Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

1 minute ago, lydnsyd said:

The Health Protocol has finally been announced for European sailings

My sailing out of Italy will require an Antigen Test 1 day prior to sailing -  does that mean exactly 24 hrs before sailing or can the test be done anytime the day before the sailing?

I am hoping it is the latter as we are flying in to FCO the night before the cruise

It says "within 1 day", so I'm interpreting that as anytime between 24 hours and embarkation. I think it would be almost impossible that every passenger is able to do it exactly 24 hours before the cruise, so hopefully I'm reading it correctly 🙂 

18 hours ago, lydnsyd said:

The Health Protocol has finally been announced for European sailings

My sailing out of Italy will require an Antigen Test 1 day prior to sailing -  does that mean exactly 24 hrs before sailing or can the test be done anytime the day before the sailing?

I am hoping it is the latter as we are flying in to FCO the night before the cruise

It is based on calendar day. So if your cruise sails on Friday you can test any time on Thursday. 

1 hour ago, foxnan said:

Does anyone know what percentage of passengers are being canceled for positive covid tests Celebrity wide? 

I don't really think they would release that data to the public.  Maybe to the CDC.

Our cruise departs on a Monday, and as we are fully vaccinated we are required to have a covid test performed on the Saturday, Sunday or Monday (day of sailing).

We will be flying to Florida from Australia and having our PCR test to depart Australia and enter the US on the Saturday. 

I assume this same test will be able to be used for the cruise (it meets all the documentation requirements)? Is there anyone who has travelled from outside the US or Canada to pick up a cruise in the US where they have used their test to enter the US for their cruise? When we have our test in Australia it will be dated the Saturday, but technically that is still the Friday in the US.

We won’t have time at the pier to get retested so want to ensure this will be ok or will be need another test in Florida the day before 

On 4/11/2022 at 11:29 PM, Maddie38 said:

It says "within 1 day", so I'm interpreting that as anytime between 24 hours and embarkation. I think it would be almost impossible that every passenger is able to do it exactly 24 hours before the cruise, so hopefully I'm reading it correctly 🙂 

Spoke to Celebrity, I am cruising on 2nd May, they said Saturday would be ok.

Not sure of antigen test requirements, celebrity said must be supervised, but that’s not Europe requirement? Any suggestions 

We are sailing out of Ravenna Italy on Celebrity mid May.  Our biggest stress right now is getting a covid test before boarding.  Does anyone know of testing locations in Ravenna.  Also, which proctored tests will be accepted or not accepted and which proctor companies?  ie:  Acculab?  Azova?  Switch health?  We're having a very difficult time getting clear answers from Celebrity or our travel agent.  Thanks for any input.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, dukev said:

We are sailing out of Ravenna Italy on Celebrity mid May.  Our biggest stress right now is getting a covid test before boarding.  Does anyone know of testing locations in Ravenna.  Also, which proctored tests will be accepted or not accepted and which proctor companies?  ie:  Acculab?  Azova?  Switch health?  We're having a very difficult time getting clear answers from Celebrity or our travel agent.  Thanks for any input.

I would test at the airport dependingon when you arrive in Italy.  As of now you can also test at the pier.  You also are likely to have the rules change before May

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, dukev said:

If you have access to WiFi, why not use the self administered proctored tests that Celebrity sells?

2 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

If you have access to WiFi, why not use the self administered proctored tests that Celebrity sells?

I looked into that. I don't think they ship to Canada.  I'll take another look tho.  Thankyou.

Are the proctors for the Celebrity self administered tests available 24 / 7?  Is there any reason I can’t use it when I am in Europe this summer?  

I sure hope the cruise lines and the countries eliminate all these testing requirements SOON.  They are such a headache.

29 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Are the proctors for the Celebrity self administered tests available 24 / 7?  Is there any reason I can’t use it when I am in Europe this summer?  

They're available 24/7/365.  The only reason I can think of that it wouldn't work in Europe is that you might be somewhere where there's no Internet access available.

Wondering if anyone has any experience boarding with Certificate of Recovery and positive PCR test?  We are cruising to Alaska in June and have just recovered from Covid (not at all pleasant I would recommend avoiding at all costs). From what I have read it is my understanding that since we are within the 11-90 days period, all we would require to board is:

• Certificate of Recovery from our Healthcare provider
  • Documentation of a Positive PCR test
  • Record of Full Vaccination

From what I understand we will not be required to provide a pre-boarding Covid test....has anyone boarded with this???

Robin

I wanted to share my experience today in trying to use the celebrity approved Novica tests today 

I received 3 tests and tried to use these for my cruise tommorow. However all 3 scanned in the app as already used or expired. With the customer service being unable to assist with what occurred 

I then had to run around pretty much all of NYC to find a testing place that could do my tests. Which thankfully I did 

Moral of the story have a back up for the tele health/supervised antigen test

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AussieGirlKaz said:

I wanted to share my experience today in trying to use the celebrity approved Novica tests today 

I received 3 tests and tried to use these for my cruise tommorow. However all 3 scanned in the app as already used or expired. With the customer service being unable to assist with what occurred 

I then had to run around pretty much all of NYC to find a testing place that could do my tests. Which thankfully I did 

You just raised my stress level up another notch. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, AussieGirlKaz said:

Just curious, how long ago did you purchase the tests?

6 hours ago, AussieGirlKaz said:

🙈🙈where in NYC did you find as we need to test when in NYC to board summit (coming from UK) - thanks

We have Abbott Binax Now proctored tests with expiration date of Nov 8, 2021.  I checked with the Optum Stire and e/med and have letters from them stating that the expiration date has been extended 6 months -so new expiration is May 8, 2022.

I also had them check the lot number. I hope this is correct. I plan to use them this week. I do have a newer test ad well. Check with e/med.