Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

We too join Journey on the 24th.  I have two questions for anyone on board now.

1.  Do they have Franks Original hot sauce?   We really do put that.....on everything. Easy enough to bring a small bottle on this trip.

2.  What can you tell me about the included sparkling wine?  I am not overly fussy but do prefer something on the dry side so was just wondering.

We head out Saturday.  A few days in Montreal and quick side trip to visit relatives in NE US.then back to board in Montreal.

First Azamara.   Quite excited.  

1 hour ago, norn iron said:

We join Journey on the 24th in Montreal.

11 minutes ago, badtwin said:

We too join Journey on the 24th. 

First Azamara.   Quite excited.  

We board the Journey on the 24th in Montreal. Our first Azamara cruise as well. See you then!

26 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

On Journey now, and regarding the $25/day upgrade for high speed wifi - Guest Relations told me they're "trying it out" for this and their 2 subsequent voyages.

Stay tuned for how this experiment unfolds...

I find US 25 per day for an upgrade extremely expensive. First nowadays Internet is not a luxury item but a necessity. Second, it is very difficult to motivate guests to book longer itineraries on ships in which the internet is miserable and if you want to have a better access you are supposed to pay those ridiculous prices. Third, a premium line shall be able to provide a good and secure access at no additional cost to all passengers. The times in which, we would follow the crew members to an Internet cafe in the port of call are gone. 

I hope Azamara does not increase its “a la carte” offers. Meaning better wine if you pay more. Better internet if you pay more….

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Ithikan said:

On Journey now, and regarding the $25/day upgrade for high speed wifi - Guest Relations told me they're "trying it out" for this and their 2 subsequent voyages.

Stay tuned for how this experiment unfolds...

Does the loyalty discount apply to the $25 per day charge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I find US 25 per day for an upgrade extremely expensive. First nowadays Internet is not a luxury item but a necessity. Second, it is very difficult to motivate guests to book longer itineraries on ships in which the internet is miserable and if you want to have a better access you are supposed to pay those ridiculous prices. Third, a premium line shall be able to provide a good and secure access at no additional cost to all passengers. The times in which, we would follow the crew members to an Internet cafe in the port of call are gone. 

I hope Azamara does not increase its “a la carte” offers. Meaning better wine if you pay more. Better internet if you pay more….

I think the key is it's an upgrade. If you offer standard speed to everyone then this will put pressure on the whole system and slow it right down. So they offer the upgrade at a cost that not many will take up. I hope!  If I pay for an upgrade I don't want it hampered by a lot of people taking it up. It would be a big price hike from the $7.95 per day it was last trip,but at least they are now talking of a loyalty discount for it. 

Phil 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think the key is it's an upgrade. If you offer standard speed to everyone then this will put pressure on the whole system and slow it right down. So they offer the upgrade at a cost that not many will take up. I hope!  If I pay for an upgrade I don't want it hampered by a lot of people taking it up. It would be a big price hike from the $7.95 per day it was last trip,but at least they are now talking of a loyalty discount for it. 

Phil 

It will be interesting to see what they do with the upgrade costs for platinum members. We’re on 24/10 and 8/11 sone guess we’ll find out. Hope you’re well.

Regards Jenny. 
ps have received emails still selling basic  internet packages for this cruises. 

Edited by aussie travel bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aussie travel bird said:

It will be interesting to see what they do with the upgrade costs for platinum members. We’re on 24/10 and 8/11 sone guess we’ll find out. Hope you’re well.

Regards Jenny. 
ps have received emails still selling basic  internet packages for this cruises. 

Have fun and report back what happened. All the best to you and Neil. 

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope you don’t mind what seems like a repeat inquiry, but I’m trying to sort out the state of the internet offerings onboard currently.  I am boarding Journey Nov 8 to cruise the Caribbean.  Am I correct that free wifi will be available, although this will be the second rate service?  As Aussiebird mentioned, we have received an email selling internet packages available for the trip.  It included purchasing the regular wifi.

As Explorer loyalty members we have historically received 60 minutes free.  This is all we have ever needed.  We like to disconnect and when in US ports (which for this upcoming cruise will happen a few times) we have data with our mobile plan.

I am enquiring as I wonder if they are substituting another loyalty perk - perhaps 60 minutes on the upgraded service? Also our sister-in-law will be joining us on her first AZ cruise (first cruise ever in fact)..  She is an online gal and we have warned her of expensive and spotty internet.  I would like to represent the current internet status accurately to her.

If there’s anyone onboard who would like to check and update I’d appreciate it.

We are onboard the Quest right now the Oct 10th-19th sailing. The “free” wifi is terrible and paid for $10/day is even worse. It seems like the only time that you can get online is when everyone is either off the ship or middle of the night.  

Just now went to ask why it is so bad, they got rid of Starlink.  Starlink worked great, this is unusable, don’t waste your money on the upgrade for the “fast” internet.  Dial-up would be faster. 

Huge step backwards.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Spoke to management on Journey today and found out that the new wifi system are bring trialled on two ships Quest and Journey for a couple of months. Discount is being offered to Az Circle members at the same percent discount as you would get for the ultimate drinks package.(5% - 25%). They are taking feedback.

Edited by Belfastman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wondering how this is going to work for people who already bought an internet package. I did not (at the time when they were offering the 20% discount my loyalty discount was larger), but I have friends on my upcoming cruise who did. If they are making it free, I hope/assume they will be cancelling that purchase and refunding, but wondering if they will have to visit guest relations to get that fixed.

1 hour ago, sczcardfan said:

Wondering how this is going to work for people who already bought an internet package. I did not (at the time when they were offering the 20% discount my loyalty discount was larger), but I have friends on my upcoming cruise who did. If they are making it free, I hope/assume they will be cancelling that purchase and refunding, but wondering if they will have to visit guest relations to get that fixed.

... and the same wonder for those that selected it (rather than the Premium Beverage Package) in the current offer.

image.png.bf9ad41bba496e31e570f0c38fcc8094.png

Edited by fruitmachine
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GoSeeDo2 said:

We are onboard the Quest right now the Oct 10th-19th sailing. The “free” wifi is terrible and paid for $10/day is even worse. It seems like the only time that you can get online is when everyone is either off the ship or middle of the night.  

Just now went to ask why it is so bad, they got rid of Starlink.  Starlink worked great, this is unusable, don’t waste your money on the upgrade for the “fast” internet.  Dial-up would be faster. 

Huge step backwards.  

What? They got rid of Starlink? Why? Starlink used to work great.

Now as a discoverer plus we were supposed to get 75% off on the unlimited internet package. Is this benefit no longer existant? I hope this is not the case.

Azamara Circle Internet & Laundry Benefits:

LOYALTY TIER

FREE MINUTES

UNLIMITED PACKAGE REDEMPTION VALUE

LAUNDRY

Discoverer Platinum

100% off

1 bag; per 7 days; per stateroom

Discoverer Plus

75% off

Discoverer

50% off

Explorer

35% off

Adventurer

20% off

-

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

What? They got rid of Starlink? Why? Starlink used to work great.

Now as a discoverer plus we were supposed to get 75% off on the unlimited internet package. Is this benefit no longer existant? I hope this is not the case.

Azamara Circle Internet & Laundry Benefits:

LOYALTY TIER

FREE MINUTES

UNLIMITED PACKAGE REDEMPTION VALUE

LAUNDRY

Discoverer Platinum

100% off

Discoverer Plus

75% off

Discoverer

50% off

Explorer

35% off

Adventurer

20% off

-

Yes unfortunately this is the case but presently it is only a trial.

• Thanks 1