Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

2 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Other way around, Princess is owned by Carnival, as is HAL, Seaborne, Cunard and others.

Hope Celebrity ends their covid testing soon. I am on a 10 night Caribbean September 26th.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

No tests required for 9 nights.  10 might cruises still require testing but it no longer needs to be monitored

Mine is 10 nights so will do a self test but how do you provide proof, etc.  I've never done one but have kits at home 

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Mine is 10 nights so will do a self test but how do you provide proof, etc.  I've never done one but have kits at home 

From the link that @CRUISEFAN0001provided just above:

"Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

I thought you wanted the testing to end.  So, what is scary?  

I would live to see the testing come to an end but not at the expense of  having incorrect documentation at the pier and being denied boarding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I would live to see the testing come to an end but not at the expense of  having incorrect documentation at the pier and being denied boarding. 

The rules are still different for your country.  New rules apply to US and EU sailings.  Not Canada.

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The rules are still different for your country.  New rules apply to US and EU sailings.  Not Canada.

I'm sailing out of Fort Lauderdale so can self test 3 days prior. Will take a video

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Are you expecting the people checking you in at the pier to watch your video?

Of course not  this is all new to everyone so better to be safe than sorry.  I was recently on a cruise to Hawaii some guests were not even asked for proof of tests. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Of course not  this is all new to everyone so better to be safe than sorry.  I was recently on a cruise to Hawaii some guests were not even asked for proof of tests. 

18 hours ago, drakes2 said:

we just went out of Rome and it was more than a quick glance at my phone, there is no way he had time to read when the test was taken etc.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, floridababa said:

Where did you test in rome?

hotel room with the Abbot Binax test, logged in thru cell phone on wifi and they walk you thru it on video. it took 20 minutes each at the most. they then send your results thru emai and app. I took screen shot and showed that at check in

there are pharmacy's everywhere there that can probably do it but I wanted to make sure I wasted as little time as possible and liked the idea of just doing it from hotel

8 minutes ago, CK57 said:

Will Celebrity accept the Lucira Self PCR Test?  This is the only PCR test I have found that can be self completed.  The company claims toe be FDA and EUA Authorized.

I'm curious why you would want to spend 3x-4x as much for a PCR test when an antigen test would suffice.