Is Russia going to accept ships for 2022 Summer

sjhanksaz

4 hours ago, tring said:

I totally agree, this will not be forgotten in a few years.  So, even if the cruise lines have any thought of returning to Russia, I do not believe people would have any interest in booking to go there.  Many, many years before that could happen imo.  I was surprised though that some people were still wanting to use Russian owned companies for excursions in other ports, I suggest those Russian national have a duty to return to Russia and help to educate the population on what is happening, rather than making money in other countries to send back to Russia.  It is only the knowing Russian people who can have any effect on this.

I hope you are right that this will not be forgotten for years. But I am discouraged by all the negative woe is me posts over in the HAL section where some cruisers were chartered out of the Volendam as it will be housing Ukranian refugees in the Netherlands.

I do, however, feel sorry for the tour operators and their guides and drivers in St. Petersburg. First covid hit their business, and now this. They are not the ones to blame, and in fact the first anti-war protests seemed to be centered in St. Petersburg.

We are lucky to have already had a Baltic cruise in 2007 for our 30th wedding anniversary. I consider it our best cruise. Even if it had not had a stop in St. Petersburg, Talinn, Oslo, and Stockholm would have made it a favorite among our cruises, but our St. Petersburg tour is what really made it special. And that includes really getting to meet the others on our roll call who joined us in the tour DW and I picked. 

And I am editing to add the link to the thread I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Edited by ontheweb
link added

17 hours ago, sjhanksaz said:

For sure as long as Putin is in charge

Or any of his ilk. 

Thank you, @ontheweb for your post. Very early on, my husband said that he thought that cruise ships would be ideal for housing refugees. We both decided that we would happily give up our cruises (we have 6 booked in Europe this year) if it meant safe housing and meals for refugees.

• Like 4

Cruiselines will return to Russia.  Maybe not the big ones but some will.  And folks will flock to them.  Maybe not the first few sailings but eventually.  Because people forget.  And people don't care.  And then the bigger ships will return and then all the ships will return.

Terror and horror have happened on our planet over and over again.  And then things go back to "normal" and places of horror become tourist attractions again.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 3:33 AM, Nitemare said:

Terror and horror have happened on our planet over and over again.  And then things go back to "normal" and places of horror become tourist attractions again.

And people don't care. So sad but yes, so true.

• Like 2