around seemingly on a private yacht!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Does Azamara stock Equal (Nutrasweet, Aspartame) sweetener?

Yes Equal Sweet n Lo and Splenda sachets are in all the sugar pots brought to the table in Mosaic or on the table in Windows 

• Thanks 1

Anyone onboard Onward this week and know what champagne they are serving? I note the recent post about the NF substitution on Journey (and on Quest before that) so wondering if the same is applying fleet-wide. Not sailing until Oct 29 and Nov 5, so fingers crossed for a resolution before then! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thatbloominplace said:

any comments about white night. we were on azamara a few years ago and it was fantastic. is it back up to pre-covid standards?

Not quite food offerings are less but certainly on Journey a very extensive selection of music to dance to

56 minutes ago, DS said:

So, today are all four ships in KOPER?   Would someone tell us what, if anything, is going on?

Yes they are.
Here is a picture from Journey  as we all lined up just after dawn. 

9FFD67AD-F289-470E-B673-E243C32A6CE2.thumb.jpeg.2bac11a2b274abc9a2d3162396dfe245.jpeg

2353EF6C-CABF-4021-B91A-9FEB63B40F13.thumb.jpeg.ebba6ec7a693b51239786ad29c0ebb43.jpeg
As I have said on another thread what is going on is not about the guests - far more important it’s about the crew who have been given freedom to go between vessels. It’s been emotional uplifting and I would say very motivational for many of the crew. They are seeing shipboard family many of whom they have not seen since late 2019. Today is the day I for one feel so privileged to even be able to witness that excitement for a few moments that is enough for me. A grand  event ashore  was never going to be an option but think they might manage that next year when they are hoping to get the  ships together again

• Like 19

44 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes they are.
Here is a picture from Journey  as we all lined up just after dawn. 

9FFD67AD-F289-470E-B673-E243C32A6CE2.thumb.jpeg.2bac11a2b274abc9a2d3162396dfe245.jpeg

2353EF6C-CABF-4021-B91A-9FEB63B40F13.thumb.jpeg.ebba6ec7a693b51239786ad29c0ebb43.jpeg
As I have said on another thread what is going on is not about the guests - far more important it’s about the crew who have been given freedom to go between vessels. It’s been emotional uplifting and I would say very motivational for many of the crew. They are seeing shipboard family many of whom they have not seen since late 2019. Today is the day I for one feel so privileged to even be able to witness that excitement for a few moments that is enough for me. A grand  event ashore  was never going to be an option but think they might manage that next year when they are hoping to get the  ships together again

What a wonderful thing to do for all the crews! I can only imagine what a morale booster that must be. Well done Azamara!

• Like 9