Is Russia going to accept ships for 2022 Summer

sjhanksaz

12 hours ago, tring said:

The world is concerned, but we are not allowed to talk politics here and posts will be pulled if we do, so best to keep the forums to cruise matters or we could loose sight of posts which are useful at present, especially for those who are due to travel soon.  The future cannot be predicted at present anyway, a lot can change by August and balance payment dates are mostly still well off as yet.  Some cruises sail as early May.

Actually, my transatlantic on Enchanted Princess is April 9, and we are to begin the Baltic portion of the cruise April 23rd, so we leave 6 weeks from today.  Sure wish they'd decide where we're going soon.  I don't really care, it could be the Norwegian fjords, or the British Isles, as long as we end in Copenhagen for our flight home.

Edited by flahagan
I had omitted the name of the ship.

31 minutes ago, flahagan said:

Actually, my transatlantic on Enchanted Princess is April 9, and we are to begin the Baltic portion of the cruise April 23rd, so we leave 6 weeks from today.  Sure wish they'd decide where we're going soon.  I don't really care, it could be the Norwegian fjords, or the British Isles, as long as we end in Copenhagen for our flight home.

That is not long and with the trans Atlantic element I can see it must be worrying.  I hope all goes well for you.

Listening to the news now we are begining to feel it may just be over reasonably soon, but who knows.

Edited by tring

I think we may all be doing "surprise cruises" replacing the ports where we aren't welcome or at high risk to passengers, crew and the ship. As I haven't taken a vacation in 2 years where I couldn't drive I'm open to anything as long as I can begin planning for the excursions.  Azamara hasn't sent me a notification on the replacement of 3 days in St. Petersburg that obviously won't happen  is scrambling trying to figure it out. Just need to be patient and hopeful notification will happen soon. 

17 minutes ago, galveston gal said:

Well if we all behave maybe it will remain in tact. 😉

Quite, it has also been very good to be able to exchange information.  As the thread and this board is only of interest to those who have cruises booked to the area, I suggest that has helped keep away posters who just want to stir trouble.

We are booked on the first ship out , which is the Enchanted Princess, leaving Fort Lauderdale on April 9 arriving in Copenhagen April the 23rd. It is then poised for a 12 day Baltic Cruise from there. Most if not all aboard are paid in full. I am confident the cruise companies are doing whatever they can to ensure the safety of the passengers, crew and ships. There is nothing that can be done but wait it out.

It is a minor inconvenience in the total scheme of things.

• Like 2

I'm booked on  the last NCL Baltic itineraries that starts in Stockholm and ends in Amsterdam Aug. 16.  Be cause the 2 days in SPB are at the beginning of the cruise, day 2 and 3, NCL would have to do some major rearranging of the port order with substitute ports added. This is a 12 day cruise with 7 stops scheduled not counting start and end. Because many will just completely cancel Baltic cruises since they really wanted to visit SPB, the cruises sailing will likely not be very full. As long as NCL adds 2 more ports in place of SPB I will take the cruise which should help the stressed Baltic countries' economies.

• Like 2

RCL finally cancelled St Petersburg. Email received last night regarding July 31 cruise:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Last week, we advised you of a potential itinerary change for your upcoming cruise. Today, we are writing to let you know that the call in St. Petersburg, Russia will now be replaced with an overnight in Stockholm, Sweden on Sunday and Riga, Latvia on Wednesday. We’ve also pushed back our visit to Tallinn, Estonia on Friday, and added Aarhus, Denmark on Tuesday. We’re terribly sorry for this unexpected change, and we hope you’ll enjoy everything these incredible destinations have to offer! Below, please find our revised Voyager of the Seas July 31st, 2022 itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Stockholm, Sweden

EMBARK

Mon

Stockholm, Sweden

4:30 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Riga, Latvia

7:00 AM

Thu

Riga, Latvia

4:00 PM

Fri

Tallinn, Estonia

9:00 AM

7:00 PM

Sat

Helsinki, Finland

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Sun

Visby, Sweden

6:00 PM

Mon

Ronne, Bornholm, Denmark

Tue

Aarhus, Denmark

Wed

Copenhagen, Denmark

5:00 AM

Stockholm, Sweden’s hip capital, is full of cool sights and interesting experiences you won’t want to miss. Head to Gamla Stan, also known as Old Town, a must-see historic site known for its beautiful medieval houses and cobblestone streets. Home to some great restaurants and cafes, it’s the perfect spot to grab lunch or dinner while touring the city. Riga, Latvia's historical capital, is an architecture buff’s dream come true. The Gothic structures in the Old Town and the Art Nouveau buildings scattered around the city meld together to create a modern-day fairy tale. Stroll into the bustling Riga Central Market and sample the bright, colorful produce and local products like hemp butter and amber jewelry. Founded during the Viking Age, Aarhus is a compact and vibrant city perfect for history enthusiasts and lovers of the arts and culture. Head to the bustling Latin Quarter, lined with cafes, boutique shops and cutting-edge restaurants. Aarhus was recently named the European Capital of Culture. Its myriad museums include the Moesgaard History Museum, Aros Aarhus Art Museum and Den Gamle By, nestled in an open-air botanical garden. Whatever you decide to do, we’re sure you’ll have a wonderful time!

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for St. Petersburg will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. Our Shore Excursions team will automatically reschedule any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions impacted by this change. In the next few days, your updated tour information will be e-mailed to you. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner.

Important Reminder: Families traveling with unvaccinated kids are required to purchase a tour through Royal Caribbean to go ashore. Some ports require all guests, regardless of vaccination status, to purchase tours through Royal Caribbean. Review the latest healthy shore excursion requirements by port here.

While we can’t wait to set sail with you, we understand this was an unexpected change and may not work for everyone. Should you wish to cancel, you’ll have until March 15th, 2022 to decide and receive a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including non-refundable deposits. And, any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment within 30 business days. Please contact your Travel Advisor or call us at 1 (866) 562-7625 by March 15th, 2022 to let us know your decision.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Voyager of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, richmke said:

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Stockholm, Sweden

EMBARK

Mon

Stockholm, Sweden

4:30 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Riga, Latvia

7:00 AM

Thu

Riga, Latvia

4:00 PM

Fri

Tallinn, Estonia

9:00 AM

7:00 PM

Sat

Helsinki, Finland

Sun

Visby, Sweden

6:00 PM

Mon

Ronne, Bornholm, Denmark

Tue

Aarhus, Denmark

Wed

Copenhagen, Denmark

5:00 AM

Now, can we hear from Princess?? We sail on April 23rd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, judithzuz said:

Now, can we hear from Princess?? We sail on April 23rd.

Carnival Corp. Cancels All Russia Port Stops

Carnival Corp. includes includes Carnival, Seabourn, Holland America Line, Princess, P&O Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises Australia, AIDA and Costa.

Chairman Micky Arison released the following statement via Twitter over the weekend: "We are in the process of securing alternate itineraries for our cruise ships before announcing our future plans. We will be advising our guests and travel partners shortly as plans become finalized."

1 minute ago, Langoustine said:

Carnival Corp. includes includes Carnival, Seabourn, Holland America Line, Princess, P&O Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises Australia, AIDA and Costa.

Chairman Micky Arison released the following statement via Twitter over the weekend: "We are in the process of securing alternate itineraries for our cruise ships before announcing our future plans. We will be advising our guests and travel partners shortly as plans become finalized."

well, we've seen that. just waiting on new itineraries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langoustine said:

Carnival Corp. Cancels All Russia Port Stops

Yes, I posted that information on this thread on Sunday.  I am sure I saw something that said they will be on touch this week.  We are booked on P&O from the UK for a May departure - there are three May departures.

P&O Have only replaced SPB for the first two cruises in early May as yet, but ours, departing 24th May and  all others for later this summer are still awaited.  I have seen a lot of different cruise lines mentioned by people reporting changes, is there any other early summer itinerary changes still outstanding for other lines or are most of them re scheduled now?

I know it will be done so no real problem, but just getting a tad impatient now.  I have resorted to searching for port websites to see if there are any changes, but have not been able to find port websites with lists of schedules for any of our possible replacement ports (Skagen, Gdynia, Aarhus, Helsinki or Lithuania).  Found Stockholm and Visby, where we already have a calls, and only the one day still showing there, for the original dates.  Yes, I know I am going to be told to be patient but that has never been a virtue of mine 🙂

I think at the moment all cruise lines and cruise ports are really busy in replanning their itinieraries and finding port spaces and the ports are busy in getting all the ships into their ports somehow.

I am sure there are daily changes or even several changes per day.

So any port schedules which is published now might be obsolete in a few hours again.

YOu will get an info about the final itinerary as soon as everything is fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 12:45 PM, Tom47 said:

Russia's foreign minister Lavrov says that Russia will deny visas to "unfriendly countries."  As for me, I don't ever want to visit Russia again.

For sure as long as Putin is in charge

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I think this topic might as well be changed from Is Russia going to accept ships in the Summer of 2022 to When if ever will ships sail again to Russia.

I totally agree, this will not be forgotten in a few years.  So, even if the cruise lines have any thought of returning to Russia, I do not believe people would have any interest in booking to go there.  Many, many years before that could happen imo.  I was surprised though that some people were still wanting to use Russian owned companies for excursions in other ports, I suggest those Russian national have a duty to return to Russia and help to educate the population on what is happening, rather than making money in other countries to send back to Russia.  It is only the knowing Russian people who can have any effect on this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1