Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Just off Pursuit and busing into Venice. Both Onward and Pursuit disembarked this morning and the whole process appeared seamless. Our bus left 3 minutes after the scheduled 8.30 departure. 

Having completed B2B2B, we’ve gained a  good sense of the mood of the crew and they have been wonderful. They’re obviously happy and very attentive. So all credit to the Azamara leadership for being able to reinstitute the crew aspect of what made Azamara our line of choice. I’d be confident it’s the same on the sisters- especially after seeing the joy felt by many crew, catching up with old friends at Koper.

• Like 13

Currently onboard Onward. Very mixed feelings so far. Travel arrangements by Azamara were awful and highly stressful so we arrived in a poor state. 

I can't say I'd call this a luxury cruise and could hear others complaining loudly about arrivals procedures. The cabin is nice but we had to remind staff about what was supposed to be provided. 

Dinner last night was nice. Aqualina breakfast service was frankly poor and the menu much reduced compared to other breakfast venues on the ship. It feels like they don't want to provide it.

So far I'm glad we're back to Viking for our next cruise. 

I'm sure I might change my mind over the next 10 days. Will update.

2 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Currently onboard Onward. Very mixed feelings so far. Travel arrangements by Azamara were awful and highly stressful so we arrived in a poor state. 

I can't say I'd call this a luxury cruise and could hear others complaining loudly about arrivals procedures. The cabin is nice but we had to remind staff about what was supposed to be provided. 

Dinner last night was nice. Aqualina breakfast service was frankly poor and the menu much reduced compared to other breakfast venues on the ship. It feels like they don't want to provide it.

We are also on board and can't really agree with this. The only thing missing from the suite was the tote bag which the butler just delivered due to the supplies only arriving late yesterday. I guess the travel as tainted your impression.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

We are also on board and can't really agree with this. The only thing missing from the suite was the tote bag which the butler just delivered due to the supplies only arriving late yesterday. I guess the travel as tainted your impression.

There are fleet wide issues with tote bags. They are in a container with many other items the ships in Europe are very keen to see. 
I think it’s always unfair to judge a cruise on night 1 whatever the line 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

I think they provide the menu the majority of suite guests want. They will get you what you want just ask. Alternatively there is no one compelling you to eat in Aqualina and the other breakfast venues (MDR, Windows or Mosaic) are all equally pleasant 

• Like 1

We did have the tote bag in our room!! No spirits or flowers etc though.

Good service is good service and we didn't get it this morning in Aqualina. A pity as it was our first breakfast and first impressions count. 

Dinner last night in Discoveries was fine. The Windows buffet was a bunfight!

@BelfastmanI hope you continue to enjoy your cruise.

3 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Good service is good service and we didn't get it this morning in Aqualina. A pity as it was our first breakfast and first impressions count. 

You need to feed this back immediately so they can put it right. Don't let it fester from your first experience. I'm breakfasting in Aqualina on Quest at the moment. Great service and I really enjoy it. 

Phil 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Our flowers arrived day 2 it’s a delivery issue. Spirits is a quick fix with the butler. If you’re looking to be negative you will always find something I suppose. I’d rather focus on the positives like being lucky enough to snag a suite at a much reduced price in the bid up process 

• Like 4

Another reason I like Viking. Apart from anything else, everyone has a balcony. Everyone has access to everything. I also prefer their alcohol policy: wines and beers provided at meals but paid for elsewhere unless one buys the Silver Spirits package. Simpler. 

We've cruised on Cunard in most of its  grades and gave up on them.  Too divisive. 

Maybe Azamara is trying to straddle several types of cruise? 

30 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Another reason I like Viking. Apart from anything else, everyone has a balcony. Everyone has access to everything. I also prefer their alcohol policy: wines and beers provided at meals but paid for elsewhere unless one buys the Silver Spirits package. Simpler. 

We've cruised on Cunard in most of its  grades and gave up on them.  Too divisive. 

Maybe Azamara is trying to straddle several types of cruise? 

Why do you feel compelled to keep telling us how much you prefer Viking?   We've now got the picture.  Honestly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

Frankly, I'm not keen on having a special breakfast venue for suite passengers.  Smacks of elitism and two-class cruising, therefore very unAzamara-like.  Still prefer my breakfast on the sunset (or, more apropos at breakfast, sunrise) veranda.

You know me. I'm of the same opinion, but I really am enjoying the Aqualina breakfasts. I'm a lover of the Sunset Veranda, but we've been plagued by wasps and flies this cruise and I prefer inside just now. It regulates the traffic in north venues too. Not so crowded. 

Phil 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You know me. I'm of the same opinion, but I really am enjoying the Aqualina breakfasts. I'm a lover of the Sunset Veranda, but we've been plagued by wasps and flies this cruise and I prefer inside just now. It regulates the traffic in north venues too. Not so crowded. 

Phil 

I think the other thing you say is it's done so discreetly, just one deck up from the buffet. You'd never know. 

Phil 

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

As it only started post covid I’m not sure if that was the driver or it was the increased number of suites on Onward, that said we did enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. It’s certainly taken the load off of the Butlers who were often faced with a dilemma when multiple suites wanted breakfast at the same time. Princess have had this set up for many years now and I haven’t heard it referred to as elitist there, as you say it’s done discretely most passengers wouldn’t know it existed. In reality is any more two class than the in suite afternoon tea served by the butlers?

30 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I have more of an issue with the front row VIP/Big Suites seating at the Azamazing (off ship or onboard). I never sit in the reserved seats! Lol 

Phil 

My issue is that the loyalty program is based on how much you spend, rather than the number of nights onboard like so many other cruise lines.  We have done 17 cruises with Azamara and one Celebrity, yet we are still at the "Discoverer" level because we opt to travel on deck 4.

And the Amazing Evening seating is annoying as well.  I'm rather short and I have a hard time seeing when we are the last group to arrive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Travels with Lisa said:

My issue is that the loyalty program is based on how much you spend, rather than the number of nights onboard like so many other cruise lines.  We have done 17 cruises with Azamara and one Celebrity, yet we are still at the "Discoverer" level because we opt to travel on deck 4.

And the Amazing Evening seating is annoying as well.  I'm rather short and I have a hard time seeing when we are the last group to arrive.

Sometimes there are unexpected benefits for being on Deck 4. A few years ago, the Azamazing Evening in Cuba was some excellent groups playing in a big auditorium. Those of us on Deck 4 were the last ones called to leave after the show, and while we waited, the last group to play put on an impromptu encore performance for another 30 minutes! It was very nice of them and we enjoyed it so much. We didn’t have the best seats in the house, but we definitely had the best show!

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I have more of an issue with the front row VIP/Big Suites seating at the Azamazing (off ship or onboard). I never sit in the reserved seats! Lol 

Phil 

Agree with you.  Worst was in Cozumel when the VIP section of tables was separated with red velvet ropes on stanchions.  Most VIP tables were half-empty yet some were seated far away from the performers.  Just poor form.  Hope we never see reserved section in Cabaret.

Don't have a problem with canapes or other treats in suites.  It's having some part of the ship where some, but not others, are allowed that irks me.  The spa deck would now fall into that category if day or whole-cruise passes are not available to others for a fee.

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

As it only started post covid I’m not sure if that was the driver or it was the increased number of suites on Onward, that said we did enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. It’s certainly taken the load off of the Butlers who were often faced with a dilemma when multiple suites wanted breakfast at the same time. Princess have had this set up for many years now and I haven’t heard it referred to as elitist there, as you say it’s done discretely most passengers wouldn’t know it existed. In reality is any more two class than the in suite afternoon tea served by the butlers?

And what about the high level suite only unlimited access to the outdoor spa deck?