Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

A couple question for those of you who used the Binax/e-med tests:

• Where so I find the expiration date? I have looked all over the box! 
  • Is the 2 days before boarding requirement 2 calendar days or 48 hours from your boarding time? We were planning on taking them the morning of our flight (about 4am) to avoid the stress of doing it in the airport or hotel. But that would mean technically it's 2 days,  but with a 11am boarding time will be over 48 hours. 

TIA! 

10 minutes ago, TeachAloha said:

• Is the 2 days before boarding requirement 2 calendar days or 48 hours from your boarding time? We were planning on taking them the morning of our flight (about 4am) to avoid the stress of doing it in the airport or hotel. But that would mean technically it's 2 days,  but with a 11am boarding time will be over 48 hours. 

TIA! 

Wondering the same about the 2 days before. My cruise is this Thursday and would like to know if it I can do my test anytime tomorrow

39 minutes ago, TeachAloha said:

TIA! 

2 days (4am is fine) and see the expiration date circled in the photo below...

covid-test.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TeachAloha said:

TIA! 

You don’t count the day of boarding. For 2 day covid test anytime on the 2 days prior to boarding.

12 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

We have Abbott Binax Now proctored tests with expiration date of Nov 8, 2021.  I checked with the Optum Stire and e/med and have letters from them stating that the expiration date has been extended 6 months -so new expiration is May 8, 2022.

I also had them check the lot number. I hope this is correct. I plan to use them this week. I do have a newer test ad well. Check with e/med. 

I do hope you'll come back and let us know how it went.  We have those exact tests with the same expiration date and an email from eMed saying the expiration date is 5/8/22.  We also have newer tests as a backup but hope to save them for a Sept cruise.  We don't cruise until 5/3 so will test on 5/1... hopefully yours will pass and we'll also be fine.

Just an update about Maryland CVS Rapid Testing. It appears CVS in my Annapolis area are no longer scheduling Rapid test. They still schedule the PCR 1-2 day result notification. We have three Binax Now test kits that we will use, but also wanted a backup in case there are problems. I did find a few Clinics that will do Rapid testing with a 15 minute return of results, properly documented.

The very nice woman at the local clinic stated most drive thru Pharmacy stores are dropping Rapid Testing due to home testing availability . Keep in mind, this is for my area only. Don't know about CVS in other locations. 

4 hours ago, runningtide said:

Just an update about Maryland CVS Rapid Testing. It appears CVS in my Annapolis area are no longer scheduling Rapid test. They still schedule the PCR 1-2 day result notification. We have three Binax Now test kits that we will use, but also wanted a backup in case there are problems. I did find a few Clinics that will do Rapid testing with a 15 minute return of results, properly documented.

The very nice woman at the local clinic stated most drive thru Pharmacy stores are dropping Rapid Testing due to home testing availability . Keep in mind, this is for my area only. Don't know about CVS in other locations. 

i also heard they stopped for a while since the free gov't funding went away.

I think they should still have appointment for those of us who want to pay for travel.

time will tell but CVS keeps having drama with testing.  I see Walgreens still has lots of appointments.

One day I hope folks cruising will still have choices besides emed.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiselover623 said:

That is good to know.  We live in Annapolis as well and noticed that CVS wasn’t doing the tests anymore.  I’ve found that the Annapolis clinic on West St is still open as well as the mall and Patient First.  This is stressful!

I talked to Priority Care in Severna Park. Very nice people. I had a PCR test done there in January 2021 when I first got the original Covid 19. They say just come in, wear a mask, and results in 15 minutes.  If you goole Annapolis Covid Rapid test, you'll get this site from AACDH that list many locations.

https://www.aahealth.org/rapidcovidtests/

Edited by runningtide

On 4/17/2022 at 11:39 AM, Dave&Robin said:

Wondering if anyone has any experience boarding with Certificate of Recovery and positive PCR test?  We are cruising to Alaska in June and have just recovered from Covid (not at all pleasant I would recommend avoiding at all costs). From what I have read it is my understanding that since we are within the 11-90 days period, all we would require to board is:

• Certificate of Recovery from our Healthcare provider
  • Documentation of a Positive PCR test
  • Record of Full Vaccination

From what I understand we will not be required to provide a pre-boarding Covid test....has anyone boarded with this???

Robin

@Dave&Robin - I tried to post this, and the post disappeared.  So apologies if this ends up showing up twice.

See this thread and this thread.

I now have a Certificate of Recovery, and a positive PCR within 11-90 days before my upcoming cruise next week.  I will try to remember to come back and update you on how this works out.

Tom & Judy

On 4/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, runningtide said:

That might explain why our local CVS stores (Columbus, OH) don't have any rapid testing available all of a sudden.  It threw me for a loop so I ordered the proctored at-home tests from Optum today with express delivery for our May 6 cruise. 

Did the proctored Abbot Binax tests this morning.  Was quite simple.  Set up account on on Navica first with your info then go to eMed site  to log on.  Results emailed quickly after 15 min timer ended.  There are a few Youtube videos which are helpful to watch first.  Just be sure it's the AG Test Card, the proctored one. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vettegal2 said:

Did the proctored Abbot Binax tests this morning.  Was quite simple.  Set up account on on Navica first with your info then go to eMed site  to log on.  Results emailed quickly after 15 min timer ended.  There are a few Youtube videos which are helpful to watch first.  Just be sure it's the AG Test Card, the proctored one. 

and make sure you computer does not time out at 10 minutes or so.  make sure it stays on 30 minutes.

got this advice over on RCI threads

On 4/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, spammie said:

I live in the Philly suburbs. We did the rapid test through them last August and December. They also no longer offer it, just the PCR. So frustrating. 

I’ve used this for the rapid test. No problems.  
Are you close to Exton or Plymouth Meeting?

https://15toknow.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spammie said:

Thank you!  Currently hubby and I have Covid and cruise May 21st.  Praying we test negative!  So annoyed but glad we got it now and not in two weeks.

Make sure you get a lab test now while you're positive. Then ask your doctor to write you a letter clearing you for travel once you recover. Then you won't need a covid test to board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Make sure you get a lab test now while you're positive. Then ask your doctor to write you a letter clearing you for travel once you recover. Then you won't need a covid test to board.

I agree. Just read the very specific requirements for having a positive PCR resolve within 11–90 date days prior to the end of the cruise, and getting a letter from your doctor matching up with the description on Celebrity‘s website as to exactly what is required.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 10:59 AM, Vettegal2 said:

So you don't have to set up an appointment time to take the test?  Just scan the QR code on the box and follow the instructions?