Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

Hello everyone,

Has anyone recently used a pre-arrival supervised testing company in the UK? I have found a few who provide this but wondered if anyone had already used a specific company which had been accepted when arriving at the terminal.

Many thanks

Edited by emem12345

Hi Everybody,

Looking for some assistance, we are cruising from Fort Lauderdale but will arrive into Chicago first for 3 days then Key West for 3 days before we fly to Fort Lauderdale on the evening before our cruise.

I noticed over the weekend that we now must have a Covid test before we embark Celebrity Equinox and they have some options on the website but you mush have a US credit card but we only have an Irish one and the booking system will not allow me book a test on this date at the port. Would anyone be able to let me know of a reasonably price company in Key West that can test us and it will be acceptable to the cruise company.   

thanks in advance 

Fergie  

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 8:27 AM, Fergieoy said:

I noticed over the weekend that we now must have a Covid test before we embark Celebrity Equinox and they have some options on the website but you mush have a US credit card but we only have an Irish one and the booking system will not allow me book a test on this date at the port. Would anyone be able to let me know of a reasonably price company in Key West that can test us and it will be acceptable to the cruise company.   

thanks in advance 

Fergie  

You can buy prepaid Visa cards in many denominations ($25, $50, etc.) at many drug stores and grocery stores here.  I wonder if that would work.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:27 AM, Fergieoy said:

Edited by Steirisch
didn't look right

Sorry if this was already posted (I went through multiple pages and couldn’t find this info)….

We leave on the Infinity in 3 wks. Planning to order the tests through Celebrity. It says on BinaxNow website you can add a dependent to your account once you have created. Does anyone know how this would work with my 9 year old son? Can we be under the same account? Also, how do they administer the tests then, at same time or log back out and in when I’m done, etc? Thx in advance 

46 minutes ago, youngm02 said:

Sorry if this was already posted (I went through multiple pages and couldn’t find this info)….

We leave on the Infinity in 3 wks. Planning to order the tests through Celebrity. It says on BinaxNow website you can add a dependent to your account once you have created. Does anyone know how this would work with my 9 year old son? Can we be under the same account? Also, how do they administer the tests then, at same time or log back out and in when I’m done, etc? Thx in advance 

You can create your account anytime at https://www.mynavica.abbott. After logging in, to the left, there is an option to add a managed profile. Click on this and add your son. When you are ready to test, you will be asked to logon and then select the profile to be tested. Once you're done one test, you can restart and select the other profile. My family has one account for all four of us. 

Screen-Shot-2022-07-03-at-1-40-00-PM.png

The mandatory pre cruise test can be a problem we are still trying to work it out , we fly   early hours from Glasgow to San Juan in December.

If they keep the mandatory test 2 days before the cruise , it means  we are arriving late at night at San Juan  Puerto Rico  on the Thursday so the only opportunity for us to get a test is at Miami Airport where we have a 4 hrs wait before the flight or in San Juan on the Friday with the cruise  departing on  the Saturday.

We have about 1 hr possibility at Heathrow  to get a test but that's tight.

Celebrity can't confirm if we could get a port side test . It makes you think of not bothering with the stress.

we are looking for a walk in test centre for antigen test or will we need to do it online all info re online for a UK resident in the USA.

I would plan on Miami airport, San Juan as a backup. Contact your hotel ahead of time, ask for a nearby location. 
I am quite sure that current policy says that day-of testing is not allowed. I could be wrong, policies may change, but I would not plan on port side testing.

Stan

Thanks for the idea , was on celebrity site trying their port booking if required San Juan no on their list

Also tried to see if can obtain the Video Test via their connecting approved suppliers all USA based with no supply to the UK.

It must be difficult for International Travellers who come in early to the port to ensure they make the cruise

to obtain the necessary Covid Test before boarding . I have e mailed the Hotel waiting on a reply.

9 hours ago, amoscotti said:

Thanks for the idea , was on celebrity site trying their port booking if required San Juan no on their list

Also tried to see if can obtain the Video Test via their connecting approved suppliers all USA based with no supply to the UK.

It must be difficult for International Travellers who come in early to the port to ensure they make the cruise

to obtain the necessary Covid Test before boarding . I have e mailed the Hotel waiting on a reply.

I'd say the best option is the E-Med (or comparable) test.  If you're staying in a hotel in San Juan and the tests can't be sent to the UK, maybe arrange with the hotel to receive the test and hold it until your arrival? 

10 hours ago, amoscotti said:

FYI, A partial quote from information about the San Juan Airpot testing...

_________

The Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico is now offering PCR molecular COVID-19 tests for all passengers within the airport. 

Done in partnership with CMT Group, this will comply with island entry requirements, as well as provide easy access to testing for those leaving the destination. While Puerto Rico is exempt from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) negative COVID-19 test requirement for re-entry into the U.S., travelers who still wish to get tested, will have the ability to do so without having to leave the airport. 

Beyond facilitating testing, this offering will also allow for early detection of positive cases and serve as a preventative measure, furthering the Island’s commitment to the safety of visitors and residents, said Discover Puerto Rico.

Here’s what travelers need to know:

PCR molecular testing for all travelers coming in or going out of the Island will be available for $110 and will be guaranteed results electronically within 24 to 48 hours. Testing will be conducted from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week in Terminal ATerminal B and Terminal C at the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport.

Those who wish to have a test done at the airport must fill out the form available here and head out to any of the testing areas located throughout the facility. Passengers can pre-register via web or upon arrival or departure at the airport, from where they will scan a code located at the entrance of the test center using their cell phone camera. 

A web search also showed a CVS Pharmacy and several Walgreens Pharmacies offering testing.

Stan

Thanks so much Stan

Gives me great options , Managed to contact Celebrity Customers service which confused me even more said we could test 3 days before the cruise which gives us the option of testing in the UK.

They sent  a copy of information just with 2 days and 3 days telling you the days you can count back to take the test but doesn't differentiate between the requirements for the days that apply to you.

But when you read the information it would appear if you are fully vaccinated and had the booster that the protocol is 2 days. 

1 minute ago, amoscotti said:

Thanks so much Stan

Gives me great options , Managed to contact Celebrity Customers service which confused me even more said we could test 3 days before the cruise which gives us the option of testing in the UK.

They sent  a copy of information just with 2 days and 3 days telling you the days you can count back to take the test but doesn't differentiate between the requirements for the days that apply to you.

But when you read the information it would appear if you are fully vaccinated and had the booster that the protocol is 2 days. 

I just went back and dug through the FAQs again, to check on my own of what I thought I had seen. It looks like one-two days is the current standard; I thought that a PCR could be done within three days, but that apparently is only in case of unvaccinated.

In any case, by December, the requirements may change, the pharmacies I referenced above may all have dropped the testing business, today's answers may be totally irrelevant. All we can do is try to keep up with the changes.

By the way, San Juan is one of my favorite places! Been in and out of there a few times, we'll be back in January for a few days before and after a Windstar cruise.

Stan

I agree checked some other information on cruise critic for other cruise lines one quoted that Regent were dropping the required testing in August.

I hope you enjoy your Windstar cruise ,  we have 2 days in San Juan before returning back to Scotland and looking forward to exploring San Juan.

Can you recommend any Stand out places In San Juan.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:14 AM, emem12345 said:

Hello everyone,

Has anyone recently used a pre-arrival supervised testing company in the UK? I have found a few who provide this but wondered if anyone had already used a specific company which had been accepted when arriving at the terminal.

Many thanks

Celebrity will accept any company doing proctoring of any government approved test IF they will provide you an email test result in the approved format.

That format is the same for all major cruiselines.  The standard stuff and not handwritten.  Most have a QR code.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:10 AM, GottaKnowWhen said:

FYI, A partial quote from information about the San Juan Airpot testing...

_________

The Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico is now offering PCR molecular COVID-19 tests for all passengers within the airport. 

Done in partnership with CMT Group, this will comply with island entry requirements, as well as provide easy access to testing for those leaving the destination. While Puerto Rico is exempt from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) negative COVID-19 test requirement for re-entry into the U.S., travelers who still wish to get tested, will have the ability to do so without having to leave the airport. 

Beyond facilitating testing, this offering will also allow for early detection of positive cases and serve as a preventative measure, furthering the Island’s commitment to the safety of visitors and residents, said Discover Puerto Rico.

Here’s what travelers need to know:

PCR molecular testing for all travelers coming in or going out of the Island will be available for $110 and will be guaranteed results electronically within 24 to 48 hours. Testing will be conducted from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week in Terminal ATerminal B and Terminal C at the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport.

Those who wish to have a test done at the airport must fill out the form available here and head out to any of the testing areas located throughout the facility. Passengers can pre-register via web or upon arrival or departure at the airport, from where they will scan a code located at the entrance of the test center using their cell phone camera. 

A web search also showed a CVS Pharmacy and several Walgreens Pharmacies offering testing.

Stan

Stan the problem is results from an PCR test take up to 48 hours. Much better to either go to a pharmacy and get an antigen test OR bring your own test and use a proctoring company such as Rapidtestandtrace.com or onpoint.  They will email you results in the correct format in a couple hours or less for $20 and you can do the test anywhere.

23 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity will accept any company doing proctoring of any government approved test IF they will provide you an email test result in the approved format.

That format is the same for all major cruiselines.  The standard stuff and not handwritten.  Most have a QR code.

Thank you for this info.  I do not want to do the e Med or Binax and was concerned that a NAAT Rapid Test at Walgreens would not be acceptable.  However, after your post I am relieved because those tests DO have a QR code and Person Ordering The Test, Location of Test, etc... You have eased my mind considerably!

2 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

Thank you for this info.  I do not want to do the e Med or Binax and was concerned that a NAAT Rapid Test at Walgreens would not be acceptable.  However, after your post I am relieved because those tests DO have a QR code and Person Ordering The Test, Location of Test, etc... You have eased my mind considerably!

You are welcome.  The problem with Walgreens is they only do so many tests - and at least in Arizona you make appointments several days ahead.  Any antigen test approved by any government  - UK, North America, Australia etc works 

Suggest you bring a couple of the free tests with you just in case 

18 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You are welcome.  The problem with Walgreens is they only do so many tests - and at least in Arizona you make appointments several days ahead.  Any antigen test approved by any government  - UK, North America, Australia etc works 

Suggest you bring a couple of the free tests with you just in case 

I am in NC and have had no trouble booking appointments with Walgreens online so far.  I cannot tell you how happy I was to read your post.  You have no idea how much stress you removed from my old, frazzled brain.

We keep making this way too complicated.

If you board on a Saturday you need to test either on Thursday or Friday. It really needs to be ANY type of antigen test.  Those results come back in under an hour.  NOT a PCR test with up to 48 hours for results.

The test needs to be proctored.   Either in person or virtually using a company like OnPoint or Rapidtestandtrace.com.   You can use ANY government approved test from US, UK, Canada etc.  The virtual tests take about 15-20 on WIFI. 

13 hours ago, nonni2 said:

I’ve heard from a friend Celebrity has an option for a test administered in the passenger’s home by a third party. She didn’t have any details. Does anyone know anything about this?

Bioreference - Scarlet Concierge Service: In partnership with Bio-reference a concierge testing option is available for our fully vaccinated guests. Bio-reference will send a qualified medical technician to your home, office, hotel, or any place you choose, to perform the test. The cost is $85 per person. Your results will be ready in about 48 hours. Click here to make an appointment.